DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Mar 19, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #301 of 412
Hi. I’m a two channel guy with a little interest in headphones. I also happen to have access to a space that will probably work for this and it would be neat to host. As long as you let me try your rigs! Glen Echo town hall event space. They have tables chairs bathrooms electrical outlets etc. Occupancy is probably 100? The good thing is that it’s basically free (I’ll pay the nominal fee and sponsor it). The bad is that you’re driving or it’s a bus ride from Friendship Heights Metro. If you want it, let me know a date and I’ll reserve it for you. I will need individuals to commit to cleanup and put away tables and chairs!
This is what I get for not reading all responses first -- of course I missed your offer before appealing for help :>

Thanks for offering to sponsor Glen Echo town hall on our behalf! I'll PM you shortly to discuss. Cheers,
--
kobi

Mar 19, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #302 of 412
Hi. I’m a two channel guy with a little interest in headphones. I also happen to have access to a space that will probably work for this and it would be neat to host. As long as you let me try your rigs! Glen Echo town hall event space. They have tables chairs bathrooms electrical outlets etc. Occupancy is probably 100? The good thing is that it’s basically free (I’ll pay the nominal fee and sponsor it). The bad is that you’re driving or it’s a bus ride from Friendship Heights Metro. If you want it, let me know a date and I’ll reserve it for you. I will need individuals to commit to cleanup and put away tables and chairs!
Wow... it sounds like a great space. I see that it is still available for the 30th of April. How much money do you need for a deposit? Can anyone rent it or must you be a resident of the Town of Glen Echo? I will commit to cleanup and takedown. Who else will help?

Mar 19, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #303 of 412
People who are bringing gear are likely to be driving. The location will work for many folks in Maryland and in Virginia.

Mar 19, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #304 of 412
I can help set up and breakdown.

Mar 19, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #305 of 412
Wow... it sounds like a great space. I see that it is still available for the 30th of April. How much money do you need for a deposit? Can anyone rent it or must you be a resident of the Town of Glen Echo? I will commit to cleanup and takedown. Who else will help?
Residents only. I’m a resident so I can rent it. I’ll handle the money. It’s practically free for me. All I need is a commitment for cleanup which should be just making sure tables and chairs are folded back up and put in their racks, any trash is thrown out, and the floor swept if needed. It should be easy. I’ll handle getting a key, opening up and locking at the end.

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #308 of 412
Save the date for a meetup: Saturday, April 30th, 10:00am, location TBD. Thanks to everyone who responded. We still don't have a location locked down, so please do reach out if you can offer space. Thanks.
Making this official: we're booked and confirmed at Glen Echo Town Hall on Saturday, April 30th, 11:00am to 4:00pm. I'll post info on parking and other logistics details closer to the event. Many thanks to Glen Echo resident @aaronhirsch for sponsoring the event on our behalf!

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #310 of 412
Making this official: we're booked and confirmed at Glen Echo Town Hall on Saturday, April 30th, 11:00am to 4:00pm. I'll post info on parking and other logistics details closer to the event. Many thanks to Glen Echo resident @aaronhirsch for sponsoring the event on our behalf!
Since the general planning has been done (date, time, and venue), I've created a new thread for discussion of this particular event:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dis...-glen-echo-town-hall-on-april-30-2022.962776/

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #311 of 412
Per the Glenn Echo Town Hall Website:

"No parking for events in the Town Hall parking lot until after 5 pm Monday-Friday and after 1 pm on Saturdays. Parking is available in the Clara Barton parking lot off Oxford Rd."

After gear drop off - there should be plenty of parking at the Clara Barton parking lot - it's quite large.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #312 of 412
Thanks for pointing this out, the post office has 1st dibs on parking in the lot for customers until they close at 1:00. However, there's plenty of street parking in the neighborhood immediately around the town hall. Otherwise the lot by Glen Echo park / Clara Barton House is huge and is two blocks away.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #314 of 412
I am still around and would be nice to see people again.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #315 of 412
I think that the main obstacle is finding a suitable (inexpensive) venue. August might be a good time frame, but anything is welcome.

In case anyone here is interested in going...

Join us for the first Texas Audio Roundup, hosted by Schiit & Emotiva, July 22 & 23, 2022 in Austin, Texas.

Here's all the info. Registration link is included here too:

https://www.head-fi.org/.../schiit-happened.../page-6175...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back