December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore
Dec 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #136 of 141
Hi DrRuss,  
                  can I get a sense of how colored the SRH1540 is? Is it similar to say the audio tech ad-series? (Ad1000x) and the w3000anv even? Also any idea about the pricing at the event ? Thanks man!

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #137 of 141
A&K: can someone try to get some secret infos about the next AK200 (or what ever to be called).  

--> Try to offer to an A&K employee some large beer and get him to speak ! 
evil_smiley.gif

Have seen and tried the prototype personally. But I will respect AK's stand and keep it to myself untill they decide to unveil it to the public.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #138 of 141

Have seen and tried the prototype personally. But I will respect AK's stand and keep it to myself untill they decide to unveil it to the public.

any info on release date ?  real line-out ? 

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #139 of 141
Dropped by the event today and I'm glad I did.

Got to try out the headphone that has been getting a lot of hype here on head-fi lately; aka Mr Speakers Alpha Dog. Overall, I was impressed with the overall coherency of the sound. It sounded very open and spacious for a closed can. Midrange and highs were also very smooth and clear which is typical of a planner headphone. Unfortunately, the set up at the show was sub-par and could not drive the headphones to its full potential.

I was also very impressed with the Abyss headphones. Best in show IMO. It combines the best qualities of the LCD-3 and HD800. The bass is just so good - clean, deep, tight and punchy. Simply fantastic. Wasn't too impressed with the design and finish though. Seemed more like a 'prototype' build to me. All in all, really impressed with the Abyss but at S$7,500 a pair, it aren't happening.

Another surprise for me was the MASS-Kobo custom build amplifier: Model 394 (www.masskobo.com). Plugged in my HD800 and was blown away. It sounds like an amp made for studio monitoring. Very clean, neutral and precise, with excellent control of the bass. Great synergy with the HD800.

Shout out to Jerry Harvey. Great guy. Took the time to meet with the fans and chat about his products and anything under the sun. Signing autographs and all. Its great to see him standing behind his brand and coming all the way out here to meet the fans. Throughout the show, it was evident that JH Audio was the most popular booth - fans wanting to meet with Jerry and to try out the new flagship Roxanne IEM.

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #140 of 141
  Hi DrRuss,  
                  can I get a sense of how colored the SRH1540 is? Is it similar to say the audio tech ad-series? (Ad1000x) and the w3000anv even? Also any idea about the pricing at the event ? Thanks man!

yeah, comparable man. the shure is slightlly bright though...if not mistaken, about 699sgd. i jst dont remember if it comes with a bundle.

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #141 of 141
http://www.head-fi.org/t/695249/mook-headphone-festival-dec-2013-singapore#post_10068205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back