DEAL ALERT - Audio Technica ATH-ES5 $45
Sep 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

shnitz

100+ Head-Fier
Cowboom.com is Best Buy's copy of woot.com, a website that has 1 deal per day.  They currently have the ES5, which seems to be AT's version of PX200.  For half the price, I'll bite.

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 11
Heck no, Best Buy warranties are never worth it, that is where they make their money.  Also, AT already gives you a 2 year warranty:

From http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/site/9b1da7946d7de4bf/index.html#hp
U.S. Headphones Two-year Limited Warranty
Selected Audio-Technica headphones (models ATH-A700, ATH-AD700, ATH-CK10, ATH-CK1, ATH-CK52, ATH-CK6, ATH-CK7, ATH-CK9, ATH-CKM50, ATH-CM700Ti, ATH-EC700, ATH-EM7 GM, ATH-ES3, ATH-ES7, ATH-ESW9A, ATH-EW9, ATH-FC700, ATH-ON3, ATH-PRO5MSA, ATH-PRO5VA, ATH-PRO700 SV, ATH-SQ5ABK, ATH-W5000 and Import Series models only) purchased in the U.S.A. are warranted for two years from date of purchase by Audio-Technica U.S., Inc. (A.T.U.S.) to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. In event of such defect, product will be repaired promptly without charge or, at our option, replaced with a new product of equal or superior value if delivered to A.T.U.S. or an Authorized Service Center, prepaid, together with the sales slip or other proof of purchase date. This warranty excludes defects due to normal wear, abuse, shipping damage, or failure to use product in accordance with instructions. This warranty is void in the event of unauthorized repair or modification, or removal or defacing of the product labeling.

For U.S. service return instructions and procedure please go to:
www.audio-technica.com/returninstructions.

Except to the extent precluded by applicable state law, A.T.U.S. will have no liability for any consequential, incidental, or special damages; any warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose expires when this warranty expires.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.

Outside the U.S.A., please contact your local dealer for warranty details.

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 11
i see. it's a bestbuy company. im grabbing one, and right now i'm diging reviews on this. surprise later.

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 11
ath-es5sv, sv stands for silver. this portable headphone is for asian market only, that's why we dont see them around in states. how did bestbuy get hands on them. clearence at AT? maybe, since these were released more than 5 years ago.

feed back from users are good for es5. they are rated on top sennheiser px200.

base on reviews, es5 is know for its good bass, deep and extend. sound stage is better than px200, and high end is sweet and good separation. now some say vocal is good and some say the oppsite. pics can be seen here - http://www.xici.net/u4957565/d26685855.htm and http://bbs.itime.cn/thread-26754-1-1.html

ES5they usually go for around $80~90. at $45 is really a steal.

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 11
update:
my total cost is less than $35 thanx to paypal pay later 90 days for promotion $10 credit. you can get that too, you will be asked at check out using paypal.

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 11
just received this. it sounds good without burn-in. drums, female vocal are very nice to listen to with. but rap songs are not that great compare to M50, however it's more enjoyable than my xb300.

problem comes in with fitting. it seats like  /   \  on my oversized head. so it sounds like a open can instead closed. but i figured i could put a spacer at the folding point to make it  \   / like.

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #8 of 11
lol thats why its for asian market :wink:

anyway thanks for the feedbacks

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #9 of 11
found a frequency graph off THG.RU(tom's hardware guide).
i put spacers(cut cable tie) at folding joint. was able to achieve 3 positions:
half open   a bit open   closed
   /   \             |   |          \   /
sounds different at different position, personally prefer a little bit open than closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back