Deal Alert! Head-Direct RE0 $79 for Thanksgiving.
Nov 16, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #106 of 334
Just ordered for real (got my paypal issues sorted). What are you guys' experiences with how long they take to arrive?

BTW, I'm coming from the RE2, which I loved. But they are generally in bad repair, and I've been looking to upgrade to the RE0 for a while. So the RE2's are going on lawnmowing duty now
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #107 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered for real (got my paypal issues sorted). What are you guys' experiences with how long they take to arrive?

BTW, I'm coming from the RE2, which I loved. But they are generally in bad repair, and I've been looking to upgrade to the RE0 for a while. So the RE2's are going on lawnmowing duty now
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah, congratulations. Hard to think of a better upgrade from the RE2s.

As for all the negative comments; the RE0 is not for everyone. They are probably one of the least "popular" sounding IEMs in existence apart from maybe the new RE252, which I have not tried. They are, imho, not a good first step into hi-fi since they are not particularly user friendly and you won't be able to pick apart all the things they do so well coming from stock buds for at least a few weeks (unless you have musical training, maybe). Honestly, moving up a tier or three in audio equipment is best experienced in retrograde - just go back to stock buds after using the RE0 for a week or two and you will spot the difference. Whether the signature is right for you or not is a different story.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #108 of 334
Ordered on thursday, shipped friday, received today. I live in northern NJ, so not far for them to travel. Only had about 10 minutes with them.

The bass is more present than I expected, but I'm coming from ety hf5. Bass is muddy, expected more detail. Hoping for them to open up with burn in. I like the highs a lot, possibly more than etys. Vocals very recessed. Sounds good with my cmoyBB.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #109 of 334
Hi Head-Fi, first comment for me on this forum.
I'm also considering to buy these headphones, but I'm worried that the bass might not be enough for my taste. I'm exactly a basshead, but I'm hearing conflicting reports about bass quantity.

How will the bass on these compare to, say an AudioTechnica AD900? I already have an AD900, so that makes for easier comparing for me. I wouldn't mind a little more bass though, but I don't care if the sound signature of the RE0 is quite different from my AD900. I have read every review on the RE0 so far, but it's still hard to get a proper idea of what they will sound like.
I would be driving these IEMs directly from my iPod Touch (2nd gen).

I'm currently using a Sennheiser CX300 along with my iPod Touch, I only recently got my iPod Touch and I've had the CX300 for some time now. One of my main problems though, is that the CX300 is just way way too loud out of my iPod. That's one of the main reasons why I'm considering new headphones (I don't want attenuators, amplifier or a volume control to lower the volume, I want to keep it portable).
Before my iPod Touch I had a RockBoxed iPod 5.5G, but the HDD broke down. With the iPod the lowest volume was already a bit higher than I would have liked it to be when I'm in a completely silent environment. The iPod Touch though is, on its lower volume setting, louder than whatever volume I would have ever used my iPod. Not even when riding my bike. Which pretty much makes my iPod Touch useless if I want to listen to some music before I go to sleep and I just don't like my music that loud.

P.S. I'm really liking this forum so far, its just not making my choice any easier though
tongue_smile.gif
P.P.S. I live in the Netherlands, so I don't think an RMA would be easy if I don't like them.
P.P.P.S. English is not my native tongue, so just ask if I'm not completely clear.
P.P.P.P.S. I just like adding these post scripts
tongue_smile.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #111 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No specific advice or comment, Helmore, but your English is better than that of 90% of native English speakers on this site.

x2
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #112 of 334
The USPS website shows that my RE0 was "processed through the sort facility" in Little Rock, AR (a little over 500 miles away), yesterday morning at 1:00 am.

No other updates, so far, though... hope they come tomorrow!
biggrin.gif
At the very latest, they should be here by Wednesday.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #113 of 334
I like these. Seem like a deal to me for $79. A bit more comfortable than my E500's due to its smaller size. Matches up perfectly with Touch Gen 3, LOD from Head-direct, and Pico IMO. Not bad from a headphone too. Was going to get a Westone UM3x but after getting these, the price differential is just too much for me to return/buy a westone.

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #114 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, congratulations. Hard to think of a better upgrade from the RE2s.

As for all the negative comments; the RE0 is not for everyone. They are probably one of the least "popular" sounding IEMs in existence apart from maybe the new RE252, which I have not tried. They are, imho, not a good first step into hi-fi since they are not particularly user friendly and you won't be able to pick apart all the things they do so well coming from stock buds for at least a few weeks (unless you have musical training, maybe). Honestly, moving up a tier or three in audio equipment is best experienced in retrograde - just go back to stock buds after using the RE0 for a week or two and you will spot the difference. Whether the signature is right for you or not is a different story.

I's coming from the AKG K81's, Sony MDR-EX75's and Audio-Technica ATH-PRO5MS's.

Am I ready for the RE0's?
devil_face.gif
I'm trying to equalize my K81's but they just crackle all over the place when I get them where I want to. I mainly ordered them to taste a different sound signature.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #115 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I's coming from the AKG K81's, Sony MDR-EX75's and Audio-Technica ATH-PRO5MS's.

Am I ready for the RE0's?
devil_face.gif
I'm trying to equalize my K81's but they just crackle all over the place when I get them where I want to. I mainly ordered them to taste a different sound signature.

If you were trying to equalize the K81 for a flatter response then you're ready
tongue.gif
. Definitely a different sound sig for you - although the K81 are pretty competent all-around they really can't even come close to the detail and clarity of the RE0.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #117 of 334
Is it just me, or does noone who ordered them for $79 seem to like them?
Did they change the construction?
I think it is a little weird that possibly one of the best sounding IEMs gets so little appreciation here ... I hope that I won't be disappointed when they arrive, coming from Shure E4 :/

-taurui

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #118 of 334
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me, or does noone who ordered them for $79 seem to like them?
Did they change the construction?
I think it is a little weird that possibly one of the best sounding IEMs gets so little appreciation here ... I hope that I won't be disappointed when they arrive, coming from Shure E4 :/

-taurui

I ordered mine this past Friday and received it yesterday, so really fast shipping hopefully those ppl that got delays get taken care of soon. I thought I would throw my 2 cents in since I am comparing it to my SCL4(E4C) before deciding which one to keep.

Right out of the box I thought ClieOS's review was spot on, musical but neutral, quick bass with decent impact(bassheads need not apply). Plenty of detail and treble extension, smooth mids. I would say it is a better all arounder than the SCL4, the SCL4 mids are a little more forward and not sure about extension but I think SCL4 highs are emphasized a little more, SCL4 has less bass and the quality of the bass is worse too(bass was never a strong point to me for the SCL4 though.)

So I still really like my SCL4 and the RE0 is a slight step above it IMO in terms of overall sound, haven't decided which one to keep or if I will keep both it's barely been over a day since the RE0 came in, I've had the SCL4 for a long time.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #119 of 334
Thanks, I was a little worried there. Maybe it's just a fit-thing for most people. In my experience, it's a little difficult to insert IEMs the right way, and if you don't, the sound is obviously lacking.
Step above the E4? I'd be amazed if it were so. I loved mine!
Btw, I'm ordering them from germany. Will I have to expect custom fees?

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #120 of 334
Just bought a Fischer Audio Eterna & Fischer Audio Evolution but am thinking about ordering the RE0 as well because of the price. I'd also like to see how they compare. For more on the Fischer's check out my preview in the dedicated topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back