DC/MD/NoVa Meet Sunday, April 5th from 13:00 to 17:00 Arlington Central Library
Jan 21, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #61 of 216
I'll try and make some calls tomorrow afternoon. I didn't bother this weekend because I figured the hotels are all overwhelmed right now. I drove my wife down to a ball at the Press Club Sunday night and every hotel I drove by was a mad house. My work told everyone to telework from last Thursday through tomorrow.

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #62 of 216
Got my soha II working so i will bring it to the meet if we have it on the 31st after that i go to school

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #63 of 216
Just called the Holiday Inn at Ballston which has a fairly sizeable ballroom and they priced it at $800 for the whole day on a Saturday. If we had a sense of how many paying people we had at the meet it might be easier to try and peg what a "reasonable" rate would be...

Jan 23, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #64 of 216
wow, uhm, the residence inn in gaithersburg where I had my meet last fall was a LOT cheaper than that
wink.gif
, and not too far off the beaten path.

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #67 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if it's over 100, we should definitely have the meet in your townhouse.

bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by compton
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend. My wife had other plans for me.

I can't find a date, or a venue, so how can you have plans for a meet that by my meager standards does not exist yet?
tongue_smile.gif
LOL. all in fun.

Does anyone have any idea when and where?
confused_face.gif

I live in Leesburg Va. Maybe I can help in some way?

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #68 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Leesburg Va. Maybe I can help in some way?

Your library have a room to use? Essentially I can't find anything until March around here in Alexandria.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #69 of 216
I'm down for the 1/31 date. I'm in Alexandria and will travel wherever is reasonable. Unfortunately all I can bring are my 10 year old HD580's and my Ray Samuels Hornet.
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, any locals know where I can audition Beyerdnamics or AKGs (or even Sennheisers) around here?

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #70 of 216
The only weekend I'm now not going to be out of town I think is 2/7... On the plus side, if it's a smaller gathering I think I'd be able to host at my place

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #71 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your library have a room to use? Essentially I can't find anything until March around here in Alexandria.

I don't even know where the Leesburg library is
wink_face.gif

You guys really want to do something this Sunday?

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #73 of 216
I would like to do it this weekend. Probably won't happen but I am leaving for school until may next week.

Jan 27, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #75 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by Telix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, any locals know where I can audition Beyerdnamics or AKGs (or even Sennheisers) around here?

Sorry nope. I do everything online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back