Darkvoice just released 332
Nov 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #1,846 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The designer at LA FIGARO is in contact with me at the DARKVOICE 3322 thread. Go to the penultimate page and you'll find the postings by him. Then maybe you could PM him and sort things out.

Tubes for the 332 are not very expensive: in fact they're very reasonable. A pair of good M8100s or 6AK5Ws might range from around £10-20. the 6S19Ps can be bought in bulk from good Russian sellers: around £20 for 8.

I'm guessing it's yuking09? thanks for the help btw

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #1,847 of 1,892
Yes, he's just posted new pics of his range of LA FIGARO amps. PM him and see what he can do? A review would be nice.
wink_face.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #1,848 of 1,892
Quote:

Yes, he's just posted new pics of his range of LA FIGARO amps. PM him and see what he can do? A review would be nice.
wink_face.gif

Heh. Yeah I have. I do like the design of the DV 3322 and I'd be interested to see the improvements made. Currently I don't have a high budget though which is why I had been hoping to get the EF1 second hand, but no one seems to want to ship it overseas, but I might have an option on the DV 332. If the LA FIGARO ones ain't too high (for me that is), then I could look into it.

I'd really like to be able to afford a few setups someday so that I get a better understanding of all the audiophile terms and be able to give better input when people ask for advice. If only I wasn't a student. lol

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #1,849 of 1,892
Money's a bitch, isn't it! It's the audio bug, once you've caught it you're lost. I've been at it for years now and there's always something you'd chop you left leg off for!

I was a student many, many years ago. I saved or got my parents to buy me stuff for birthdays and x-mas. Also companies releasing new equipment often sell samples at a reduced price. I bought a sample AUDIOTAILOR HM-1 for review for a substantially reduced price. That reminds me, have you thought about the AUDIOTAILOR JADE - great little amp!

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #1,850 of 1,892
Quote:

Money's a bitch, isn't it! It's the audio bug, once you've caught it you're lost. I've been at it for years now and there's always something you'd chop you left leg off for!

I was a student many, many years ago. I saved or got my parents to buy me stuff for birthdays and x-mas. Also companies releasing new equipment often sell samples at a reduced price. I bought a sample AUDIOTAILOR HM-1 for review for a substantially reduced price. That reminds me, have you thought about the AUDIOTAILOR JADE - great little amp!

Haha...yeah it is and I've stopped working now, so it's really hard. My parents don't exactly buy me anything actually. lol. My mother doesn't really believe in celebrating birthdays so errr...yeah. The first 'present' I ever got was last year. haha...I'm only halfway through my course and I have another 3 years to go. Shrugs. I really really love music, but I don't have the time to go as in depth as everyone else though I wish I had the intellect and money to do it!

Just had a look at the Jade, interesting proposition that and Skylab gave it a decent review as well from my quick skim through. I might have a look at it. $300 + shipping though and it weighs a fair bit. lol. Was hoping not to overstep $250, let alone $300. Damn this is another expensive hobby! And I wanted to pick up photography at some point too.

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #1,851 of 1,892
Don't get me started on photography - love it! Spent most of the summer - or what passes for summer where I live - clambering through fields, taking photographs for a book I'm writing. Loved every minute of it, but wrecked a FUJI S9500 in the process.
angry_face.gif

The JADE is a great little amp, and Joseph at AUDIOTAILOR is great to deal with. Don't want ot confuse the matter but have you thought of the SHANLING PH300?

SHANLING PH300 TUBE PREAMP HEADPHONE AMPIFIER FOR DAC on eBay (end time 11-Nov-09 17:32:18 GMT)

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #1,852 of 1,892
Quote:

Don't get me started on photography - love it! Spent most of the summer - or what passes for summer where I live - clambering through fields, taking photographs for a book I'm writing. Loved every minute of it, but wrecked a FUJI S9500 in the process.
angry_face.gif

The JADE is a great little amp, and Joseph at AUDIOTAILOR is great to deal with. Don't want ot confuse the matter but have you thought of the SHANLING PH300?

SHANLING PH300 TUBE PREAMP HEADPHONE AMPIFIER FOR DAC on eBay (end time 11-Nov-09 17:32:18 GMT)

Heh. My brother is a photographer. I just don't have the cash to splash or I would venture into it as well. heh. I was told to look in the direction of the shanling ph100 at one point as well. heh. geez. no idea where to head towards now.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #1,853 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh. My brother is a photographer. I just don't have the cash to splash or I would venture into it as well. heh. I was told to look in the direction of the shanling ph100 at one point as well. heh. geez. no idea where to head towards now.

you already have a really nice portable rig

If I were you I'd save up for something really really nice
though I know nothing of this shanling you speak

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #1,856 of 1,892
$625 sounds a bit steep to me, especially if you have to pay shipping as well. The new model 337 can be bought for around $560 (plus shipping of course) but it has all the upgraded components: VISHAY output caps, DALE/VISHAY resistors, etc.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #1,857 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm more or less gonna be trying to power the K701/2s out of the rig. I've read up a fair bit but there seems to be so much divided opinion, I really don't have a clue. And if I decide on the DV 332, it's now no longer in production. That and I'm going to have to learn about tubes haha..

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/tub...04/index2.html
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/akg...39/index6.html

Those were the topics I had a quick skim through where the DV was highlighted along with the K70x. Any input based on your experience would be useful =) thanks btw.

Oh..and I was wondering how it would compare with the EF-1 based on the below review, but it is quite hard to get a hold of at the moment.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/ef1...pdated-428108/

I've tried the Dark Voice 332 w/ the HD600, HD650, and K701. I personally believe they sound fantastic. As for my Grado HF2, not so much so.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f43/fs-omz-2-5a-458677/

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #1,858 of 1,892
I have some questions about tubes with La Figaro 332C... I know this is a Darkvoice thread, but DV332 and La Figaro 332C are almost the same and they use the same types of tubes.... Plus there's not many owning a 332C, 'cause they started selling them very recently...

I haven't bought the 332C yet... I will get two pairs of tubes with the amp, (not the stock ones..). I will get one pair of "NOS Svetlana 6S19-V" power tubes (I think they will be good), and then I get one pair of "NOS Philips ECG 5654W" driver tubes...

Are the driver tubes good ? And I know different tubes are good at different types of music and stuff... So, are these good if you listen to rock music, like for example music from the band "Kings Of Leon" ? Or should I get others for that ? I don't like it when the highs are harsh...

It would be great if you could link to where I can buy the tubes you advice about (if you do..). It would be great if it was in Europe (even better in Sweden), but it doesn't have to...

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #1,860 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated version is called Darkvoice 3322

2009 Brand New Version Darkvoice 3322 Headphone Amp - eBay (item 180443497143 end time Jan-08-10 04:50:19 PST)

I don't know if you were quoting my post.... I don't know if I'm totally right, but I think the two persons owning Darkvoice split up and one of them started the company La Figaro... La Figaro has just started selling their amps. Their amps are basically upgrades form the Darkvoice amps... You can find the 332C on this site BOYIER, on this site you can also find La Figaro 332S, an upgraded DV3322 and La Figaro 336C, an upgraded DV336

Picture of La Figaro 332C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back