Decent IEMs with a neck lanyard?
May 17, 2007 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

afphreak

100+ Head-Fier
Like most people, i love listening to music while at work...

but i have a slight problem, i work in a supply center, where there is always something sticking out wanting to grab my headphone cables.

so i've been using some Senneiser MXL 51 earbuds, with the wire tucked under my shirt, and i LOVE the lanyard because it allows me to take off the hps and have them at hand very quickly. but the SQ has been leaving me wanting more, they may be senns, but their kinda on the cheap end
frown.gif

I recently discovered IEMs a few months ago when i found this site(oh noes
etysmile.gif
), but have yet to see anything like what i'm looking for... all i'm asking is decent SQ, and must have either a lanyard or somekind of cable managment

oh , BTW, i'll be pairing them with a creative ZV:M -> C&C XO rig

May 17, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 6
Route the cable down you shirt, and clip it with one of those cheap cell phone mic clips. That's what I do with the E4s, works out fine for me. As for cheap IEMs, take your pick from the popular options, such as Mylar X3, E2C, ER-6i, UM1, or SF3P.

May 17, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by afphreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh , BTW, i'll be pairing them with a creative ZV:M -> C&C XO rig

ZV:M?
Unless you want to hang yourself at work (or get new [size=xx-small]smaller[/size] player), I think you should do what azncookiecutter has suggested.

May 18, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Route the cable down you shirt, and clip it with one of those cheap cell phone mic clips. That's what I do with the E4s, works out fine for me. As for cheap IEMs, take your pick from the popular options, such as Mylar X3, E2C, ER-6i, UM1, or SF3P.

i'll look into those clips, never thought about using those..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ZV:M?
Unless you want to hang yourself at work (or get new [size=xx-small]smaller[/size] player), I think you should do what azncookiecutter has suggested.

oh no, i keep my rig in my cargo pants pocket, the Senneiser cans came with a "extension cord" thats about 3' in length, i use the lanyard for just the headphones themselves, the Zen and C&C amp together are a heavy combo

May 18, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #5 of 6
If that is the case, than maybe Creative EP-635 can fit your need. It isn't as good as those azncookiecutter recommended, but it do sound decent for its price.

May 18, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 6
the creative ep-635 are the neck lanyard version of the ep-630. it has a shorter cord though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back