DBA-02 Availability
Sep 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 19

I think they are available in http://www.doctorhead.ru/catalogue?pr=89&about=1 , i sent an e-mail for a quote but i haven't received a response till now.
You can give it a try if you want.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 19
Don't hold your breath. Wrote to them yesterday. Got a repply today. Not in stock. Don't know when will be.

BTW

I don't know if Fischer Audio guys ever read this forum but the DBA-02 have become one of the most sought after IEM's and making them available could earn them a fortune and gratitude from a lot of head-fiers.
Don't know if it's just a hype because they are so hard to get or they are really that good.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
Don't hold your breath. Wrote to them yesterday. Got a repply today. Not in stock. Don't know when will be.

BTW

I don't know if Fischer Audio guys ever read this forum but the DBA-02 have become one of the most sought after IEM's and making them available could earn them a fortune and gratitude from a lot of head-fiers.
Don't know if it's just a hype because they are so hard to get or they are really that good.

who did you write to Fisher Audio or?

the reason why DBA-02  is so popular is due to smart campaign of distributors around the globe. Also since it is priced so low, it is the only
dual driver on the market below 200 usd, well there is Radius DDM but this one is dynamic dual headphones. You should consider DDm perhaps  since they are readily available from Japan.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
the reason why DBA-02  is so popular is due to smart campaign of distributors around the globe. Also since it is priced so low, it is the only
dual driver on the market below 200 usd, well there is Radius DDM but this one is dynamic dual headphones. You should consider DDm perhaps  since they are readily available from Japan.

I believe UE700s and Custom3 are also dual-armature phones, and the street prices are around/below $150.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:

the reason why DBA-02  is so popular is due to smart campaign of distributors around the globe.

Wrote the Russian website mentioned by Beekeeper a couple of posts ago.

What is so smart about NOT actually selling the IEM's as they are never in stock? Thanks for the advice. Need something with a lot of detail and and great soundstage (like a combination of IE8 and q-Jays, which I currently own) so might read about the IEM's you recommend.

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:

They are popular for a reason and it has nothing to do with their distributors. They are popular because they are competitively priced and they perform above what their price may indicate. They just don't have the resources that bigger companies such as Shure so they are unable to have as much stock as they are able to. Also why is it that every other post of yours is a recommendation about the DDM when this topic has nothing to do with it.

Oct 2, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #12 of 19
@ rawrster,
I mention Radius in my threads for the same reason why other head-fiers speak and promote their favorite earphones. I love DDM and want other people to enjoy them. Besides, place where I bought this offer discount with my next purchase if I get to refer client to them :)
Why are you asking, do you have any problem with that?

Oct 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #13 of 19
@yello131: Using head-fi for commercial personal benefits = Not too ethical, friend. And promoting them is fine, but dissing other earphones which you clearly haven't heard for yourself while doing that and depriving the OP of an objective point of view isn't.

@jaykarnik: Apparently according to treoo the next time the DBAs will be available will be the end of Oct, if you're willing to wait till then you'll get excellent value for your money. The DBAs sound comparable to the SM3/IE8/TF10/SE535 tiered headphones, and at half the price. The hype isn't unmerited, they really sound astronomically good. If you're looking for great detail and separation on your IEMs these would be the ones you're after, soundstage is only above average though.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #14 of 19

ADDIEM is only $80 and a dual driver BA and you can get new custom 3s for $99 or ue 700s for $140 every day.
Quote:

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
@yello131: Using head-fi for commercial personal benefits = Not too ethical, friend. And promoting them is fine, but dissing other earphones which you clearly haven't heard for yourself while doing that and depriving the OP of an objective point of view isn't.

@jaykarnik: Apparently according to treoo the next time the DBAs will be available will be the end of Oct, if you're willing to wait till then you'll get excellent value for your money. The DBAs sound comparable to the SM3/IE8/TF10/SE535 tiered headphones, and at half the price. The hype isn't unmerited, they really sound astronomically good. If you're looking for great detail and separation on your IEMs these would be the ones you're after, soundstage is only above average though.

Nightslayer, I am hardly getting any commercial benefits and I have seen other head fi members use this forum and receive  real Benefit and not like me, 5% of my next purchase. which who knows when I will make  :)

I have DBA-02 here and love them with all my heart, but this are just so hard to get,  a real shame...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back