DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Aug 6, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #377 of 412
You don't need to bring anything to attend. You can just come by and listen and chat with others.
Sure, but that wouldn't as fun for others. I have Focal Stellia, Elegia, and Bathys. I also have a FiiO K9 Pro (ESS), FiiO BTR5 (ESS). I could also bring a Bluesound Node X since it does have a headphone jack/amplifier.

The biggest issue for me, I work grave/PM shifts, where I get off at 7:30am. It's a matter if I'll oversleep from my nap to be attend, 8/

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #378 of 412
I’ll be there. I’ve consolidated to one portable setup: Mojo 2 + U12T. However, am looking to get back into over ears for at home use. See y’all at the meet.

Edit: nevermind, sorry, wife just told me we’ll be out of town for a wedding that weekend. Enjoy, everyone.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #380 of 412
Aug 19, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #381 of 412
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #382 of 412
Just popping in to say hi. Planning to show up around 12:30, maybe a bit earlier.

Will be bringing IEMs mostly, and maybe some headphones. I don’t know if what I have with headphones is much of any better or different enough from what’s being offered probably, but I have tons of IEMs.

We’ll see ✌🏻

Sep 30, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #383 of 412
I'm still in China but logged in to see how the latest meet went. Looks like a nice venue and a good selection of gear for all to check out! Not doing as much on the audiophile front but have been enjoying the Simgot EA500 IEMs I picked up recently for travel and casual listening!

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #384 of 412
Looks like the meet was a great one! Love seeing the pictures so if anyone has more that they want to share in the event thread, please do! (really liked the IEM table!). I intend to make it to the next one.

Speaking of, let's hope it's not quite as long till our next one, as it sounds like everyone was ready and excited to get out there in person, meet great people with similar interests, and as always, demo gear!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #385 of 412
Anyone else going to Capital AudioFest this weekend? HeadAmp will be there with their Grand Cayman estat amp, which I'm pretty keen on trying.

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #386 of 412
Anyone else going to Capital AudioFest this weekend? HeadAmp will be there with their Grand Cayman estat amp, which I'm pretty keen on trying.
Yea I'll be there with my daughter, checking out their new solid state amp.

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #387 of 412
Yea I'll be there with my daughter, checking out their new solid state amp.
I meant to get over there but then sadly life cropped up.

Did you/anyone get a chance to listen to the CFA3 and what did you think?

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #388 of 412

I did and it sounded good with the Susvara but I didn't listen to more than a few songs and these were convention conditions.

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #389 of 412

I did, I listened to Tungsten, hd650 and a few of my prototypes off of it. I enjoyed it a lot, but it didn't sound as good as the LTA z10e they had at CAF which I had just listened to before I tried the CFA3

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #390 of 412
I did, I listened to Tungsten, hd650 and a few of my prototypes off of it. I enjoyed it a lot, but it didn't sound as good as the LTA z10e they had at CAF which I had just listened to before I tried the CFA3
I did and it sounded good with the Susvara but I didn't listen to more than a few songs and these were convention conditions.
Thank you both for your feedback! Looking for an eventual progression of the GSX mini so the latest and greatest solid state from Headamp would of course be on the list. Looks like we'll be getting listening impressions soonish as looks like they are going to start fulfilling orders soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back