Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jul 17, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #1,126 of 1,160
  I didn't even find it necessary to bass boost the music unlike the M760 which could use a little bit of bass boost, but I will try bass boosting the MC5 and see how clear and tight the bass remains. The MC5 kind of sound like a M760 with bass boost turned on but without any sacrifice in detail of the highs. Very revealing even though they are a lush and balanced earbud. The mids might not be as brilliant, intimate, and juicy as the M760, but they are definitely not inferior. The bass kick is just great. I'd say these are the most balanced sounding earbuds I've heard between the 760, Tingo Croons TG-38S, and Blox ANVSE3.

i hit the checkout button a while ago because of this review. listening to the M760 right now. it sounds very natural compared to the 38S and M1. I like the M1 at first but I'm now liking the M760 better but I think I've heard a cracking sound of the driver on the right channel. I tried repositioning the unit on my ear and it's gone. not sure if my unit is defective or got damaged while shipping. I just want to know if the MC5 is good enough to replace the M760 because if not I will place another M760 order to Dasetn. or should I go straight with BE7?
biggrin.gif
 Ben, can you share your updated ranking with the BE7 in the lineup?

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #1,127 of 1,160

i hit the checkout button a while ago because of this review. listening to the M760 right now. it sounds very natural compared to the 38S and M1. I like the M1 at first but I'm now liking the M760 better but I think I've heard a cracking sound of the driver on the right channel. I tried repositioning the unit on my ear and it's gone. not sure if my unit is defective or got damaged while shipping. I just want to know if the MC5 is good enough to replace the M760 because if not I will place another M760 order to Dasetn. or should I go straight with BE7?
biggrin.gif

I think MC5 is good enough to replace your M760.

for me BE7 is kinda.... overprice....

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #1,128 of 1,160
So i got tingo tg38s , imho can't compare with m760 . Both of them are below pk1 , i can't believe that some consider tg38s better than pk1 . That's extremely weird state . Pk1 has the best detail i've heard from an earbud combined with a solid impactful bass. The best bass i've heard from earbuds. Even m760 seem to have less textured and impactful compared with pk1. Don't get me wrong, i use m760 as well on the go and they are exceptional for the price considering pk1 is 6 times more expensive and they don't need an amp.

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #1,129 of 1,160

biggrin.gif

I'm gonna let BE7 burn for at least 50 hours and then publish a comparison with BE5.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #1,131 of 1,160
  So i got tingo tg38s , imho can't compare with m760 . Both of them are below pk1 , i can't believe that some consider tg38s better than pk1 . That's extremely weird state . Pk1 has the best detail i've heard from an earbud combined with a solid impactful bass. The best bass i've heard from earbuds. Even m760 seem to have less textured and impactful compared with pk1. Don't get me wrong, i use m760 as well on the go and they are exceptional for the price considering pk1 is 6 times more expensive and they don't need an amp.

Be sure that your review won't be added into first post.
BenF seems to definitely not like negative reviews of his "good find" TG-38s.
I asked him a long time ago now to add my review of them but unfortunately he has time to do reviews and answers everybody, but not to add negative reviews into first post. I think he will never have time anyway...
That's why many here thinks 38s is a master piece, which is definitely not and still a "joke" to me.
Of course Yuin PK1 is much above in everything, we cannot compare the king of earbuds in term of hifi cans with 38s! :)

Anyway, I'am joining the guy which keeps posting some time ago here to proves that 38s is definitely not a good earbud (cannot remember who exactly).
BenF, if you don't have "time" to add also negative reviews to let only positive ones into your first post, I don't think many people here will trust you like before and especially on the impact you did with 38s which many thought as a masterpiece which is definitely not to many.
That's why for now personally I won't trust any of your future reviews.

