DBA-02 Knock Offs
Jan 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

iLovPieNCake

100+ Head-Fier
Jan 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 13
MP4Nation does not manufacture products. Instead, they rebrand a lot of consumer products. This is likely a rebranded DBA-002. This is excellent news.

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 13
Yep, I've seen them. :wink:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/532729/upcoming-brainwavz-dual-armature-earphones-image-posted-on-facebook-page

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 13
Very very interesting indeed, I'm really curious to see how this will turn out

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 13
hopefully the tuning is the same as the DBA-02, anywho, it's now apparent the factory were making a lot more than we expected...does that mean fischer was holding out on us on purpose so there would be great demand, and when they were in stock again, people would flock to the sale?

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
It's now apparent the factory were making a lot more than we expected...does that mean fischer was holding out on us on purpose so there would be great demand, and when they were in stock again, people would flock to the sale?

Which factory?  I really want a pair of these and am tired of waiting.
angry_face.gif
  Does that mean that they will be available soon?  DBA-02
angry_face.gif
 f     

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Quote:
It's now apparent the factory were making a lot more than we expected...does that mean fischer was holding out on us on purpose so there would be great demand, and when they were in stock again, people would flock to the sale?

angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
 f     

fischer doesn't make it themselves, they simply stamp there logo/brand on it, so the phones are coming from a source that apparently doesn't mind making more for other companies, therefore, i think fischer was controlling the market all along by simply holding out on consumers when there was more than enough to go around

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
 f     

fischer doesn't make it themselves, they simply stamp there logo/brand on it, so the phones are coming from a source that apparently doesn't mind making more for other companies, therefore, i think fischer was controlling the market all along by simply holding out on consumers when there was more than enough to go around

Fischer Audio doesn't come up with their own housing designs but I believe the internals (IE the drivers) are tuned in-house.

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
 f     

Fischer Audio doesn't come up with their own housing designs but I believe the internals (IE the drivers) are tuned in-house.

or do they give specs to the manufacturer for the tuning/internals

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 13
Same thing. You work the protos and then they all get made that way per batch. They should be getting finished assembled product to their spec. Supply probably has a much to do with a distributor's willingness to order extra for stock as anything else. Early on, before reviews, it would be difficult to predict demand even with good funding but that should be cleared up by now. I bet they're the exact same drivers as the CK10, DBA-02 as I don't know if there's a cheaper way to make a 2 way than the combo driver they use. Will it have a xover or acoustic filter? should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back