Dear Audiophiles! Please Show Me Something Other Than ATH-ESW10JPN...
Jan 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #16 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for spending over 2 grand you don't have much to show for, you could have built yourself a great home rig. instead you have a collection of newbie gear. if you insist on getting another portable fone under 300, why not get the esw9 again.

I have a CAV home speaker studio in my house (my dad arranged it)...So I don't really need a home rig (im not always at home anyways)...I am just buying something for my college apartment~I can't get anything noisy...so open headphones are out~cannot get big AMP/DACs because they are hard to move around, I sometimes move from place to place (especially Apartment to work place)...so the most high end desk AMP/DACs are out...

So this is what I came up with Macbook Pro - Duet Apogee - RSA Mustang - Denon D7000/Westone/IE8/Portable headphone.

Very convenient, not noisy plus good music...
Even though it could be newbie staff as you would put it, but it really fits my situation.

Oh and the reason why I don't wanna get the ESW9 again is because I wanna try something else now, don't wanna stuck on one headphone...I might miss out what's best for me.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #17 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD-25 1 II?

I have seen it but never heard anything about it...seems like Senn's closed phones are not that popular...

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #18 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen it but never heard anything about it...seems like Senn's closed phones are not that popular...

They are work-horses and have been around a long time. They certainly have they fans. Listen to them first though they will be very different from the ESW9 you are so used too. If I wanted a headphone for rough handling this may be the one that I would get.

Sennheiser HD 25-1-II @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

0020080026_118.jpg

Jan 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #19 of 76
X2 on the HD25 one of the best smallish closed portables around. quite flat across the range and reasonable for DJ work. I would take them over the 780's

Jan 7, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #20 of 76
Quote:

IEM and portable closed cans are some what different, most of the time I prefer portable cans than IEMs (Generally Speaking)...however, IEMs are more convenient, detailed, comfortable and light...So I normally wanna keep at least one of each...
I know this might sound weird, I love my ESW9, however, I had to sell it because I originally planed to get a ESW10 and a Westone 3...however I ended up geting a Westone 3, IE8, Denon D7K, Duet Apogee and a RSA Mustang...thats why I will feel really sorry to my wallet if I add another ESW10...

daym dude you are bleeding money here. you are the epitome of sorry about your wallet. btw it is alot easier to just multi-quote lol.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 76
Well, my friend, let me just tell you what you already know, it is no use to be in denial anymore.

You know you want a ESW10jpn.
You know the Esw10 sounds better than your Esw9.
You know you need a Esw10jpn.
You know you care about Limited Edition.
You know you are going to hate yourself when the Esw10 ran out.
For the difference of $200.00 between the 9 and the 10, that is not going to be enough to pay for a therapist to deal with your Esw10 complex. If you have all the top portable gears and not the esw10, you probably will need at least 10 sessions. Take my advise and just order one before it's gone. I am being unselfish here, because I actually wanted to order a second one for collection and sale later for profit.

Fyi, I just received mine yesterday and loved it right out of the box. For limited listening, I think I even like it better than my UE10 pro.
By the way, I also have a HFI780. I think the esw10 is more fun.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #23 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jalo, stop that. That doesnt help. Now i want one too ><

Just give in, give in, give in, give in, give in, give in
L3000.gif
o2smile.gif

You know, the sooner the esw10 is gone, the sooner my limited edition will increase in value. Just surrender.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #24 of 76
I think you should also strongly consider the Ultrasone PRO900, you can get them from northernsound for $344 and apparently they are as good as the Edition 9. If it's true, it's the deal of the century trust me !

I will purchase them later this month to see how they sound compared to my Edition 9 and ESW10JPN.

Cheers

Patrick

Quote:

Hello everyone,

The ATH-ESW10JPN Appreciation Thread is driving me nuts these days, I really really want one but I don't want to spend that much money anymore, its crazy how much money I spent these days on sounding devices (comparing to my tiny income)...

I am searching for a closed portable headphone like ESW9-10...not IEMs...My budget is around $300...I already have a ESW9 and sold it recently because I was short of money to get a Westone 3, but still, I want to try something else now...

Please give me some suggestions on really good portable headphones cost around $300 or below guys...please save my wallet...

Thank you so much for any contributions...

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #26 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you should also strongly consider the Ultrasone PRO900, you can get them from northernsound for $344 and apparently they are as good as the Edition 9. If it's true, it's the deal of the century trust me !

I will purchase them later this month to see how they sound compared to my Edition 9 and ESW10JPN.

Cheers

Patrick

Don't make the same mistake as I did. After reading that long thread on HFI780, specially when HeadphoneAddict said the alohfi780 is 90% of the Edition 9, I purchased the alohfi780 and ever since I wish i had purchased the ed9. Not that the hfi780 is a bad phone, but in this hobby, almost as good is never good enough. Beside the sound quality difference, there is the satisfaction of having something that is the best. You won't regret the esw10, I guarantee it.
L3000.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #27 of 76
Quote:

Seriously my friend, if no one gives me any advice I know I wont resist myself to get a ESW10, I can afford it but I already spent around $2000 on sounding devices in the past month...so I just wanna save my wallet and get something similar...ESW10 is over priced because it is a limited edition...I don't care about limited edition...I just want a good sounding device...
Your advice cost too much my friend but thanks for the offer...kidding ^ ^

at 450 what I paid on ebay they are not over priced in reality for what they are. And considering there they are pretty unique for what niche they fill they are easily worth the cash. If price mattered that much then all iem's are overpriced since your paying double the price for lesser performance

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #28 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't make the same mistake as I did. After reading that long thread on HFI780, specially when HeadphoneAddict said the alohfi780 is 90% of the Edition 9, I purchased the alohfi780 and ever since I wish i had purchased the ed9. Not that the hfi780 is a bad phone, but in this hobby, almost as good is never good enough. Beside the sound quality difference, there is the satisfaction of having something that is the best. You won't regret the esw10, I guarantee it.
L3000.gif

Jalo, ask much as I like the recabled 780s I have to agree with you after everything is said and done with the 780s. I am sure I am one of those that got it all started with my surprising enjoyment of those with the Yamamoto HA-02 amp.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #30 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jalo, ask much as I like the recabled 780s I have to agree with you after everything is said and done with the 780s. I am sure I am one of those that got it all started with my surprising enjoyment of those with the Yamamoto HA-02 amp.

So you are the one to blame huh
wink.gif
I spent $600.00 on the recable Alo-hfi 780 with Jena lab 18 when the ed9 was selling at $900.00 at the time. Now the ed9 costs about $1400.00. This will teach me a good lesson trying to be cheap. I am glad I did not repeat that mistake with the esw9 and 10 choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back