DEAL ALERT. MONSTER TURBINE $58.99
Nov 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #94 of 195
Nov 22, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #95 of 195
Got them in today... 2-day shipping turned into 1-day as they shipped out of Charlotte (I'm in SC).

Interestingly, the box shows the right-angle connector, but the actual pair have a straight connector.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with them for $60.

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #96 of 195

Quote:
Got them in today... 2-day shipping turned into 1-day as they shipped out of Charlotte (I'm in SC).

Interestingly, the box shows the right-angle connector, but the actual pair have a straight connector.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with them for $60.

contact monster, maybe they'll send you the updated version

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #98 of 195

Quote:
What deh beeepp I really wanted those L shaped connectors -.- are the cables thicker?H

there appears to only be two versions, L connector plus upgraded/beefier cables vs straight connector + thinner cables

when I was at my local bestbuy, on the shelves, there were only two boxes left and on was the newer one, the other the older, imagine if somebody bought the older version

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #103 of 195

Quote:
Yep, mine don't have the L shaped connector or new strain relief, even though it's shown on the box.  Think these might be refurbs?

I don't think so, but give monster a call, and if you ever get a live person on the phone, out of fear of a lawsuit, they might give you the updated ones (the ones that are SUPPOSED to be in the box, the ones the box represented) sorry if it sounds like I'm harsh on monster, but my experience w. their products and customer service haven been less than satisfactory

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/522562/monster-customer-support

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #104 of 195

Quote:
what kind of case are the monsters supposed to come in? the one i got isnt leather

I think the gold and coppers come w. the leather purse errr I mean case while the standard turbines come with some sort of fabric case

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #105 of 195

Quote:
Quote:
what kind of case are the monsters supposed to come in? the one i got isnt leather

I think the gold and coppers come w. the leather purse errr I mean case while the standard turbines come with some sort of fabric case

what about this from headphone.com? the cse in one of the pics is leather

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/monster-turbine.php?datafeed=avantlink&avad=10841_a1104775

kinda worried now unless they changed the case/pouch whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back