Deal Alert: Monster Turbines and a $25 amazon GC for $99.00.
Dec 31, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 8
oh yay now its like a cheap gift for an audiophile and you can use the gift card to buy a better than decent pair of IEMs =D

jk but if these sound anything like the "beats" by dr.dre, then still not worth it for me.

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 8
I thought that's the regular Turbine and not the new Pro?

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #4 of 8
Not the Pro version obviously... The Pros are supposed to be better than the standard Turbines in all facets.

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #6 of 8
You had me all excited for a second there, until the Amazon page loaded, and then it was just the Original Turbine.
O-well

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #7 of 8
Still very good IEMs for the money if you have a use for the $25 GC. I always thought $100 was the price point Monster should have hit with these. At $75 they beat out the S4 quite easily IMO.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Actually, I'm fairly interested in this deal, although I'd have to use some sort of overseas buying service to get them over to Australia. Do the Turbine's respond well to EQing, and would anyone know how they compare to the Audio Technica CKS70? (Which I would say is, huge soundstage, deep bass extension, horrible mid-bass 250khz hump, recessed and slightly grainy mids and highs, and slow - but fantastic with some time spent EQing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back