Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Jul 9, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #1,066 of 1,160
If I buy the modded MX760 by dasetn is it likely I'll get a "bad" pair? I really dont want to buy 2 as I am buying other earbuds and dont need the extra pair laying around unused. And where do you get the JL1s?

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #1,067 of 1,160
  If I buy the modded MX760 by dasetn is it likely I'll get a "bad" pair? I really dont want to buy 2 as I am buying other earbuds and dont need the extra pair laying around unused. And where do you get the JL1s?

The "bad" pair sounds pretty good right now, probably didn't sound that good at first due to collecting some humidity during shipment.
I have 6 pairs with 3 different cables - they all sound great, although I do prefer the first 2.

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #1,068 of 1,160
Over the years I have handed down or bought the following items for my nephew: Shure SRH750DJ, Koss KSC75, JVC FX-101, Monoprice MEP-933, Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K, Philips SHE3580 and now it was time to give him some earbuds.

So over the course of two days, I let my 15 year old nephew borrow my: AWEI ES10, Tingo TG-38s, Blue Ever Blue 328R and Dasetn PK3 DIY.

After which I told him he could take his favorite one. He picked the the Blue Ever Blue 328R (BEB - Black). He love the overall smooth detailed sound of them. Also, they fit the best in his ears.

To be honest, I was relieved slightly as my current favorite is the AWEI ES10 because of its easy going "fun" sound signature.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,069 of 1,160

The "bad" pair sounds pretty good right now, probably didn't sound that good at first due to collecting some humidity during shipment.
I have 6 pairs with 3 different cables - they all sound great, although I do prefer the first 2.

Is it a big sound difference? I feel hesitant buy 1 or 2 because I feel like I'll need to buy like 5 to get a "good" one?

Also, where do I buy the TC100? I only see the TC00?

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #1,070 of 1,160
Jul 9, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,071 of 1,160
  Is it a big sound difference? I feel hesitant buy 1 or 2 because I feel like I'll need to buy like 5 to get a "good" one?

Also, where do I buy the TC100? I only see the TC00?

The difference in sound isn't huge, but it's there, due to the different cables and different driver batches.
All 6 of mine sound good.

TC100 and TC00 are the same.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,072 of 1,160

The difference in sound isn't huge, but it's there, due to the different cables and different driver batches.
All 6 of mine sound good.

TC100 and TC00 are the same.

Thank you.

To those who own the M760 and TG38S and BEB 328R. Which would you rank the best?

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,074 of 1,160
Yuin PK3 IMO definitely sounds significantly better than the Tingo TG-38s. I'm actually not impressed with them at all. I let them burn in for weeks. I actually bought them because of all the favorable remarks but in the end, I guess it depends which sound signature you prefer as well. The voices are recessed, the upper end of the highs are accentuated. Reproduction of the mids can be muddled and not nearly as detailed as the PK3. Bass wise the Tingos really blow in accuracy, clarity, and amount of bass. Instruments and sounds just get lost. The PK3 just sounds more natural like you were listening to the instruments or the person in front of you. The PK3 sounds great with most every type of music thrown at it. Bass, highs and mids are impressively accurate in the price range. PK3 sounds better than many earbuds and IEM's under $100 including Klipsch S4, or the Hifiman Re-zero,  I actually think the Sennheiser MX365 even sound better than the Tingo. So if you really want to save money just get those for $15. If you want a really cheap option and are ok with IEM then get the Phillips SHE-3950 for $9. I wouldn't waste the money on the Tingo's with  other options out there. Besides I feel kind of silly wearing them. Actually, they sound good with Jazz even though the voices are slightly thin. Not recommended for Rock, Pop, Electronic music.   I'll keep them around and use them in situations where I might break them.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #1,076 of 1,160
Yuin PK3 IMO definitely sounds significantly better than the Tingo TG-38s. I'm actually not impressed with them at all. I let them burn in for weeks. I actually bought them because of all the favorable remarks but in the end, I guess it depends which sound signature you prefer as well. The voices are recessed, the upper end of the highs are accentuated. Reproduction of the mids can be muddled and not nearly as detailed as the PK3. Bass wise the Tingos really blow in accuracy, clarity, and amount of bass. Instruments and sounds just get lost. The PK3 just sounds more natural like you were listening to the instruments or the person in front of you. The PK3 sounds great with most every type of music thrown at it. Bass, highs and mids are impressively accurate in the price range. PK3 sounds better than many earbuds and IEM's under $100 including Klipsch S4, or the Hifiman Re-zero,  I actually think the Sennheiser MX365 even sound better than the Tingo. So if you really want to save money just get those for $15. If you want a really cheap option and are ok with IEM then get the Phillips SHE-3950 for $9. I wouldn't waste the money on the Tingo's with  other options out there. Besides I feel kind of silly wearing them. Actually, they sound good with Jazz even though the voices are slightly thin. Not recommended for Rock, Pop, Electronic music.   I'll keep them around and use them in situations where I might break them.

Most reviews are negative about kingo. The only unanimous reviews are for mx760. I highly recomend those

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #1,077 of 1,160
I've been reading good things about this KZ brand. Saw they had a "dual membrane" for like $11 US so I went for it. No clue how long it will take to get here but when it comes I'll post an impression. Anyone try this yet? Oh and it's "female poison, bass resilient"! That's gotta be good...right? what?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-OMX-domestic-first-dual-membrane-combination-earplugs-in-ear-headphones-Female-poison-Bass-resilient-Mobile/615477_1747567987.html

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #1,078 of 1,160
  I've been reading good things about this KZ brand. Saw they had a "dual membrane" for like $11 US so I went for it. No clue how long it will take to get here but when it comes I'll post an impression. Anyone try this yet? Oh and it's "female poison, bass resilient"! That's gotta be good...right? what?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-OMX-domestic-first-dual-membrane-combination-earplugs-in-ear-headphones-Female-poison-Bass-resilient-Mobile/615477_1747567987.html

I like my pair of KZ OMX2 (I think mine has got a 2 in it, and the buds are marked with G.K.). They are a bit dark sounding out of the box, but if I boost treble slightly they come alive. I prefer them to the Tingo TC100 (which are slightly too thin sounding and need a slight bass boost and treble reduction to sound their best. At least to my ears...).

Ah, forgot to write that the fit is better for my ears than Dasetn M1/Tingo TG38, Tingo TC100 and Baldoor Earbell.

I think that Dasetn M1 and especially Baldoor Earbell sound better, but the KZ OMX2 sit better in my ears...

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #1,080 of 1,160

I like my pair of KZ OMX2 (I think mine has got a 2 in it, and the buds are marked with G.K.). They are a bit dark sounding out of the box, but if I boost treble slightly they come alive. I prefer them to the Tingo TC100 (which are slightly too thin sounding and need a slight bass boost and treble reduction to sound their best. At least to my ears...).

Ah, forgot to write that the fit is better for my ears than Dasetn M1/Tingo TG38, Tingo TC100 and Baldoor Earbell.

I think that Dasetn M1 and especially Baldoor Earbell sound better, but the KZ OMX2 sit better in my ears...

The OMX looks really nice. Which kind of material is used for the housing and how is the quality? Never heard of an earbud with two drivers, sounds interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back