Sorry, had to say this.
Cheers'

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #1,132 of 1,160
Everybody's ears are different and it is no surprise that some consider the TG-38s awesome - but to other ears, they sound not so awesome. There are universally bad buds (like the ones I get at Dollar Tree) - but when someone claims that the TG-38s sounds great to them, I have no doubt they are hearing great sound - the problem is what I hear is probably not the same as they hear. All of the buds mentioned in this entire big thread that I have purchased (I have only gone through Dasetn) are decent sounding - none are poopy sounding. The only Yuins I have ever had were the OK3 - and all of them sounded better than those (to me). In addition, the buds I have also purchased from Vsonic, Sunrise Audio, HiSoundAudio, and SoundMagic all have sounded pretty good. All of these buds have beaten the sound of Phillips, Sony, and JVC buds - although the Japanese buds do not sound bad by any means. It could also be that I prefer the Chinese sound since I also do not prefer the sound of Japanese Loudspeakers (I prefer European or American Loudspeakers - never listened to Chinese ones). 

All of the Chinese buds are on par with the >$100 Creative Aurvana Air - I was never going to buy another pair once I got the Aurvana's, but then they broke and I didn't want to plunk down another $100 or more for something I would break. The Chinese ones range from  under $10-$30 - and the sound quality is awesome - but as we see, people have different preferences for sound quality - plus since ear shapes are different - people will get different sounds due to differing ear holes and canal shapes.

I like the TG-38s. On a scale of 1-10, the sound I would give them are between a 7-8. I also like the M760s. I liked the M1s, but then I broke them - and it wasn't as upsetting as breaking the Aurvanas.

I don't think anyone can go wrong trying out any of the buds given positive reviews in this thread. If you find you agree with someone's review - your taste in sound is probably more in line with theirs. If you think the TG-38s sounds like poop, I think it's a matter of differing tastes also.

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #1,133 of 1,160
^Very well said mtliu!^

Between different shaped ears and different sound signatures that people like... not to mention a lot of the Chinese build qualities are all over the place... everyone has their favorites and least favorites.

Like me, I really enjoy the fun sound of the AWEI ES10 and others dislike it.

All I know, is I am in love with earbuds and it is so much fun trying out lots of different pairs and not spending much. Plus they make great gifts.

Currently I am still testing out the MC5 and like what I am hearing (though I think they are kinda ugly looking).

~ Justin

EDIT, just for kicks, here is my current earbud rankings:

Blue Ever Blue 328R > Dasetn PK3 > Dasetn MC5 > AWEI ES10 > Tingo TG-38s > Dasetn PK2 > Samsung Clip Zip Stock Buds > Dasetn AP8

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,134 of 1,160
Just to chime in, I think that there are indeed buds that suite different tastes. However, like previously mentioned, there are buds that also objectively do sound bad. There is a difference. I think that the TG38S are clearly better than the "objectively horrible" range of earbuds and it is indeed a matter of taste. I personally think they have very good detail retrieval and excellent soundstaging capabilities but sound a bit shiny and synthetic. This is different than just being bright and harsh. Cans can be bright, but sound realistic as well (Ultrasone are a good example of this). For the tingo croons you actually feel that you are listening to the music through an electronic device even though the soundstage is wide and positioning does sound like you are hearing it from a stage. The M760 drastically do not have this feeling for me and that is why I have defaulted to them for almost all of my earbud listening (currently testing MC5 as well). The 760 sounds natural and the voices, cymbal crashes, and drum beats sound exactly as if you were listening outside in the real world. A good way I like to explain it is that if you had your earbuds in and you closed your eyes and had to guess whether your MP3 player was playing the music or an actual live performance was occurring in front of you, you'd have a harder time guessing correctly with the 760 than the TG38S. With that said, I do agree that the tingo croons are definitely good enough to not be considered a bad earbud - they are just rather love or hate. I don't think BenF has any malicious intent or ulterior motive, but it would be indeed nice to update the original post since he's clearly extremely active. 

