Deal Alert: Sennheiser IE8 for $228 at eCost
Oct 4, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seemed to recall the name eCost, so went to Resellerratings and found: 98 customers of the last 6 months reported dissatisfaction...it gave them a 1.15 rating out of 5, which is definitely in the lock up your CC and wallet range. ...........just like on eBay - I always take a solid look at a sellers' history before I risk losing my money online.

I won't generalize to say that eCost is a bad merchant, but I have only had one experience with them and it was hugely negative - I bought a set of Shure SE530s for a fairly good price, and they spent two weeks pulling my nose about shipping them to me (with the Paypal payment pending the entire time), then canceled my order and it took over a month for them to cancel the paypal transaction. It also took at least 5 phone calls to their CS before some straight up told me that they didn't ship them to anyone because the price had been to low.

Edit: really hope this doesn't happen to you guys, though. Stellar deal.

Oct 4, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #17 of 36
Hm, interesting. I hope things work out.
I've read some non-negative things about them around the internet, so I figured why not. If there's a problem, I can always argue about them with the card company.

Oct 4, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 36
squid+ - Did you pay by CC? or by Paypal? It seems like people have more problems dealing with paypal on ecost

I'm getting close to pull the trigger on this, but the ratings is holding me back from it...
frown.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerketi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
squid+ - Did you pay by CC? or by Paypal? It seems like people have more problems dealing with paypal on ecost

I'm getting close to pull the trigger on this, but the ratings is holding me back from it...
frown.gif

Yep, I went with CC. I figured that if problems did arise, it would be easier to deal with my card company vs dealing with Paypal.

Oct 4, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #21 of 36
eCost is one of the worse company I have dealt with. I ordered a harddrive a while back. It did not work. It doesn't come with warranty nor were they willing to take it back. Most of the time they just ignore my email.

I highly recommend AGAINST this place to buy anything at all.

Oct 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #22 of 36
wow, thats cheapest i seen, at this price point, i will consider getting 2nd pair

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #23 of 36
Its right now 10:27pm Sunday EDT. About 4 hours left on the deal, and 4 units left in stock.

I also recommend going through cc method instead of Paypal. Its a mess to go through paypal with them. I have bought several items from them, and so far had no problems. (3 items using CC method, and 1 item using paypal method). Paypal method takes a while to click in with them (which means about 2-3 days of delay).

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeScripted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its right now 10:27pm Sunday EDT. About 4 hours left on the deal, and 4 units left in stock.

How do you know how many are left in stock? It's not on the page anywhere.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #25 of 36
All I did is log into my account, and then I added the ie8 to the cart in the check out mode, and updated the quantity for 99 units. It gave me a message letting me know that there are 4 units left in stock.

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #26 of 36
Just did it again, and looks like there are 2 units left in stock and 3 hours left for the deal to end:

Here is the message I got when I added 99 units.

"Sorry, this item has only 2 unit(s) in stock and cannot be backordered at this time"

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeScripted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just did it again, and looks like there are 2 units left in stock and 3 hours left for the deal to end:

Here is the message I got when I added 99 units.

"Sorry, this item has only 2 unit(s) in stock and cannot be backordered at this time"

Because I just ordered one.
wink_face.gif

Can someone show me where to find the list of Sennheiser's authorized on-line dealer? I only found the local dealers. Thanks!

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #29 of 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back