Darth Beyer or Denon AH-D2000
Sep 14, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #46 of 58
Funny thing is that I was kinda planning that, just because I'll get curious, I see thats a big problem here at head-fi. Anywho, now the next problem is....what portable amp will drive the D2000.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #47 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny thing is that I was kinda planning that, just because I'll get curious, I see thats a big problem here at head-fi. Anywho, now the next problem is....what portable amp will drive the D2000.

You're in luck -- they are easy to drive.

I burned-in my Tomahawk amp on my D2000, and also D5000 -- terrific sound quality, and plenty power left over.

My little $99 HeadRoom Total Airhead amp (one of my extra "spare" amps) also drives them very well.

For the money, the Tomahawk is a really nice portable amp, with VERY long battery life. It is amazing!

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #48 of 58
The D2000's are very easy to drive so any amp should do the job. Personally, I use a Supermicro IV.

Sep 14, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by bungle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the bassiness of the Darths translate to good low-volume listening? What about D2000s?

The Darths are VERY good for low-volume listening.

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe your source does not present the material at its full potential?

I have all high-end reference stuff to use -- could make a big difference.

Highly likely, since it's onboard sound right now. I've been putting off an upgrade since I'm going overseas for who knows how long, so I've just purchased an iMod instead. Hopefully it won't make some of my music unenjoyable though...

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're in luck -- they are easy to drive.

I burned-in my Tomahawk amp on my D2000, and also D5000 -- terrific sound quality, and plenty power left over.

My little $99 HeadRoom Total Airhead amp (one of my extra "spare" amps) also drives them very well.

For the money, the Tomahawk is a really nice portable amp, with VERY long battery life. It is amazing!

Wow these headphones just keep becomeing more and more positive, Well then the tomahawk it is as well, now it wont have week bass comeing from the tomahawk because I've heard its big brother the hornet has more bass but I'm assuming that the tomahawk will do well too. I really like that whole long battery life.

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Darths are VERY good for low-volume listening.

How about the D5000s? The Denons seem better for metal but I want to keep it down.

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #54 of 58
Also good. Very good.

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #57 of 58
From reading 6moons. They have a point. Darth Beyers simply look amazing. But according to this reviewer.

"The modded Beyers are okay. I don't see much value in them because the stock ones are simply atrocious."

Even after all the work, recabling, wood, this reviewer prefers other headphones.

Unfortunately cause these Darth are so rare. I would think the only way to decide to with them is to hear them. Are they really what you want or are you better off getting an entirely different headphone that might be better despite being unmodified, errr, better for you that is. Its not like you can go I don't like them and return them.

Feb 3, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #58 of 58
Sorry to resurrect the old thread,
but I need opinions on Darth Beyer vs D2000.
D2000 is a good headphone, but does darth beyer is a significant upgrade over D2000?

Should I go recable my D2000 or sell it then buy Darth Beyer?
Can someone here give me a comparison between open vs closed DB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back