Death Metal Discussion
Apr 23, 2008 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 650

HisoKa

New Head-Fier
hi everyone!

since im new here, just thought i'll put up a new thread to bring around all metalheads together..

i intend to start discussion in realtion to metal (maintly death metal) and what sort of bands you are listening to, gears u used..? maybe some opinions on wht typs of cans u think is best?

some people want closed bass heavy sounds for metal while i prefer a good sound separation, wide soundstage, and accurate reproduction so that i can focus on each instruments inside the songs... would like to hear from you all!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read this? http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/dar...-part-v-93206/

i have scrolled through some of the pages.. but it looks like the thread is mainly on music discussion (eg. talking about what bands are good etc..) the purpose of my thread is just for people who listen to metal to drop and discuss on what sort of metal band they listen to, and what sort of gears they use (do they think it's the best combination, or maybe they think some other gears are better matched with their music? why? etc..) so mainly about the music and the gear itself..
smily_headphones1.gif

oh.. and also.. anyone here can give some opinion on what metal band / song that they think is the most demanding for headphones / amp / other gear setup cuz i think that will be interesting!

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by HisoKa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh.. and also.. anyone here can give some opinion on what metal band / song that they think is the most demanding for headphones / amp / other gear setup cuz i think that will be interesting!

I won't use headphones that don't sound good playing Sunn O)))'s "Richard".

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #6 of 650
I'm a big fan of death metal myself. Im currently listening to Beneath the Massacre's Mechanics of Dysfunction album, and I can safely say the musicianship and production of this album are absolutely unmatched throughout the entire genre of death metal. Its a MUST listen. I listen to it through my portable rig (as seen in my sig), and the sound quality is awesome. Lightning fast double bass, but not a bit of mud or blur to the bass, just clear kick drums, and sweeping arpeggios on guitar, but always self-harmonized and very well articulated. This album is a must for death metal fans.

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 650
Huge deathmetal fan here, though I havent found anything interesting lately. My Grado RS1 is my main death metal headphone, though Ultrasone Proline 750 finds its way on my head from time to time. Both are good for different reasons.

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #9 of 650
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First CD of DM I heard was Dusk... And Her Embrace by Cradle of Filth. Was absolutely gobsmacked by the quality of the music. Gave up with them by the time Midian came along in 2000, but by then I was listening to the likes of Dimmu Borgir (who even had Cradle's drummer for a while).

Sorry to be a genre ******, but Cradle Of Filth isnt death metal, its heavily black metal influenced Extreme Goth metal. Dimmu is (or was by elitists) symphonic black metal. [Genre ****** mode off]
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 650
I've been into death metal for a few years now, great stuff. Now, I know it will come as a surprise, but I listen to all my metal through my Sennheiser HD 555 and my Shure e3c.

Just got back into some brutal death metal. Suffocation, Blood Red Throne, Bloodbath, etc.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 650
Quote:

Now, I know it will come as a surprise, but I listen to all my metal through my Sennheiser HD 555

eek.gif

Now Sennheiser + black metal, thats a great match, but with DM... That IS an interesting surprise.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 650
ha ha, I know. Saving up for those Grados as we speak.

Apr 23, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #13 of 650
I like Senn 650/Zu Mobius for dark metal........AKG K701 is too sharp and detailed, a bit unforgiving for this distortion rich genre.
K701 much better suited for classical........

There are more than a few dark metal disciples here at Head-Fi as Darkest Desires thread has been going for many years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back