DBA-02 or e-Q5
Apr 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
What should I pick? the DBA-02 or e-Q5
i usually lisent to pop and classical, well i lisent to everything pretty much,
except for metal.

Both are excellent IEM's. I felt the e-q5's handled classical better because they  generally had better timbre and weight to the instruments. I don't listen to pop but they should be very good for that as well. 

The DBA is also a very good IEM but is notorious for having fit issues. However it has a balanced sound that is both analytical yet fun. The treble especially has alot of energy.

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 8
If you are looking for energetic treble look no further than the DBA. The e-q5 has good (if slightly rolled off) treble but not to the same extent as the DBA

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I'd say e-Q5 has bigger bass. Soundstage e-Q5 is also superior but e-Q7 sound stage is even larger then of e-Q5

Hey thanks for the reply, it's interesting to know that the EQ-7 has a bigger soundstage than the EQ-5. I wonder how the Shure SE 535 compares to these two iems? I recently sold my Westone W4, they were technically superior to a lot of the iems that I have heard, but at the end I find them too dull in their presentation. The analogy is like driving a Mercedes Benz S Class vs a Maserati Quattroporte.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 8
 Burma Jones, you are welcome! yes I believe the long forgotten  e-Q7 has a very impressive sound stage even compared to e-Q5..

I have not owned Shure 535 but I am sure some one else has had them both..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back