Jrazmar, I think you'll be very happy with the MC5. Apparently the drivers used in these are foster OEM and of great quality by the sound of them. I don't think you can go wrong at all. Report back when you have them. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #1,135 of 1,160
I've been lurking this thread forever but haven't really felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger on any of the earbuds mentioned (except the AP8 and DIY PK2). I did finally pull the trigger on the Dasetn MC5, which arrived today.

That foam really doesn't do the best job of keeping the buds in place! :p

Still too early to say much, but I'm probably going to end up writing a full review on these. That is, after I write one for the SoundMagic EP10 and 20 and Sennheiser MX365 and 375.

Apparently the drivers used in these are foster OEM and of great quality by the sound of them. I don't think you can go wrong at all. Report back when you have them. 

As a huge Foster earbud fan who tends to naturally gravitate toward Sennheiser MX series buds, I'd have to say that the MC5 definitely sounds like something from that Japanese OEM. Very similar tonal balance and soundstage presentation.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,136 of 1,160
When I first read the 'hype' around the 38s I was a bit skeptical, however I did order them, they have my favorite housing and were not too expensive. In worst case scenario I could just disprove the whole hype around them if they were really that bad. However they sounded better (after burn in!!!) than I thought they would. But although the mids and highs are good, For me they lack in the low frequencies, however some people reported good bass with them, good for them, too bad for me. However a bad buy for me were the tc100, the highs are better than the 38s (which sound a bit raw compared to the tc100) but have even less bass. Worst is I ended up with 2 sets of these. Bummer I rather would have bought a M760. Well taste do differ, as do ear sizes, and when I read reviews I keep this in mind. So far my go to earbuds are still the be5 and mx985. I wonder how the be7 sounds though.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #1,137 of 1,160
  Be sure that your review won't be added into first post.
BenF seems to definitely not like negative reviews of his "good find" TG-38s.
I asked him a long time ago now to add my review of them but unfortunately he has time to do reviews and answers everybody, but not to add negative reviews into first post. I think he will never have time anyway...
That's why many here thinks 38s is a master piece, which is definitely not and still a "joke" to me.
Of course Yuin PK1 is much above in everything, we cannot compare the king of earbuds in term of hifi cans with 38s! :)

Anyway, I'am joining the guy which keeps posting some time ago here to proves that 38s is definitely not a good earbud (cannot remember who exactly).
BenF, if you don't have "time" to add also negative reviews to let only positive ones into your first post, I don't think many people here will trust you like before and especially on the impact you did with 38s which many thought as a masterpiece which is definitely not to many.

No impressions, positive or negative, for TG-38S or any other earbud, has been added to the first page in over 2 months.
I am too busy having a job and posting reviews, to go over nearly a thousand posts since.

Quote:
... That's why for now personally I won't trust any of your future reviews.

Why would you even keep reading my reviews if you don't trust me? There are over 600000 other threads on Head-fi.
Or you could start one yourself and show everyone how it's done right.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #1,138 of 1,160
On another topic (let's not bicker about unimportant details of reviews etc...), does anyone know if these earbuds are the exact same ones sold by dasetn? They look identical in every way including the cable except for the sennheiser logo printed on the casings:

http://www.idealmalls.com/taobao/view/id/17467260483

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,139 of 1,160
  On another topic (let's not bicker about unimportant details of reviews etc...), does anyone know if these earbuds are the exact same ones sold by dasetn? They look identical in every way including the cable except for the sennheiser logo printed on the casings:

http://www.idealmalls.com/taobao/view/id/17467260483

Very likely.
There are many MX760 clones in China, and they all have variations in quality due to different batches of speakers.
I bought one on eBay, thinking it was genuine.

Be careful - it says "buy two get one", not "buy two get one free".

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #1,140 of 1,160
  Very likely.
There are many MX760 clones in China, and they all have variations in quality due to different batches of speakers.
I bought one on eBay, thinking it was genuine.

Be careful - it says "buy two get one", not "buy two get one free".

I wasn't planning on getting them haha. But I am genuinely curious that if Dasetn isn't the one making these then is his new MC5 earbud also completely OEM of another model? If so, is there more information? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back