DC meet
Mar 12, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
That supra is bigger than I thought it was going to be. Sounds like you guys had a blast! I guess Hirsch will have a whole lot of headroom gear in a few days
eek.gif

Heh. Fedex showed up yesterday. I had asked for the package to be delivered to the Management Office here, and when it was late the lady I talked to at Headroom said to refuse delivery, which I did. So, the box o' gear is on its way back to Montana, unopened.
frown.gif

Congrats Steve! Very considerate of the baby to wait until you had time to come over and listen to equipment
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2003 at 7:05 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
2) NEC transport: please tell us more. We want model numbers!
tongue.gif

Hirsch was using the 6XE, but the 3XP plus also has a digital coax out. (I think the 4XE has one too, but I can't remember for sure)

6XE: NEC multispin 6X External CD-Rom Drive, RCA Audio Connections (L+R), and a Digital Coax Out.
Internal Power supply, uses a detachable power cord, Caddy Loader.

3XP plus: NEC multispin 3X External CD-Rom Drive, No RCA Outs, Digital Coax Out, External Power Supply (12v wall wart), Top Loader

Mar 12, 2003 at 8:10 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
Andrzej, the "supra" is a big tube amp Hirsch bought off a guy who was selling them on eBay. More info on the amps, and Hirsch's specifically, can be found in these theads:
  1. Custom SET amp: pictures
  2. The mysterious EBAY AMP!
The NEC transport is just a NEC CD-ROM drive with play controls and a digital (and analog, actually) outputs. Lots of the NEC MultiSpin drives have these features and are supposed to be pretty good transports. Some other manufacturers' drives work as well -- you just need a digital-out and play controls and you're ready to go.

kerely

ahh, ok, I know what you're talking about now. I just never heard it called the supra. Ah well. . .

Now, about these NEC transports: are they expensive? How would an art + nec compare to a denon 370?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back