DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015 Noon-5 pm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #91 of 242
I'm looking forward to this Rag, Taurus, KSA5 comparison.  Especially with the wide variety of headphones it looks like we will have at the meet.

Quote:
  I should be able to show up for a bit. I'll try to bring:
HD800
HD700
PM-3
ER-4P

Asgard2
Magni1

I'd also happily set up a "how low can you go" game for people to play with bit-depth and sample-rate ABX
evil_smiley.gif

Its been so long since I've heard an Asgard2. I've really been wanting to compare it to Valhalla2.

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #93 of 242
Anyone got an EL-8 on order? I'd love to hear these and they seem to be showing up at meets these days. I was up at B&H on Sunday, but they didn't have them yet.

Just ordered a pair of the closed ones today.  Sorry if you were looking to hear the open backs, these are probably going to be my office cans so I needed a closed back.  Hopefully I'll have them in in time for the meet.

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #94 of 242

Just ordered a pair of the closed ones today.  Sorry if you were looking to hear the open backs, these are probably going to be my office cans so I needed a closed back.  Hopefully I'll have them in in time for the meet.

Cool! I'm excited to hear either version. They're great looking headphones at a nice price point.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #95 of 242
To the guy that has the HE-6's with the krell, how many watts do you put through those cans? I just purchased a Imagine 45 Fire Bottle amp from Dennis Had, and was wondering what HE-6's would sound like though it. Unfortunately, it only does about 2 WPC. Will that be enough?

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #96 of 242
Here's the tweak device I'm bringing for you all to try:
"Headphone Transducers or HOT for short, is the new UEF headphone filter that dramatically improves headphone / amplifier performance.  Nearly one year in development, HOTs were voiced with Audeze LCD-3 and Sennheiser HD 800 stereo headphones. Amplification included a Luxman P-700 solid-state amplifier and numerous tube based headphone amplifiers. When HOT is used with your favorite cans you hear sound that gets out of your head as well as smoother more articulate highs with improved bass. If you’ve been looking for more holographic sound with smoother highs and increased resolution, you’ve gotta try HOT!
Synergistic Research HOT – Headphone Optimized Transducer
Nothing beats a HOT set of cans:
Whether you’re a seasoned headphone fanatic or an open air two-channel audiophile looking to explore the magic of personal audio, HOT maximizes your enjoyment with increased resolution and smoothness in the world’s most holographic headphone experience." 

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #97 of 242
Here's the tweak device I'm bringing for you all to try:

"Headphone Transducers or HOT for short, is the new UEF headphone filter that dramatically improves headphone / amplifier performance.  Nearly one year in development, HOTs were voiced with Audeze LCD-3 and Sennheiser HD 800 stereo headphones. Amplification included a Luxman P-700 solid-state amplifier and numerous tube based headphone amplifiers. When HOT is used with your favorite cans you hear sound that gets out of your head as well as smoother more articulate highs with improved bass. If you’ve been looking for more holographic sound with smoother highs and increased resolution, you’ve gotta try HOT!

Synergistic Research HOT – Headphone Optimized Transducer

Nothing beats a HOT set of cans:

Whether you’re a seasoned headphone fanatic or an open air two-channel audiophile looking to explore the magic of personal audio, HOT maximizes your enjoyment with increased resolution and smoothness in the world’s most holographic headphone experience." 

Is it 1/4" in and out?

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #99 of 242
  To the guy that has the HE-6's with the krell, how many watts do you put through those cans? I just purchased a Imagine 45 Fire Bottle amp from Dennis Had, and was wondering what HE-6's would sound like though it. Unfortunately, it only does about 2 WPC. Will that be enough?

I am not good at audio math, Krell is 250W @ 8 ohm. Max vol I use is 35 on krell, on scale of 1-150 on this amp. 2 WPC might not be enough (Lyr does a bad job with HE-6), but you try it during this meet.

The new addition to my setup "Shunyata Python Helix Alpha Powercord" did wonders to dynamics, it was like throwing a bucket of cold water on my sleeping amp, It sound very good now.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #100 of 242
I will be there. HD-598 D2000. Should I bother bringing my modi/magni? I don't own a laptop...This would be my first meet what should I bring? My iphone with music but CD's also that I want to demo? Really interested in trying the HD650 and some of the orthos with a big amp...

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #101 of 242
  I will be there. HD-598 D2000. Should I bother bringing my modi/magni? I don't own a laptop...This would be my first meet what should I bring? My iphone with music but CD's also that I want to demo? Really interested in trying the HD650 and some of the orthos with a big amp...

You can set up your Modi/Magni next to my stack and laptop if you want :) I would suggest bringing a flash drive with your music as CD players are not as common anymore. Bring the music but also a portable player as well like Foobar or Music Bee installed on the flash drive. That is what I will do. If you bring CD's, bring an external usb DVD drive. Spotify is the most convenient way of testing music on different rigs. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #102 of 242
You can set up your Modi/Magni next to my stack and laptop if you want :) I would suggest bringing a flash drive with your music as CD players are not as common anymore. Bring the music but also a portable player as well like Foobar or Music Bee installed on the flash drive. That is what I will do. If you bring CD's, bring an external usb DVD drive. Spotify is the most convenient way of testing music on different rigs. 

And/or enjoy the music from other people's laptops/devices they have already hooked up.
(From work, I've picked up some trepidation about people plugging their usb sticks into my computer)

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #103 of 242

Cool I may do that.  So I stick my FLAC files on my 64gb usb flash and I carry it around from rig to rig to test the songs I want? Plus people will have spotify running on their stacks as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back