Dear Audiophiles! Please Show Me Something Other Than ATH-ESW10JPN...
Jan 7, 2009 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

Feather225

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

The ATH-ESW10JPN Appreciation Thread is driving me nuts these days, I really really want one but I don't want to spend that much money anymore, its crazy how much money I spent these days on sounding devices (comparing to my tiny income)...

I am searching for a closed portable headphone like ESW9-10...not IEMs...My budget is around $300...I already have a ESW9 and sold it recently because I was short of money to get a Westone 3, but still, I want to try something else now...

Please give me some suggestions on really good portable headphones cost around $300 or below guys...please save my wallet...

Thank you so much for any contributions...

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
deleted

Seriously my friend, if no one gives me any advice I know I wont resist myself to get a ESW10, I can afford it but I already spent around $2000 on sounding devices in the past month...so I just wanna save my wallet and get something similar...ESW10 is over priced because it is a limited edition...I don't care about limited edition...I just want a good sounding device...
Your advice cost too much my friend but thanks for the offer...kidding ^ ^

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously my friend, if no one gives me any advice I know I wont resist myself to get a ESW10, I can afford it but I already spent around $2000 on sounding devices in the past month...so I just wanna save my wallet and get something similar...ESW10 is over priced because it is a limited edition...I don't care about limited edition...I just want a good sounding device...

I was going to ask you why you needed a closed can if you are worried about your wallet and already have an IEM. Especially since you had to sell your closed cans to create funds for an IEM.

I realized that was not the kind of "Save your wallet" advice you were looking for.
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 76
i believe the audio technicas are the best as for as closed portable. i don't think you should have sold your esw9s my friend

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got a pair of ATH-ES7s, I'm enjoying them very much, using TF10s as my frame of reference. Maybe try out a nice pair of ATH-ES7s (real ones of course)? I'll probably be putting my ATH-ES7s up for sale once my ATH-ESW10JPNs arrive though.

Anyways, it was hard for me to justify getting the ESW10s, but honestly, I don't see it as $550 down the drain for a pair of cans. Most top-end cans have awesome resale value, and not to mention the fact that these are limited addition, you can definitely sell them for what you paid for if not more in the future. Buying and trying cans like TF10 or ESW9s will end up costing you some even if you resell, but I don't see that as the case for ESW10s.

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 76
The Creative Aurvana Live! (not the Aurvana or Aurvana DJ or other stuff, the Live!) is a good value at $70ish. The K181DJ is pretty nice at around $80 if you can get it at that price, but it has a strong clamp. ESW9 is great at around $220.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 76
Ummm...I was actually looking at Ultrasone HFI780...seems not bad...looks pretty solid too with the silver color...anyone have that one?

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #9 of 76
lol, I feel guilty now
wink.gif
I'm actually browsing in here because I'm looking at info for a good IEM lol. This hobby is going to be the end of my finances. I'll gladly trade you my Denon 1001's and some money for those IEM's you were showing me!

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #10 of 76
for spending over 2 grand you don't have much to show for, you could have built yourself a great home rig. instead you have a collection of newbie gear. if you insist on getting another portable fone under 300, why not get the esw9 again.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to ask you why you needed a closed can if you are worried about your wallet and already have an IEM. Especially since you had to sell your closed cans to create funds for an IEM.

I realized that was not the kind of "Save your wallet" advice you were looking for.
beerchug.gif

IEM and portable closed cans are some what different, most of the time I prefer portable cans than IEMs (Generally Speaking)...however, IEMs are more convenient, detailed, comfortable and light...So I normally wanna keep at least one of each...
I know this might sound weird, I love my ESW9, however, I had to sell it because I originally planed to get a ESW10 and a Westone 3...however I ended up geting a Westone 3, IE8, Denon D7K, Duet Apogee and a RSA Mustang...thats why I will feel really sorry to my wallet if I add another ESW10...

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #12 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i believe the audio technicas are the best as for as closed portable. i don't think you should have sold your esw9s my friend

I know it is the second best portable...
I sold it to fund a general upgrade...which supposed to be Image x10 - W3, ESW9 - ESW10 and SR225 - Denon D7k...however, during the process I ended up geting a W3 and IE8, and D7k+Duet Apogee+Mustang...So I missed out ESW10...which will cost me another $550...I want to pass it but still don't wanna go back to ESW9 since I already enjoyed it for a few months...

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #13 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of ATH-ES7s, I'm enjoying them very much, using TF10s as my frame of reference. Maybe try out a nice pair of ATH-ES7s (real ones of course)? I'll probably be putting my ATH-ES7s up for sale once my ATH-ESW10JPNs arrive though.

Anyways, it was hard for me to justify getting the ESW10s, but honestly, I don't see it as $550 down the drain for a pair of cans. Most top-end cans have awesome resale value, and not to mention the fact that these are limited addition, you can definitely sell them for what you paid for if not more in the future. Buying and trying cans like TF10 or ESW9s will end up costing you some even if you resell, but I don't see that as the case for ESW10s.

Man you are tempting me again, not cool hey, $550 is not a joke my friend...that actaully worth a laptop (cheap one)~lol~but you made your point...Thanks for helping...I was looking at ES7...but seems a lil below budget...how is ES7 compared to ESW9 in terms of SQ?

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #14 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle Shepard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, I feel guilty now
wink.gif
I'm actually browsing in here because I'm looking at info for a good IEM lol. This hobby is going to be the end of my finances. I'll gladly trade you my Denon 1001's and some money for those IEM's you were showing me!

Haha, my friend, I think I have got some really good IEMs right now...you should come and listen to them sometimes lol... Ummm, but I don't think I need a full can right now since I already ordered a Denon D7000...when everything gets here, I will let you know and you can come and listen if you want ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back