DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Mar 7, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #286 of 412
We have used libraries in the past. With all the setup and teardown, 3 hours seems a little too short, in my opinion.
Thought it might be. I'll poke around see if I can find a reasonably-priced space to rent for a morning. About how many people typically show up? Any special amenities beyond decent electric? (I guess bathrooms might be nice too.)

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #290 of 412
I'd also be interested, never been to one before. If it is going to be in a mansion then I'm not sure my hoopti ride would fit in. Perhaps someone could send a valet for me?

Mar 11, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #293 of 412
Let's commandeer a conference room at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in the name of national audio fidelity. It's metro accessible and close to Nando's Peri-Peri.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #294 of 412
Mar 15, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #298 of 412
I would be interested.

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #299 of 412
Hi. I’m a two channel guy with a little interest in headphones. I also happen to have access to a space that will probably work for this and it would be neat to host. As long as you let me try your rigs! Glen Echo town hall event space. They have tables chairs bathrooms electrical outlets etc. Occupancy is probably 100? The good thing is that it’s basically free (I’ll pay the nominal fee and sponsor it). The bad is that you’re driving or it’s a bus ride from Friendship Heights Metro. If you want it, let me know a date and I’ll reserve it for you. I will need individuals to commit to cleanup and put away tables and chairs!

Mar 19, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #300 of 412
Save the date for a meetup: Saturday, April 30th, 10:00am, location TBD. Thanks to everyone who responded. We still don't have a location locked down, so please do reach out if you can offer space. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back