Darkvoice just released 332
Aug 9, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #1,667 of 1,892
You're right, the 3322 is technically the same amp, but with the upgraded parts. It has, however, two independent volume controls. The external design of the case is also radically different.

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #1,668 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're right, the 3322 is technically the same amp, but with the upgraded parts. It has, however, two independent volume controls. The external design of the case is also radically different.

Does it also have a dual power supply, or "pseudo dual power supply" - one for each channel, which each POT controls?

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #1,669 of 1,892
Well... I fear I've made a big mistake!

I've sold my DV332 to upgrade to the DV337, or SP Extreme, or WA6+.

But... listening to my DV332 with the Ulys and M8100s this weekend, before packing it up... it is hard to believe any of those amps, will sound any better, if as good! The Ulys... by the way... make a good combo with the M8100s - they're brighter, and more detailed than the Svets... and... the Mullards mellow them just a bit and provide rich mids, and solid bass - a bit more resolution - really complements the Senns.

I think, I just hadn't rolled enough tubes, or allowed it to burn in enough earlier.

It really does sound incredible out of my HD580/600s or MD5000s driven by my Monarchy M24 - simply incredible in all respects!

Call it "seller's remorse" if you will - but, I really doubt there are many amps that sound any better.

A stupid mistake - hopefully the replacement will sound as good!

Oh well...

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #1,671 of 1,892
Agree Gradofan2, the Uly's and the M8100's are close to perfect match. I settled for them early, and none other combination I have tried have sound as good.

Aug 16, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #1,672 of 1,892
Do u guys with the 650 hooked up your 332 use a equalizer? I experimented a bit, and really like the eq in the following picture,

eqpf1.jpg

In many songs vocals are more seperated from the reset of the music using this eq. Also, most electronics had overpowering bass imo without using a eq, and is much better with this eq on
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #1,673 of 1,892
Using mullards m8100 and Svets for tubes btw, may just be this combo that is so bass heavy.

Aug 16, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #1,674 of 1,892
Hey guys, my 332 was just released from customs in San Francisco yesterday morning. Due to recieve it either today or monday, seeing as I live about twenty minutes from the city!

Will try to update soon with impressions.

biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #1,675 of 1,892
cheer! where did you get it? when did you order it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, my 332 was just released from customs in San Francisco yesterday morning. Due to recieve it either today or monday, seeing as I live about twenty minutes from the city!

Will try to update soon with impressions.

biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #1,677 of 1,892
Just recieved it guys! Bought it from Audiophile china about two weeks ago.

Okay, so the power cord included was a 250v cord rather than a 110v cord, so am I correct in saying that I should just go buy a 110v cord from Radioshack or something?

Also, this is really dumb, but the black... protectors (sorry, don't really know what they are, I think they're supposed to prolong the life of the tube?) are not coming off. Theres a 99% chance I am just crazy and don't know how to take them off however... So, help?

biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Nevermind about the black caps, got them off. The tubes are a bit crooked though, some of them are angled a tiny bit to the side. Is that normal?

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #1,678 of 1,892
Quote:

Just recieved it guys! Bought it from Audiophile china about two weeks ago.

Okay, so the power cord included was a 250v cord rather than a 110v cord, so am I correct in saying that I should just go buy a 110v cord from Radioshack or something?

Also, this is really dumb, but the black... protectors (sorry, don't really know what they are, I think they're supposed to prolong the life of the tube?) are not coming off. Theres a 99% chance I am just crazy and don't know how to take them off however... So, help?

biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Nevermind about the black caps, got them off. The tubes are a bit crooked though, some of them are angled a tiny bit to the side. Is that normal?

wow, i thought audiophile china is out of stock for the 332

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #1,679 of 1,892
You must press down on them and twist counter-clockwise until the slots/extrusions line up at their base with a nipple and then they lift up and off.

Check the back of the amp to see if it has a 120 volt label, or 240 volt label.

If 120 volt then you can buy a power cord at RS, or order an Iron Lung Jellyfish, or whatever for 120 volt power.

If you have the 240 volt amp, then you must buy a voltage transfomer converter to operate it.

Let me know, if you need the later - I've got a great vendor with good products at good prices.

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #1,680 of 1,892
Quote:

That's perfectly normal, since DV amps aren't known for the best quality tube sockets. Just be sure that every tube is secure (pressing them down gently to be sure they're all the way down).

If you were to upgrade, I think tubes upgrade should be your first priority; then fuse or power cord. I myself noticed greater improvements with this particular amp from fuse upgrade than swapping a power cord.

You can refer to my and other members' posts in this thread about the correct type of fuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back