Dating & Settling
Feb 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #106 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Axiom 1: Most people are dumb
Axiom 2: Most people are not physically attractive

Conclusion: People that are both smart and attractive are incredibly rare, so you better start learning where your compromises are pretty quickly. Oh yeah, and get to the gym and get in shape. Some thin people are attractive, but no fat people are. If you want someone to be attracted to you, do your best to make yourself attractive. And read some books, so you can keep up a decent conversation and have something besides TV to talk about.

Sorry for the rant, but so many people are lazy and don't want to work at making themselves attractive and interesting, then b*tch about not being able to find a mate. If you want to see the problem, look in the mirror. Educate yourself. Eat well. Dress well. Groom yourself. Work out. These actions by themselves they are not 'sufficient' to find love, but they are necessary. And don't tell me any crap about 'inner beauty'. If you wanted inner beauty you'd be dating your fat friends. But you aren't, you're holding out for that hottie with the Ph.D. And that's OK, just be honest about it and make sure you've done the work on yourself to make yourself a prize, not some schmuck that someone is going to settle for.

WOOOO!!! Good post. Brutally honest truth..brutally honest but a fact of life and how it REALLY is....

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #107 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah you changed my view point, I wish I was as old as you, so wise and brave. So yeah, sucks to be me. Reminds me of what Brahms said about Tchaikovsky - his sandwich out meats his bread.

Touche on the composer comeback
wink.gif

Not to put too fine a point on it, not only am I old and wise, I practice what I preach, and have been very happily married to a hottie with a Masters degree for 12 years now. How many of the other 'experts' posting here can make that claim?

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #108 of 122
Quote:

wink.gif

Not to put too fine a point on it, not only am I old and wise, I practice what I preach, and have been very happily married to a hottie with a Masters degree for 12 years now. How many of the other 'experts' posting here can make that claim?

i think we need to see a picture of said hottie... also holding her degree with two forms of id...

biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #109 of 122
Hmm, well her undergrad degree is in German Literature and Philosophy from Texas A&M University, her masters is in Developmental Psychology from the University of Colorado at Denver. As for looks, let's just say that she worked part time as a model for a while now, mainly bathing suit and lingerie, and just locally (not nationally), but still
biggrin.gif
Most of her portfolio is on film-based pictures rather than digital-based pictures, but here's at least a couple where she has a fair amount of clothing on (sorry, I'm NOT posting any bikini pics for you perv's).

scan8.jpg

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #111 of 122
biggrin.gif
Yeah, sucks to be me.

I gotta say, I'm still madly in love with her even after 12 years, she's the most interesting and smartest person I know.

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #113 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson

I gotta say, I'm still madly in love with her even after 12 years, she's the most interesting and smartest person I know.

Thats pretty nice to hear actually, it is special when you find someone who fascinates both the physical and intellectual side o you.

The nicest thing is you appreciate what you have.
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #114 of 122
I admit, I started overstepping my boundaries. I dutifully concede.

My posts ARE however, geared toward the younger crowd. Can we agree that is what the articles are about? Today's post-high school/college generation?
confused.gif

Tyson, I appreciate your contempt for me. It fuels my fire to be the best I can and not settle.
cool.gif

Thanks,
Tyler

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #115 of 122
I was watching this thread hoping you'd reply, cause I wanted to say I was sorry too and my 'rambling' criticism was posted while I was on my 2nd Maker's Mark Manhattan. Went a bit overboard and I'm sorry.

Feb 15, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #116 of 122
Quote:

wink.gif

Good point, however no one is really a expert in love. Always something more to learn.

Feb 16, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #117 of 122
Of course the whole point of dating is to find out (via a series of unsuccessful relationships) what you "don't" want in a mate. That way you can filter through newer potential mates much more quickly and efficiently in the future.

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #118 of 122
I think most men never really grow up. We like to hang on to the "glory" days. This is why we know how to have fun.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back