DEAL ALERT-Ipod 5 Generation $140
Aug 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy.com has Apple Refurbished 5th Generation (possibly 5.5 generation?) 80gb Ipod Video's for $140 shipped.

90 day warranty from Apple

This unit is Rockboxable.

Apple Black 80GB Generation 5 iPod Video, MA450LL/A-Refurbished - MA450LL/A - Buy.com

EDIT: Go to http://www.dealigg.com/story-Buy-com...-off-50-more-1 and receive $5 off your order bringing total cost to $135

Hi, Andy, the headline of your post is too attractive, I come across here from far away. But finally you said it is a refurbished one. I would like to say that the refurbished player can have any price.

Any way, thank you for your enthusiasm

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Andy, the headline of your post is too attractive, I come across here from far away. But finally you said it is a refurbished one. I would like to say that the refurbished player can have any price.

confused_face(1).gif
What?

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 101
Quote:

That was,.................confusing,...................
popcorn.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #7 of 101
Quote:

They don't even make these anymore so where would you expect to find one new?

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #8 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by emofruit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't even make these anymore so where would you expect to find one new?

Do they change something when they re-furbish them?...maybe use different parts?

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #9 of 101
My daughter bought a refurbished Nano (I know, I know...) and it was like new, not a scratch, not a fingerprint, you could not tell it from new. Battery life has been as new (her sister has identical Nano that was purchased new (I know, I know...) I have never come across anyone who has complained about a refurbished product from Apple.

I suspect Apple wants even their refurbished products to be top quality.

As a previous poster indicated, Apple has not offered this for well over a year. I was surprised to come across it and knowing that it is Rockboxable, I hit my homies on Headfi up with the information.

In my opinion, you can have world class sound with this unit by Rockboxing, then DIYmodding it. For $145 for the price of the unit plus caps, I think it's a no-brainer.

How much was the Red Wine again...?

EDIT: DAMN STRAIGHT I BOUGHT ONE!

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #11 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they're reconditioned by Apple, the casing is replaced and basically restored to the equivalent of a brand new look.

Correct. The battery is also replaced with new one.

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #12 of 101
Thanks for the heads up!
You just saved me some cash, mine should be here in about 3 days
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy.com has Apple Refurbished 5th Generation (possibly 5.5 generation?) 80gb Ipod Video's for $140 shipped.

90 day warranty from Apple

This unit is Rockboxable.

Apple Black 80GB Generation 5 iPod Video, MA450LL/A-Refurbished - MA450LL/A - Buy.com

EDIT: Go to Best Deal: Buy.com Coupon, Buy.com Coupon Codes, 5% off, $30 off Buy.com Coupons and Buy.com Promotion Codes and receive $5 off your order bringing total cost to $135

Aug 11, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #13 of 101
oh my, that's a really good deal. Thanks for the pointer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back