Darth Beyers - Vulgar and ugly or good looking?
Aug 3, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 43
Here's another example of beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I must like them, I ordered a pair a couple of weeks ago.
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 43
mybad, in that case, it depends on how they order their woodies.

if its some little kid wanting to "pimp out" his cans, thats horrible, i think thats where cans like the this originate. but yeha, some of them are VERY ugly, however... i do quite like the closed darths in all black with the more exotic woods, and even the darth skybeyers, as they dont have nearly as much wood.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #19 of 43
I'm not sure if this question was about the handsomeness(vs otherwise) of Darths, or Darth owners.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #21 of 43
I think they look excellent. So much so that unheard I ordered a pair:

darth2.jpg

I'm still not 100% sure I buy into their sound, but for beauty they can't be beat. I do use them for certain recordings but right now they are more an example of Larry's art than a full time can for me. And before the flaming begins, that is just one old bald guy's opinion.

And no, I ain't sellin' 'em.

A_Sr.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they look excellent. So much so that unheard I ordered a pair:

Perfect example of blocky looking darth beyers. The wood and the lacquer, finishing and cable all look great, so why doesn't he make them look organic and smooth like at W5000, W2002, or denon 5000? All other wooden headphones look great to me, but they don't look blocky like larrys beyer mods generally seem to. Maybe he deemed they sounded best when carved in such a way, who knows Oo.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Above post actually belongs to one of the exceptions. That's a great looking can. The others have way too much curves that don't fit the headband well in my opinion.

Haha, seems it is even possible to agree on this matter, but for opposing reasons
wink.gif
Conclusion: Personal taste.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #25 of 43
I like the look of most of them. Some of them are downright gorgeous. Some of them are just "meh" to me. But all in all, I would like to have one.

OTOH, I think the Grado RS-2 was crap.

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 43
I want someone to honestly tell me these are anything but beautiful:

DSC01280.jpg

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #27 of 43
^Agreed

I absolutely love the look of Darth Beyers, I have no need for higher-end closed cans, but these are still one of the few on the list of what I would consider if I ever decide to upgrade again. I think Darths look great.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #28 of 43
Not a fan. Headphones + paying extra for wood =
confused.gif
with me. I just don't like it enough on headphones for that.

I would buy a factory wood finish 'phone if it sounded great. But adding it to a non-woodie? For lotsa cash? Nah, not me.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #29 of 43
Some I like, others I don't. All depends on the wood used and the design.

There are many people who love the look and feel of wood, so they have appeal.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #30 of 43
Mindless, what is your opinion on these?

371151148_d80c880162.jpg

371151299_d68d856ee2.jpg

Think they look bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back