DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Nov 21, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #331 of 412
It was a lot of fun listening to the LCD-5, Expanse, Utopia 2022, and Susvaras for the first time. I've even put together a list of what gear I'm gonna buy next from attending!
I'm a huge LCD-5 fan (but all flagship headphones have their strengths and weaknesses). If you want to hear them again sometime feel free to PM me.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #332 of 412
I'm a huge LCD-5 fan (but all flagship headphones have their strengths and weaknesses). If you want to hear them again sometime feel free to PM me.
I might take you up on that offer. I heard the LCD-5 out of the GS-X mk2 and it was a little fatiguing after awhile so I suspect the GS-X Mini might work better in comparison. I did however adore the GS-X mk2 with the Susvara. I haven't heard the Orr + HYPSOS but I would love to since I'm considering getting Master 9, HE-9, GS-X mk2, or Oor+HYPSOS. I live out in the Ashburn, VA area if anyone wants to meetup for a beer and some music.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #333 of 412
Anyone thought of a DC event in 1H 2023?

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #339 of 412
Hey Everyone - I know this thread is DC-area focused, but I'm organizing a headphone meetup in Richmond, VA on February 25. Please let me know if anyone is interested in joining! Should have some cool gear to try out, thanks!

Feb 28, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #342 of 412
Do any folks in the DC area have ZMF Atriums or Calderas? I really want to hear them and see how they compare versus the VC. Hoping some Atrium Closed ends up at Capitol AudioFest.

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #344 of 412
Bumping the bump, would love to get something in this year other than Capital AudioFest. I know of a community space but it requires 6 months in advance for rental, so it would need to be in December 2023. Also, there is a fee associated with renting. For someone who has hosted an event, is that something that usually the organizer takes the hit on or is it collected from attendees?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #345 of 412
Where's the space? Is there parking close enough for loading and unloading. My guess is that you could probably get 10 or 20 people who would be willing to pay $5 or $10. I'd pick a date or dates and a price point and run it up the the flagpole. You can always say that the event depends on sufficient interest (or even advance payment).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back