Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
Apr 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #33 of 1,160
Received my M760, M1 & M3 late last week. Have listened mainly to the M760 and M1 and so far I prefer the M1. It's pretty close to the MX1 that I liked a lot. I haven't A/B-tested them, but they both have deep soundstages and great imaging. The MX1 has got a much better quality cable, though.

When I have more time I'll try to compare the M760, M1 & MX1 more. The M3 is okay, but not on the same level as the others. It's closer to the AP8 in SQ.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #34 of 1,160
  Received my M760, M1 & M3 late last week. Have listened mainly to the M760 and M1 and so far I prefer the M1. It's pretty close to the MX1 that I liked a lot. I haven't A/B-tested them, but they both have deep soundstages and great imaging. The MX1 has got a much better quality cable, though.

When I have more time I'll try to compare the M760, M1 & MX1 more. The M3 is okay, but not on the same level as the others. It's closer to the AP8 in SQ.

Are you saying that M1 isn't identical to MX1? I only bought it because I assumed they are the same
biggrin.gif

Or maybe it's just a variation in SQ like the one I had between my two M760s?

Do you still have the MX1?

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #35 of 1,160
Both the MX1 and the M1 use Sennheiser MX400 housings. The MX1 uses a cable that's quite stiff and definitely custom made (still very well made). The M1 uses more standard cable.
Soundwise they appear to be very close.
I suppose the MX1 and M1 pretty much are the same, but the MX1 uses better quality cable...

I have not compared them yet but I'll do a small comparison later.

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #38 of 1,160
Wow, the initial impressions seem to be all over the place. Some say the M760 are better than Blox ANV3 which are considered some of the best earbuds ever. And now we have M1 is the best and also M3. Could this be related to the spotty quality control that's widely reported for the Dasetn mods?

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #39 of 1,160
  What shipping option did you choose?
My package just left HongKong today.

I chose the regular free shipping option. I had good experiences before dealing with Dasetn when my first pair of MX1 never reached me and he refunded me the money. Delivery took a little over 2 weeks if memory serves me correctly...

Wow, the initial impressions seem to be all over the place. Some say the M760 are better than Blox ANV3 which are considered some of the best earbuds ever. And now we have M1 is the best and also M3. Could this be related to the spotty quality control that's widely reported for the Dasetn mods?

I think that it's partly because of Dasetn's quality control and consistency (perhaps mainly because of production of large quantities with limited resources). But I haven't heard two of the same model from Dasetn so I can't say that with 100% certainty. I think it's partly because of people having different preferences. I love an open and deep soundstage with great instrument positioning and imaging, and the MX1 and M1 give me that. Those models doesn't have much bass, though. The bass has got pretty good texture but not much depth or weight. Someone who likes more bass and a more intimate sound might not like those models...
I'd definitely put the M760, M1 & MX1 over the Blox ANV3, but not over former Blox flagship model TM7. If I were to bring vintage Sony and Aiwa models into the game both Blox and Dasetn still do well.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #40 of 1,160

...I love an open and deep soundstage with great instrument positioning and imaging, and the MX1 and M1 give me that. Those models doesn't have much bass, though. The bass has got pretty good texture but not much depth or weight. Someone who likes more bass and a more intimate sound might not like those models... I'd definitely put the M760, M1 & MX1 over the Blox ANV3, but not over former Blox flagship model TM7. If I were to bring vintage Sony and Aiwa models into the game both Blox and Dasetn still do well.

Where does this sound better?

The piano sounds absolutely amazing on my "good" M760 - most natural ever.
If you can find this album or "Conversation" in higher quality, you should be completely blown away by M760.
I listen to "Conversation" daily.

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #41 of 1,160
I agree, SQ on the Dasetn earbuds do seem to vary (even on the same model).

I LOVE my PK3 DIY, sounds perfect. I ordered another PK3 DIY and it was pretty bad, very unbalanced.

My PK2 DIY is ok, seems to be a slightly darker sound than the PK2 DIY. It is not bad though. The AP8 is built like a tank, but the signature

Debating on what to order from Dasetn dot com. Thinking either the M760 or M1? Hmmm...

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #42 of 1,160
  I only bought one M760. I haven't written up my impressions yet as out of the box something didn't seem right about the bass so I left them burning in for the last week. I checked in after two days and it seemed to have been tamed but just haven't been able to give a good quality sit down with them.

How is the burn-in going?

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #44 of 1,160
  can someone post a quick comparison of m1 and m760? I'm ready to pull the trigger on either :D

M760 is supposed to have more bass than M1
Given large variations in quality, your best bet is to order a couple of each.

Apr 9, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #45 of 1,160
I'm guessing most people on this thread prefer earbuds, but has anybody bought any of the in-ear earphones on Dasetn's site? If so do they offer similar value for money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back