DEAL ALERT - Sansa Clip 8GB $49
Feb 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #108 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The most current firmware revision does. That's all I have on mine.

Does it come with that firmware on it? I have V02.01.13A but no FLAC files are coming up on the player when I put them on

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #109 of 225
Nevermind, I went and downloaded V02.01.32A and FLAC works now
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #110 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by npcraig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nevermind, I went and downloaded V02.01.32A and FLAC works now
smily_headphones1.gif

Isn't it awesome? No software, no media tie-in needed...just drag over files (I am assuming it uses a Band folder, Album folder, song files structure 'cause that's what I did) and you're good to go. For $50, wow.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #111 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't it awesome? No software, no media tie-in needed...just drag over files (I am assuming it uses a Band folder, Album folder, song files structure 'cause that's what I did) and you're good to go. For $50, wow.

Yah seriously this is awesome, and it soooo tiny too. This is perfect.

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #113 of 225
I have one problem with the clip: in order for my computer to recognize the player I need to first put it in "hold mode" and then press the center button while connecting to the computer. Shouldn't it just connect without having to do these procedures? Anyone else having to do this?

Feb 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #114 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one problem with the clip: in order for my computer to recognize the player I need to first put it in "hold mode" and then press the center button while connecting to the computer. Shouldn't it just connect without having to do these procedures? Anyone else having to do this?

I don't have any problems with my PC recognizing my Clip. I use Media Monkey and set it to automatically sync when my Clip is connected to my PC, works great.

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #115 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try going to Settings>USB Mode> and check MSC then exit out and hook up to your computer. That worked for me running XP and after connecting to the USB cable the little pop-up window came up asking if I wanted to open with Windows Explorer.

For some reason the default was auto detect but that did not work.

Let us know what happens.

FYI My Walmart is sold out for a week now.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #117 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by bixby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try going to Settings>USB Mode> and check MSC then exit out and hook up to your computer.

It worked Bixby! Many thanks greatly appreciated. Odd that autodetect doesn't work.

Mar 1, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #119 of 225
This little player ROCKS! Wasn't expecting too much for $49, but it sounds GOOD! Great, no, but way better than I expected. Plus with the month of free Rhapsody I'm ripping a bunch of music I've been interested in but not interested enough to buy the CD. Figured I'd just enjoy it for what it is - Decent sounding, ultraportable, and best of all FREE music. Been using my Ety ER4-P's - kinda nasty at first, but use the custom eq and take the upper treble down a notch or two below flat for reasonable results.

Only bad part is the wife saw mine and wants one, and I'll probably buy another to play with FLAC files, so my $49 player will cost me $150...

gg

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #120 of 225
Quote:

Originally Posted by bixby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try going to Settings>USB Mode> and check MSC then exit out and hook up to your computer. That worked for me running XP and after connecting to the USB cable the little pop-up window came up asking if I wanted to open with Windows Explorer.

For some reason the default was auto detect but that did not work.

Let us know what happens.

FYI My Walmart is sold out for a week now.

Cool, thanks...I didn't have problems, but I never knew there was anything to adjust. Learned something today. BTW, I found this article on the subject which somewhat explains it:

The MSC mode of the USB stands for Media Storage Class mode and the MTP mode is Media Transport Protocol mode.

MSC mode will only work for MP3 files and WMA files without DRM (digital rights management). Essentially, MSC mode looks like a detachable hard drive to the computer. Many car audio players and home stereos that are compatible with MP3 players are expecting an MSC mode MP3 player for hooking up via USB. MSC mode may also support plain old data files.
MTP mode is for MP3 files and WMA files with DRM (digital rights management). These WMA music files with DRM including purchased downloads and (maybe) subscription music tracks require MTP to transfer and update the DRM licenses. MTP mode is required for use with subscription music services such as Yahoo Music Unlimited To Go, Rhapsody To Go, and Napster To Go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back