Dear Audiophiles! Please Show Me Something Other Than ATH-ESW10JPN...
Jan 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #31 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy now, sell W3 and IE8 right later.

FIFY
wink.gif

You'll know what to do after hearing the ESW10.

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #32 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but in this hobby, almost as good is never good enough. Beside the sound quality difference, there is the satisfaction of having something that is the best.

I agree with you and that's why I have purchased the Edition 9. It's harder on the wallet but at least you don't look behind after
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #33 of 76
After reading all your posts...ESW10 is really addicting...but the price is still pulling me off...also I cannot sell both IE8 and W3, it has to be one of them since I use IEM in the gym...I won't take ESW10 to the gym for sure...

...for ESW10...I will have to consider it...but for now, I am think of: ES7, HFI780 and the HD-25 1 II...

which one do you guys think will be a better choice?

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #34 of 76
What you said make perfect sense, but I hate you, and my wallet hate you too! just kidding...

By the way, what you think about the HFI780, hows the sound quality and build quality? is that portable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my friend, let me just tell you what you already know, it is no use to be in denial anymore.

You know you want a ESW10jpn.
You know the Esw10 sounds better than your Esw9.
You know you need a Esw10jpn.
You know you care about Limited Edition.
You know you are going to hate yourself when the Esw10 ran out.
For the difference of $200.00 between the 9 and the 10, that is not going to be enough to pay for a therapist to deal with your Esw10 complex. If you have all the top portable gears and not the esw10, you probably will need at least 10 sessions. Take my advise and just order one before it's gone. I am being unselfish here, because I actually wanted to order a second one for collection and sale later for profit.

Fyi, I just received mine yesterday and loved it right out of the box. For limited listening, I think I even like it better than my UE10 pro.
By the way, I also have a HFI780. I think the esw10 is more fun.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #35 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you should also strongly consider the Ultrasone PRO900, you can get them from northernsound for $344 and apparently they are as good as the Edition 9. If it's true, it's the deal of the century trust me !

I will purchase them later this month to see how they sound compared to my Edition 9 and ESW10JPN.

Cheers

Patrick

THis website has some super good deals on Ultrasones...so addicting...but Im not sure if I wanna spend that much money on Ultrasone yet...I never heard the S logic thing...maybe I will wait for your reviews first ^ ^

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #36 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell your W3 and IE8 and buy the ESW10JPN.

Haha I can only give up one of the two...either W3 or IE8...I will have to listen to IE8 first, then decide...

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #37 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha I can only give up one of the two...either W3 or IE8...I will have to listen to IE8 first, then decide...

dude multi-quote

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #38 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude multi-quote

At least contribute something to the topic in the same post when reprimanding someone for a form of spamming.

I think you should re-evaluate what you're using every headphone for, and whether it's really necessary, to help organize finances and BUY THAT ESW10!!!

Based on your info in your profile, I would personally sell the Bose and A8 for sure. You probably have use of the DR-50 with your phone, so I suppose that would stay. If you like your Westone 3s more than your Image, sell your Image. Then once you give your IE8 a fair chance, sell either the W3 or the IE8. If I really needed funds, I'd also sell that Vaio laptop of yours, considering you already have a MBP with Boot Camp, unless you like to game or something.

Also, although I don't really know how the ESW10s compare with full-size, home headphones, I would settle for "good enough" for my portable and really work on my home rig, because that's where the true listening and enjoyment lies, for me at least.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #39 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least contribute something to the topic in the same post when reprimanding someone for a form of spamming.

I think you should re-evaluate what you're using every headphone for, and whether it's really necessary, to help organize finances and BUY THAT ESW10!!!

OH my God, people are not helping!!! ESW10 is so damn expensive!

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #40 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bro it wasn't that serious. fyi i have already contributed to this topic check back a few pages.

anyways go with the senns man. live a little.
atsmile.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #41 of 76
Quote:

OH my God, people are not helping!!! ESW10 is so damn expensive!

I think that you should sell everything and just keep one pair of IEMs, one pair of full size headphones (you have purchased the D7000 right ?) for your home setup and one pair of semi-portable phones that you will use at your job and on the road (the ESW10 of course
wink.gif
)

Keep the rest of your money to purchase a good amp for your D7000.

Cheers

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #42 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that you should sell everything and just keep one pair of IEMs, one pair of full size headphones (you have purchased the D7000 right ?) for your home setup and one pair of semi-portable phones that you will use at your job and on the road (the ESW10 of course
wink.gif
)

Keep the rest of your money to purchase a good amp for your D7000.

Cheers

My friend, seriously, its easy in theory, but what is the one IEM I should keep...I have to listen to all interests and choose one, sale the others...same as everything else man...I hope I will end up with something that I will never regret...

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #43 of 76
Quote:

My friend, seriously, its easy in theory, but what is the one IEM I should keep...I have to listen to all interests and choose one, sale the others...same as everything else man...I hope I will end up with something that I will never regret...

The way I see it, it doesn't matter which IEM you decide to keep... say you sell the IE8, and end up deciding, "nah, I want it back"... that's an easy fix. In the process of buying back another used pair you will have only lost maybe $10-20 due to shipping, or by the time you do buy it back, the retail price will have dropped with time. IEM prices for IE8 and W3 are not going to be rising but dropping with time, so getting them back later shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Now, on the other hand, if you decide, "I want to get the ESW10JPN" a couple months later, you'll find that the price has jumped up to $625+. If you really don't like the ESW10JPN when you get them (I doubt that though), you will not be losing money by selling them as Mint condition. I dunno man, regardless of how much money the ESW10JPN cost, I see it more as an investment--- which was justification for me to get a pair.

Just get them now and save yourself the misery of paying for them at a higher price 2 weeks later.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #44 of 76
Quote:

I don't think that you will regret the ESW10 and the D7000.

Now sit down, flip a few switches, put your favorite headphones on your head & relax
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #45 of 76
I've been lurking for such a long time and I think it's the way that this website goes. Any new products come out, people just talk about them so very often, but after maybe a month or two....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back