Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
May 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #407 of 1,160
Picked up the TG-38S a few days ago, and it's been pretty stellar! I compared it to some of the other DIY earbuds (DIY Yuin PK3 and PK2, and Dasetn AP3)  I own, and found that the clarity of these were a noticeable step up from the DIY Yuins and AP3s.

May 25, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #408 of 1,160
I'm aware of certain tracks being 'mastered hot' but don't think my perception of the Tingos can be explained this way as the harshness is unique to these buds. I have listened to a lot of headphones, earbuds and IEMs of varying price and many have more detail than the Tingos, without the harshness. Just feel like in this thread we're so excited to have found a great cheap earbud that we've way gone over the top with hyperbole and praise, to the point where any deficiencies are blamed on the listener and not the earbuds.

Also interesting you bring up the FAD Heaven VI. I don't like the house sound of FAD in general, but I was considering buying the Heaven VI until a few reviews called them harsh and sibilant.

Quote:

The "extra detail" I hear on TG-38S and TG-JL1 is the same as on a 500$ FAD Heaven VI, so it must be real.
Harshness on certain tracks is expected, if they are mastered "hot" to overcome the treble deficiency of most consumer headphones.

May 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #409 of 1,160

Also interesting you bring up the FAD Heaven VI. I don't like the house sound of FAD in general, but I was considering buying the Heaven VI until a few reviews called them harsh and sibilant.

Heaven VI can be unforgiving just like TG-38S. They don't have the same exact sound signature, but they do share clarity that can sometime take you away from the music and make you think "I can't believe I'm hearing this" over and over instead.

May 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #411 of 1,160
So convince us!
biggrin.gif

It is suppose to have 17mm drivers. Is that correct?? F.R. is one thing but fit is more important. Twice the TG38 price and possible trouble with them fitting is gonna make potential buyers pause :)

Can we get a measurement of their actual size diameter of the outer earbud housing?

May 25, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #412 of 1,160
Due to the dual unit circle diameter is larger, so TC100 headset cavity reached 17 mm in diameter, and 38 s diameter of about the same. The shell is made of aluminum, not plastic!

The 22 core LC - OFC mix weaving pro hi - end wire. With my mod pk2 version of the line is the same

Actual discussion jumpers JL1 is an early version, now is the new version (tc00) is 38 s upgrade, voice for longitudinal stereo feeling.

May 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #413 of 1,160
Thanks for the quick reply. I first brought them up/inquired about them earlier in the thread. We do have BenF's JL1 impressions so if the TC is the best one, they are certainly intriguing.

May 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #414 of 1,160
  Due to the dual unit circle diameter is larger, so TC100 headset cavity reached 17 mm in diameter, and 38 s diameter of about the same. The shell is made of aluminum, not plastic!

The 22 core LC - OFC mix weaving pro hi - end wire. With my mod pk2 version of the line is the same

Actual discussion jumpers JL1 is an early version, now is the new version (tc00) is 38 s upgrade, voice for longitudinal stereo feeling.

can you maybe explain again how this differes from the JL1 and 38S ?

May 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #417 of 1,160
To whomsoever it may concern
2 days ago I accidentally walked over my Tingo 38
So i decided to fully open them, here are the internals

You can see the driver has  a dense foam from behind already covering the holes of the housing, so I don't think there's a lot left for moders who want to try taming the highs...

May 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #418 of 1,160
Bought a pair, for £19 if they come close to that frequency chart I'll be delighted, there are no noticeable spikes anywhere so may alleviate my concerns about treble too.

@Richard Ray I assume by double unit you mean dual driver earbuds? Could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back