DC Area Head-Fi Minimeet Impressions 05/07/2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #32 of 68
Driving. Driving. A little more driving 
tongue.gif

Maybe Monday. Hoping they'll have their impressions up shortly. Kind of a nice, quiet meet, relatively speaking. Room size comparable to what was at the Capital meet last year, only entirely headphones. And vendors galore!

There may be 1 or 2 of the expired products still available, for those who are interested in purchase 
wink.gif

But I still have high hopes for Black Widow. Talk more later.

May 23, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #36 of 68
Yep!

I wasn't sure I was supposed to say, but now that a half-dozen other people have mentioned it, the Gold is still up for sale - just a handful though. I got to hear it, and man is it sweet! It probably would have swept me right off my feet if it weren't for hoping the Black Widow will do something similarly good.

May 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #37 of 68
MrSpeakers still has the Gold and Crimson for sale as well. Too bad the Tungsten didn't make it to Canlanta.

May 24, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #38 of 68
  MrSpeakers still has the Gold and Crimson for sale as well. Too bad the Tungsten didn't make it to Canlanta.

Apparently it was broken - it is now fixed and heading back to their California tours.
Not sure it is encased in anything, which could explain how fragile it is. It was exposed in the pictures I saw of it from CanJam SoCal.

May 24, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #39 of 68
  Apparently it was broken - it is now fixed and heading back to their California tours.
Not sure it is encased in anything, which could explain how fragile it is. It was exposed in the pictures I saw of it from CanJam SoCal.

Yeah, they really should put it in a box of some kind, if only to protect people from dangerous voltages. We all know how important the amp is.
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #40 of 68
Just picked up a late model Denon D2000 that was reterminated with a balanced connector. I really like this headphone a lot, a slightly better tonality than the th-x00 for me, more even and coherent sounding. I cannot understand why denon stopped making this series of headphones.

May 25, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #42 of 68
Makes no sense to me either.

Was the brand more Fostex or Denon? Perhaps they wanted to consolidate under one brand? But then the sound changed dramatically. MassDrop made efforts to address this in the TH-X00, but I agree with you. Preference would be a Denon 5000 or 7000 series, which were still reasonable when newly made. Today, for a used and unsupported product, I have trouble to pay the high prices.

::

Different topic, where are we regarding a thread and information on CanMania. Would be nice to start to point people I meet (and vendors) to the thread.

May 26, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #43 of 68
Greetings from Gaithersburg, just stumbled into this thread hope I'm not intruding. I have a pair of the Dennon d2000 with the MarkL Mod. I have had them for several years and love them. I recently upgraded, but can't bring myself to sell them.

May 26, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #44 of 68
I'd love to join you all in your Denon/Fostex comparisons, surely to happen at the Summer meet. Alas my purpleheart will not be ready until after Summer.
But welcome @doc0075579! Hopefully you can make it down to Rockville, not that far south of you, for Canmania:

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/p3081.html

May 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #45 of 68
Greetings from Gaithersburg, just stumbled into this thread hope I'm not intruding. I have a pair of the Dennon d2000 with the MarkL Mod. I have had them for several years and love them. I recently upgraded, but can't bring myself to sell them.

Greetings fellow Gaithersburger, seems there are more than a few of us from that area now in this group.  I would love to check out your D2000's with the MarkL mod and compare them to my mostly stock ones.  Hope to see you at our local meets and at Canmania as @sheldaze mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back