December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore
Dec 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #107 of 141
Where is the CEntrance hifi m8 booth?...

I believe you will find the CEntrance hifi m8 at the Abyss counter. I assume it will also be at one of the other Jaben booths.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #112 of 141
just got from the mook...it was a sound revealing experience...most of the stuff are great but it all boils down to sound preference...

my stuff...as signed by the legend...

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #113 of 141
  just got from the mook...it was a sound revealing experience...most of the stuff are great but it all boils down to sound preference...

my stuff...as signed by the legend...

Wow. He sure is generous to put signatures on products not from him. I think some people would only sign for their own products. Well, gears impressions!!?

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #115 of 141

Wow. He sure is generous to put signatures on products not from him. I think some people would only sign for their own products. Well, gears impressions!!?

A very nice gentleman...very approachable...never taught twice signing my stuff...a lot followed after he signed mine...
For the gears - i spent more time with the IEM's...

1. Nothing beats JHA- Roxanne...in sound and built quality...its definitely top notch!...i enjoyed every music i played with it...just coming out of my iphone and ipod. from classical (Nocturne for Violin in C#minor), classic rock (Credence Clearwater Revival - Green River). Norah Jones' what m i to you?, XX's Intro, Metallica's Nothing else Matters, Chevelle's Closure, etc...make's me like i wanna buy it on the spot...music will never sound the same...

2. FitEar comes next...but not even close to the JHA-Roxanne...sound is more foreward...some song's don't pair well with it...not well controlled...some songs tend to have more treble and sibilant at times...built quality of the monitor imo is ok, but the cables look and feel mediocre...

3. Westone Adventure - very lightweight, SQ-wise, comes close to FitEar, sounds a lttle warmer though.

I dont get to remember those IEMs that didnt leave much impression on me.

The AK's are definitely sound champions - but i still cant justify the price tag...given other players offer more or less the same esp. paired with a great amp.(jst mho)...

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #116 of 141
  A very nice gentleman...very approachable...never taught twice signing my stuff...a lot followed after he signed mine...
For the gears - i spent more time with the IEM's...

1. Nothing beats JHA- Roxanne...in sound and built quality...its definitely top notch!...i enjoyed every music i played with it...just coming out of my iphone and ipod. from classical (Nocturne for Violin in C#minor), classic rock (Credence Clearwater Revival - Green River). Norah Jones' what m i to you?, XX's Intro, Metallica's Nothing else Matters, Chevelle's Closure, etc...make's me like i wanna buy it on the spot...music will never sound the same...

2. FitEar comes next...but not even close to the JHA-Roxanne...sound is more foreward...some song's don't pair well with it...not well controlled...some songs tend to have more treble and sibilant at times...built quality of the monitor imo is ok, but the cables look and feel mediocre...

3. Westone Adventure - very lightweight, SQ-wise, comes close to FitEar, sounds a lttle warmer though.

I dont get to remember those IEMs that didnt leave much impression on me.

The AK's are definitely sound champions - but i still cant justify the price tag...given other players offer more or less the same esp. paired with a great amp.(jst mho)...

1. Makes me wonder.. Oh ya, did you compare Roxanne with JH13/16Pro?

2. Any love for Final Audio?

3. AK does shine with some amps. Basically they're like listening to line out. It's just that it'd be better if there's HM901 (same dual DAC concept) to compare.

Thanks for the impressions! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #117 of 141
well to be honest,

i felt that JHA's product line was never meant for enjoying music the way we do. Their main target audience (or potential clients) are performing musicians, due to the nature of it's tuning. Hence, JHA demands raw sources to really hear it's full potential. However, i feel that the Roxanne was JH's new tuning to appeal to clients who wants to enjoy music more than actual monitoring.

And as for Fitear, it was never really much about being a pure monitoring equipment. but rather, it balances itself between enjoyment and monitoring sound signature (more bias towards enjoyment), and hence the slight coloured signature of the Fitear Series.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #118 of 141

1. Makes me wonder.. Oh ya, did you compare Roxanne with JH13/16Pro?

2. Any love for Final Audio?

3. AK does shine with some amps. Basically they're like listening to line out. It's just that it'd be better if there's HM901 (same dual DAC concept) to compare.

Thanks for the impressions! 
smily_headphones1.gif

1. Yeah, i auditioned with both 13/16 before. i enjoyed both as well. Not as much as the Roxanne's though. But both are at par with the Roxanne. Again, It depends on sound preference. 13 to me is audiophonically perfect in all aspect- well controlled. If you wanted more bass then u have the 16 with all the great feature of the 13. If you want control of sound output esp. bass then Roxanne is the way to go. 

2. Final Audio - never had the chance to try it yet. 'hope to be able to try it later today. 

3. I totally agree with you man. i havnt seen any HM901 though. or probably im not looking hard enough.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #119 of 141
  well to be honest,

i felt that JHA's product line was never meant for enjoying music the way we do. Their main target audience (or potential clients) are performing musicians, due to the nature of it's tuning. Hence, JHA demands raw sources to really hear it's full potential. However, i feel that the Roxanne was JH's new tuning to appeal to clients who wants to enjoy music more than actual monitoring.

And as for Fitear, it was never really much about being a pure monitoring equipment. but rather, it balances itself between enjoyment and monitoring sound signature (more bias towards enjoyment), and hence the slight coloured signature of the Fitear Series.

I agree with you man, but it doesnt mean we are less entitled of such a product. Moreover, to enjoy music at its best. In the end, its not the musician whose the judge of the music themselves but people like us - who enjoy the music the way we do.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #120 of 141
Looks like an awesome event. Think i'll pop down on Sunday. May bring my HD800 to sample the gear with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back