Death Metal Discussion
May 7, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #106 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by nff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anybody listen to SYL? *strapping young lad* or maybe devin townsend band? zimmers hole?

Alien is a really cool CD. I really didnt like the New Black or any of his solo stuff.

May 7, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #107 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alien is a really cool CD. I really didnt like the New Black or any of his solo stuff.

You should check out SYL's album City if you haven't already, it's definitely their best, and is probably the most intense music I own. Great stuff.

May 7, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #108 of 650
indeed. but zto is just a fun album terria is said to be his best solo album. and indeed city is the crazyist of the bunch lol "OMG"

May 7, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #109 of 650
Agreed, doesn't really belong in this thread but I think I'd go so far as to say Terria is one of my desert island discs, I could listen forever.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #110 of 650
also agreed. so nobody knows the greatness of the "hole"? i mean seriously
"when you were shouting at the devil....we were in league with Satan" is gota be one of the best metal albums of the year.

May 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #112 of 650
ah just be warned the other albums "bound by fire " and "leigeon of flames" are mostly rude humor.

but you can find a couple songs on their myspace.. oh btw zh is 3/4 syl its got jed byron and gene in it.

May 8, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #113 of 650
Checking out my CDs by Death (the group) and they are truely great examples of the genre......the only real weakness is that the vocals were limited in what they did, very little distortion ability and small dynamic range.

But musically they are great for me, not super fast tempos so speed freaks may get a little bored, but sound great overall and stand the test of time with thier quality after many repeated listenings especially with good headphones that allow you to hear deep into the mix.

Last 4 albums are just essential death metal for me:
-individual thought patterns
-human
-symbolic
-sound of persaverance

May 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #114 of 650
1. Demilich - Nespithe
2. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
3. At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
4. Gorguts - Obscura
5. Molested - Blod-draum

My favorite death metal albums. Autopsy is just brilliant. Like Black Sabbath transmogrified into death metal.

May 8, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #115 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Demilich - Nespithe
2. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
3. At the Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
4. Gorguts - Obscura
5. Molested - Blod-draum

My favorite death metal albums. Autopsy is just brilliant. Like Black Sabbath transmogrified into death metal.

I checked out Autopsy.........yes!
Ordered two albums used at Amazon, like the vocal treatment (better than Death) and also the music style

May 8, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #116 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Checking out my CDs by Death (the group) and they are truely great examples of the genre......the only real weakness is that the vocals were limited in what they did, very little distortion ability and small dynamic range.

But musically they are great for me, not super fast tempos so speed freaks may get a little bored, but sound great overall and stand the test of time with thier quality after many repeated listenings especially with good headphones that allow you to hear deep into the mix.

Last 4 albums are just essential death metal for me:
-individual thought patterns
-human
-symbolic
-sound of persaverance

death started the genre so of course there good. and plus the drummer is Gene Hoglan i mean he is like the godfather of thrash/death

May 8, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #117 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by hayste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should check out SYL's album City if you haven't already, it's definitely their best, and is probably the most intense music I own. Great stuff.

I saw them on the City tour in a small venue and it was definitely the loudest and heaviest gig I have ever seen. Went out and bought proper ear plugs the next day, as they hurt!!!

May 10, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #118 of 650
Happened upon this thread late... Did anyone mention Amon Amarth? Norwegian Melodic Death Metal... about Vikings!

I'd recommend their albums Fate of Norns, Versus the World and With Oden on our Side.

May 11, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #119 of 650
^ Nice avatar, Moogoob!

Opeth is my favorite band, not really sure if you can call them pure DM.

As for more traditional DM, I like Bloodbath, Nile, Decapitated, Behemoth, Psycroptic, Necrophagist, Arsis, Anata, Gojira.

I just came across a tech death band called Behold...The Arctopus who are pretty insane. Completely instrumental.

Been listening to some more black metal lately: Wolves in the Throne Room, Weakling, Emperor...

Listen on my Atrio M8's and it sounds great!

May 12, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #120 of 650
I have these bands in my cdp @ the moment. Not all death metal, but metal all the same.

Acid Bath - When the kite string pops
Nile - In their darkened shrines
Today is the day - in the eyes of god
The Project Hate - Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate
Cephalic Carnage - Xenosapien

Good mix and loving every distorted minute of it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back