DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM, George Mason Regional Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #212 of 297
You should stop by the MicroZOTL with those, I've been wanting to see how a 600 ohm headphone fares on the amp.

Certainly will.  I enjoyed the MicroZOTL at the CAF meetup last year when I got to audition it.  I have many more high Z cans now than I did then and curious to see how they are going to do out of different amps at this meet.  Was hoping to try the MicroZOTL here as well as a BHC which I'm hoping will also be there this weekend.

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #214 of 297

4 pin XLR.  I have a 4 pin xlr to 2.5mm TRRS adapter, but not a XLR to 1/4".  Though I may have the parts to make one in my basement.  I'll have to check that tonight.

I'll bring an adaptor then. I have 4-pin XLR to 1/4" phono, but they'll be hanging off the ends of my headphones.
I'll bring my 4-pin XLR to 1/8" adapter. I'd really like to hear the three closed planar headphones compared!

EDIT: To clarify, the connector on my portable CEntrance HiFi-Skyn is 3.5mm TRS. I'd like to use it to A-B-C the headphones, if possible.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #215 of 297
Ugh, no word about the bhse yet, so that might not be here on time, but the Stratus has shipped as of yesterday afternoon. Gonna be cutting it a bit close...

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #216 of 297
  Ugh, no word about the bhse yet, so that might not be here on time, but the Stratus has shipped as of yesterday afternoon. Gonna be cutting it a bit close...

If it's shipped ground, it probably won't make it to the meet...

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #217 of 297

If it's shipped ground, it probably won't make it to the meet...

It's scheduled for a Friday delivery, and I'm already scheduled to work from home that day, so I should be able to greet it at the door.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #218 of 297
  It's scheduled for a Friday delivery, and I'm already scheduled to work from home that day, so I should be able to greet it at the door.

Well, all I can say to that is: I'm glad my expectations for the carriers are low! Hopefully mine will arrive sometime this year.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #219 of 297
  I'll bring an adaptor then. I have 4-pin XLR to 1/4" phono, but they'll be hanging off the ends of my headphones.
I'll bring my 4-pin XLR to 1/8" adapter. I'd really like to hear the three closed planar headphones compared!

I'll also have a couple of 4-pin XLR to 1/4" adapter pigtails that can be swapped around. One of them has a right-angle 1/4" (for my Crack which has the headphone jack on the top plate) and the other has a straight 1/4".

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #222 of 297
  I made them. Markertek carries a good variety of connectors and cable, and most orders ship free.

You and Barry and Co. will need to teach a class or something, one of these days.
Do you think they'd mind solder irons at the library 
tongue.gif

I'll be sure to look your way if I forget to pack...

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #223 of 297
Hey guys.

I just moved up here from Florida at the beginning of the year. I actually just came on Head-Fi to check out some of the reviews, but I saw the local meet coming up and figured eh, why not?

I'm not super audiophile status, but it will be super awesome to check out what some real high end equipment is like. Is anyone bringing any in-ear devices? Not really sure how that would work. I'm also really curious if any of you would have some advice for me the day of. I hope to see you guys on Saturday.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back