Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #61 of 1,160
  Ahh that is unfortunate that your latest order was a bust. Contacted Dasetn and they going to send me another pair of pk3, pair I got the order day has still been sitting in rice and might take them out in a few hours and test if they work.

I don't consider it a bust, the second M760 has the potential to be a "good" one.
The cable change is the main disappointment. The DOA unit isn't a big problem, I'm sure Dasetn will refund the cost.
The two M1s also sounded promising.

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #62 of 1,160
After 12 hours of burn-in, did a quick evaluation.
At first, M760 disappointed me, but then I switched from Dragonfly v1.2 to ODAC+E12, and it improved greatly.
Even when I used Dragonfly as a DAC only with E12, it wasn't quite as good as ODAC.
So I'm still hopeful it will turn out to be a "good" one.

M1 sounds very similar to M760, wouldn't be surprised if it's the same driver inside.
At 15$, this might be the best value in the lineup.

M3 is nowhere near as good as M760 or M1, guess they can't all be winners.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #64 of 1,160
I've owned two Dasetn PK3 DIYs. The first one was AMAZING. Such a great sound. So I ordered a second set for my girlfriend. The left channel was so much quieter than the right. I ended up just throwing them out. I should have just asked for a refund. Oh well.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #65 of 1,160
After 48 hours of burn-in, the new M760 sounds as quiet as the "bad" one, but SQ is almost on par with the "good" one.
I think it's because of the volume control circuit on the wire - really bad idea for an audiophile-targeted product.
Check the "MX660 and MX760" section at the link below to see how it can affect the SQ:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/430222/review-a-novices-take-on-sennheisers-mx360-mx460-mx660-and-mx760

I'm supposed to get the original Sennheiser MX760 next week, will be interesting to see if it's anywhere near as good.

The M1 sounds just as good as M760, but has a different sound signature.
The mids and bass are leaner, soundstage is bigger. They are very airy, which can sometime make the song sound artificial.
Sometime female vocals can sound a bit lispy (rare).
It's less euphonic and more analytical.
The best part about M1 - both M1s sound great, no quality control issues here.
To compare with M760, where I got one "good" one, one "almost as good" one, one "bad" one and one dead one - this is a much safer choice.
At 15$, it's your best bet for top sound.

M3 isn't really worth talking about. It's better than your typical earbud, but isn't as good as M760/M1 or the Blox lineup.
It's way too warm. Vocals sound usually OK, but instruments are way off.
At 13$, it's just 2$ cheaper than M1 - the choice is clear.

I am starting the burn-in of PK IE8 and AP8.

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #68 of 1,160
Just had my second pair of Dasetn PK3 DIY die on me as the left channel went mute. Really bummed as these were my favorite pair of ear buds. :frowning2: I really take care of all my headphones, these must just have a very bad build quality.

I'm just going to stick with my Blue Ever Blue - Black (BEB - 328R) from now on. I'm not wasting any more money on any Dasetn versions.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #69 of 1,160
Ask for a refund and get yourself a pair of M1s - they seem to not have quality control issues as some other models.
Also, they look really good in blue
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #73 of 1,160
Received my TinGo TG-38S earbuds.
They are gorgeous!

It's another MX500 clone, like M1.
Build quality is great.
Sound out of the box - outstanding.

I'll probably split it into a different thread. Or should I keep all earbud reviews here?

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #74 of 1,160
Received my TinGo TG-38S earbuds.
They are gorgeous!

It's another MX500 clone, like M1.
Build quality is great.
Sound out of the box - outstanding.

I'll probably split it into a different thread. Or should I keep all earbud reviews here?

I'll bite, I want a pair now! Where did you purchase? Aliexpress dot com?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back