dCS Bartok
Jul 2, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #916 of 2,064
You need a 2nd bartok then you won't need to carry it or buy a Rossini and use bartok in other setup :wink:
I thought of doing this in a way, by keeping my old Hugo TT2 in the other room, while Bartok in the main room. The issue was that I could not bring myself to listen to TT2 anymore, as I knew Bartok is just 10kg away, haha.

Jul 2, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #917 of 2,064
Fair point, haha. I asked Sennheiser dealer today if I could lift HE-1 to see if it is "transportable" and he agreed, haha. Reason for strength is young-ish age and the fact that I have a squat rack in my listening room, as can be seen on the pics I took of AB-1266 with my Bartok, haha.
Squatrack at home... I'm so jealous especially in these times

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #918 of 2,064
I haven't run across any online dealers that do that (there are no brick and mortar high end audio stores where I live, unfortunately)

Sending you a recommendation via PM.

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #919 of 2,064
Jul 5, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #920 of 2,064
I thought of doing this in a way, by keeping my old Hugo TT2 in the other room, while Bartok in the main room. The issue was that I could not bring myself to listen to TT2 anymore, as I knew Bartok is just 10kg away, haha.
Time for a vivaldi then :wink:

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #922 of 2,064
It’s frightening how many former DAVE owners are here 🤣

I wonder if anybody changed his Bartok for another DAC already. Or everybody is still happy?
And then you have to look at how many if those went for the Rossini

Jul 8, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #923 of 2,064
I wonder if anybody changed his Bartok for another DAC already. Or everybody is still happy?
I am planning to add Rossini or Vivaldi Master Clock soon, rather than upgrading to Rossini DAC. The reason being is that I still want to have my "main" unit to include an amp, so that I can listen with SS amp directly. If (or when) Rossini adds a headphone amp on its own, then I would consider upgrading. Some folks have upgraded to Vivaldi clock (over Rossini clock) so that they can feed an external reference clock (yes, a clock for your clock, haha).

Jul 8, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #925 of 2,064
@mammal what happend with your plan to have “all-in-one-box”? 🤣
The same goal still applies, I still require one "all-in-one-box" that can power my headphones (and I carry it around the house) :) What has somewhat sneaked in is the fact, that I realised I can add components around it, when I sit next to my audio rack, haha.

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #926 of 2,064
The same goal still applies, I still require one "all-in-one-box" that can power my headphones (and I carry it around the house) :) What has somewhat sneaked in is the fact, that I realised I can add components around it, when I sit next to my audio rack, haha.

Don't you need to power of all gear and then wait a while before they operating at its best?

"Temperature is an issue when it comes to the performance and stability of certain components when they are below their ideal temperature. This is especially true of the clock oscillator and certain parts of the output stage. These parts perform their best when at a constant and stable temperature.

Unlike a power amplifier your Bartók doesn’t generate a lot of heat, but it does have a very high thermal mass so it can take a very long time for internal temperatures to stabilize to the point that it’s in a state of equilibrium. Overall performance isn’t at its maximum level until the temperature of the unit has fully stabilized. Depending on the ambient conditions this process can take many, many hours.

Unfortunately, electricity isn’t free, nor is it in unlimited supply so there’s a real cost to leaving the unit fully powered-on all the time. Standby mode attempts to balance this by reducing the overall power consumption while allowing the operating temperature to remain close to normal operating levels. There’s still a warm-up time, but it’s greatly reduced when compared to a cold start."

https://dcs.community/t/standby-mode-or-switching-off-which-one-is-recommended-and-when/469

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #927 of 2,064
Don't you need to power of all gear and then wait a while before they operating at its best?

"Temperature is an issue when it comes to the performance and stability of certain components when they are below their ideal temperature. This is especially true of the clock oscillator and certain parts of the output stage. These parts perform their best when at a constant and stable temperature.

Unlike a power amplifier your Bartók doesn’t generate a lot of heat, but it does have a very high thermal mass so it can take a very long time for internal temperatures to stabilize to the point that it’s in a state of equilibrium. Overall performance isn’t at its maximum level until the temperature of the unit has fully stabilized. Depending on the ambient conditions this process can take many, many hours.

Unfortunately, electricity isn’t free, nor is it in unlimited supply so there’s a real cost to leaving the unit fully powered-on all the time. Standby mode attempts to balance this by reducing the overall power consumption while allowing the operating temperature to remain close to normal operating levels. There’s still a warm-up time, but it’s greatly reduced when compared to a cold start."

https://dcs.community/t/standby-mode-or-switching-off-which-one-is-recommended-and-when/469
When I swap rooms then I stick to that room for the whole day. So this temperature thing hasnt been an issue really.

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #928 of 2,064
When I swap rooms then I stick to that room for the whole day. So this temperature thing hasnt been an issue really

Sorry but why do want you change rooms every day, it doesn't make any sense to me with all that hassle?

Of course as long as you are happy everything is fine.

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #929 of 2,064
Sorry but why do want you change rooms every day, it doesn't make any sense to me with all that hassle?

Of course as long as you are happy everything is fine.
It's not that I want to change rooms, I am changing them due to external circumstances (who baby sits that day for example). While I am in a different room, I still want to listen to music :)

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #930 of 2,064
It's not that I want to change rooms, I am changing them due to external circumstances (who baby sits that day for example). While I am in a different room, I still want to listen to music :)
lol daddy of the year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back