Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jul 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,096 of 1,160
Me just received this earbud with microphone n volume control...BYZ S600.

Packaging is impressive and most of all ...me like the volume control slider located at the Y splitter .comes with three pair of foam earbud and cable clip.

Here are some pics ...outta box impression ..bass monster ..solid and full bodied ...mids recessed and treble is good but could be a wee bit bright...off to burn station and hopefully ..will bring out the mid and high .

But for the price USD10 ...with microphone and volume control. Packaging says optimized for iPhone ....don't have IPhone but did try out with me Android phone ...mic button work only for play pause only and sound from call are clear ...most of all like the volume control slider ...dont have to fiddle with the phone or player when needed to . Built quality is top notch and very cool lookin earbud ...fitting for me is excellent .

This is where me bought it http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-byz-font-b-s600-b-font-mobile-phone-headphones-with-microphone-wire-heatshrinked-noodles/615477_1085722898.html

Here are some pics

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #1,097 of 1,160
Me like your review. 
evil_smiley.gif
 And what a name; "begin your zest"

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #1,098 of 1,160
Me like your review. :evil:  And what a name; "begin your zest"

Thanks ...mmmm...begin your zest ...sounds good ....will give a few more days for more details...

But its not on the level of Tingo TG38-S ( me fav earbud ) but for the price/function/built quality and design ..Me like very much. IMHO basshead would be encouraged to have a crack at it ...good for EDM though.

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,099 of 1,160
  It should have said sound quality is inversely proportional to build quality. The Tingo Croons may be an exception to that since they have a great cable, but everything else that seems cheapy and plastic (think dasetn, blox, yuin etc) seems to be king and there isn't many beautifully crafted buds that easily beat the plastic kings. 

Add EarBell to that exception too.
... And yes, I agree that bass boost really really helps the tingo croons. It's a wonder why they didn't just tune the buds to be really bassy from baseline. That way they'd be the crowd favorite by a long shot. But, I still stand by preferring the 760 for basically any type of genre if I were listening without an EQ.

It's impossible to tune one region without affecting another one, compromises must be made.
Otherwise we would own dozens of perfect headphones.

Bass quantity is the easiest one to fix using EQ or built-in bass boosts - it is the smallest region, compared to mids and treble.
TG-38S and Havi B3 Pro MK1 are great examples of that.

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #1,100 of 1,160
  Add EarBell to that exception too.

It's impossible to tune one region without affecting another one, compromises must be made.
Otherwise we would own dozens of perfect headphones.

Bass quantity is the easiest one to fix using EQ or built-in bass boosts - it is the smallest region, compared to mids and treble.
TG-38S and Havi B3 Pro MK1 are great examples of that.

Although I admit that I don't have the earbell and don't know, it still looks rather plasticy and in the same league as the M1 etc. Nothing wrong with that obviously, I know it must sound phenomenal. I am quite intrigued by the earbell actually. I am trying to decide whether I should go Baldoor or the Sennheiser MX series for my next bud. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #1,102 of 1,160
Just received the M760 and M1 from Dasetn. Do both require burn-in to sound at its fullest? Out of the package, the M1 sounds balanced and capable and the M760 is very good but the cable is just yucky. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #1,103 of 1,160
  Just received the M760 and M1 from Dasetn. Do both require burn-in to sound at its fullest? Out of the package, the M1 sounds balanced and capable and the M760 is very good but the cable is just yucky. 

Haven't noticed any difference in sound with m760 after burnin 

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #1,104 of 1,160
thanks shaks. I guess I don't need to burn-in either. I'm starting to like the M1 better now. Better than the 38S? Might be because it's balanced sounding for me but still open and very hi-fi. Still the 38S has an edge with soundstage but overall the M1 is non-obtrusive to the ears. I will also give more time with the M760 but with its very ugly cable, I don't think I will be using it on the go. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #1,105 of 1,160
I may have had some moisture in mine or something but when I received my M760 (black on black version) the bass was bloated and overpowering (flabby?). But after burning in for a couple of days it cleared up. It could have just dried up or settled in who really knows now but there was a significant improvement for me. I thought I wasted $25.

I received the Dasetn MC5 yesterday and did a quick comparo last night between MC5, M1, M760, DIY PK3 (not Dasetn), 38s, and Awei ES10. For me, in order of preferenceM760>=38s>PK3>MC5>M1>ES10. I didn't have my original PK3 on hand. For methe M760 only beat out the 38s due to comfort. Diameter I believe is roughly the same but thickness of the casing maybe makes the M760 just fit me perfectly. The MX500 style casing is just too large and pushes on a part of my ear that makes it uncomfortable for long periods. The Yuin style is slightly smaller and also fits better but slightly loose. The 38s are more clear than the M760 but lose out in comfort so I will take a little less sparkle in exchange for being able to listen for longer periods. The MC5 has the grill of that bud above, the BYZ, but the case of the MX500, so ever so slight difference in fit...for me. Will have to give it more time though. These are just my opinions so please, salt to taste.

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #1,106 of 1,160
  thanks shaks. I guess I don't need to burn-in either. I'm starting to like the M1 better now. Better than the 38S? Might be because it's balanced sounding for me but still open and very hi-fi. Still the 38S has an edge with soundstage but overall the M1 is non-obtrusive to the ears. I will also give more time with the M760 but with its very ugly cable, I don't think I will be using it on the go. 

Is it the red cable or the black one with volume slider and extension cable?

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #1,107 of 1,160
red cable Ben. Is there any way I can buy the one with the black cable? or has it been replaced by the red "ugly" cable version?

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #1,108 of 1,160
  red cable Ben. Is there any way I can buy the one with the black cable? or has it been replaced by the red "ugly" cable version?

The red cable is better than the thin short black one with volume slider and extension cable.
The original long black cable is no longer available.

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,109 of 1,160

If you read my review comparison of the M760 and Tingo Croons, you'll see I share the exact same opinion as you (except I like the M760 sound better than even the tingo croons) on the cable. The cable is honestly atrocious. It has the worst strain relief I have probably ever seen on any cable, it tangles up if you simply cough on it the wrong way, it is sticky due to its poor plastic material that attracts static. It is easily the worst point of the M760 and the best point inversely on the Tingo Croons 38S. With that said, I very much prefer the M760 sound and mainly always reach for them as my bud of choice almost all the time since they sound so great. The cable really annoys me a lot about these buds, but they just sound so good to me that I put that aside and always take them with me anyway. I am looking into a possibly recabling them if a high quality cable is cheap enough to be worth it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back