DEAL ALERT! HE-6 ($999)
May 13, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 12
I just called to order a pair, and the rep said the sale ends in a few hours! Gogogo!!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 12
Looks like I misses it. :frowning2:

May 14, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 12
No missed it!! I had it in my cart and went to checkout and the sale jumped back up!! Fudge, well I saved money anyways then. I think I'll get an LCD2 instead as they are more efficient.

May 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
If you're short on money and need something powerful, the Fiio E9 will drive it, albiet not to its full potential.

I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

Quote:
A vintage receiver (read old) can be had for under $100 and does drive the 6s fully.

I recently house-sat for a couple over about a month period. They had a Marantz 2230 that I loved with the Snell speakers connected to it. Would something like that work well with the HE-6? Or at least something from the same era?

May 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #11 of 12

I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

I recently house-sat for a couple over about a month period. They had a Marantz 2230 that I loved with the Snell speakers connected to it. Would something like that work well with the HE-6? Or at least something from the same era?

Yep. You'll need to get a speaker amp pigtail or remove the 1/4" jack and reterminate with spades/banana jacks. Hiflight does make a pigtail for purchase.

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #12 of 12
Yep. You'll need to get a speaker amp pigtail or remove the 1/4" jack and reterminate with spades/banana jacks. Hiflight does make a pigtail for purchase.
I haven't posted in a long time but I am trying to be more active when I run across deals. I am using a search engine that works great in uncovering audio/video deals. It is called Go Sales. eBay is selling HD 650s for $289 delivered. I bought a Beyerdynamic A20 headphone amp from Buydig for $319 and love it. It replaced a Schiit Asgard 2 I had and really sounds better. Also on eBay at Gear4less is the Focal Spirit One S for $75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back