decent ampless iems for under 100?
Feb 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Xozz

Head-Fier
So I tried searching but I couldn't really find any conclusive results in my price range. Short story long, I'm looking for a nice pair of iems which I could drive directly from my ipod classic. Price ceiling is 100 bucks, but if theres anything around the 60-70 dollar range that would be even more delicious. Sound signature isn't a huge issue,but I guess I'm kinda looking for a sennheisery kinda freq response...anything works though as long as its clear and bass isn't bloated. Thanks!

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 9
I always liked the Ety ER6s.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 9
Despite owing pricier IEMs, I find the AKG330s in my pocket most often than most.

Their story is a success one, because:

They offer a bassy, mild sound that lets me enjoy most of my music. At the same time their mids are pretty nice and the treble extension fair (especially considering price).

Light and easy to use, I dont really enjoy fiddling with my ears ia a full bus.

If they break I can always get another pair. I can't say the same about the CK10s...

Good isolation if fitted right, not too much so that I cant hear anything at all when commuting.

Vitals are not heard as in other iems (the etys for example).

My recommendation in your price range...

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 9
I really miss my Apple Dual Driver IEMs. They had a clear sound in every aspect, while providing a warmer vibe to them and great instrument separation. They also held up amazing considering the stuff I put them through.

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 9
Well, the RE-ZERO are very clear and the bass is incredibly tight. For $100 I think they're a steal, or you can go for their little brother the RE0 at $80. Supposedly the main difference is in the mids, but the mids are what I like most about the RE-ZERO, so...

Possibly also look into the Sunrise SW-Xcape? Haven't heard them but they seem to be a slightly warmer version of the RE0/ZERO.

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Well, the RE-ZERO are very clear and the bass is incredibly tight. For $100 I think they're a steal, or you can go for their little brother the RE0 at $80. Supposedly the main difference is in the mids, but the mids are what I like most about the RE-ZERO, so...

Possibly also look into the Sunrise SW-Xcape? Haven't heard them but they seem to be a slightly warmer version of the RE0/ZERO.

I'm actually really interested in the RE-ZEROS, but I can't find where to order them. Are they still in production?

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
I'm actually really interested in the RE-ZEROS, but I can't find where to order them. Are they still in production?

Here ya go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 9
http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=89

For me it was $10 shipping from China, took about two weeks. Arrived the day before I was about to leave the country for a month, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back