Darkvoice just released 332
Nov 7, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #857 of 1,892
Jasmine told me to get a 220v for Australia. Does it actually matter?

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #858 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jasmine told me to get a 220v for Australia. Does it actually matter?

i guess Australia should be 240v

think it is abit more safer if you get the 240v version

you would not want your amp to burst into fire right?

cool.gif

edit 1: should be 240v instead of 140v
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #859 of 1,892
Well thats weird. Jasmine told me to get a 240V for Australia so he/shes wrong? I haven't actually paid for it yet, waiting for a white one to be in stock.

Nov 7, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #860 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well thats weird. Jasmine told me to get a 240V for Australia so he/shes wrong? I haven't actually paid for it yet, waiting for a white one to be in stock.

The 220v/240v issue has been briefly discussed earlier in this thread - see:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...1&postcount=49
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...1&postcount=50

If you do go with a 220v transformer and use it here in Australia with 240v supply, you are putting 10% more power into the transformer - which logically must mean that there is more power being provided throughout the circuit, which can only mean more heat and possibly will lead to shortened valve life and could have an effect on the sound -good or bad I dont know.

Ive not tried the 220v model so cant comment on whether there is any diffrence, but seeing the 332 is available with a 240v transformer then it makes a lot of sense to just get the 240v version for Australia.

Nov 7, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #861 of 1,892
um... don't want to but in, but I had my DV 332 shipped from China to Australia via tracked ems...by a guy called JianLiu (Authorised supplier), who I confirmed today is still able to offer this service.. He was spot on in every way... Superb service..you can PM me for his email, and I specifically requested the 240V model which is the only version I would run on Aussie power, he arranged it from the supplier.. you have to consider (depending on your location) a swing in Voltage of up to 5%.. I wouldn't recommend running a 220V 332 here
frown.gif

um.. the other quick thing i wanted to mention is that you guys have a lot to answer for.. I was quite happy with my (gasp) stock tubes, until I happened upon this thread.. I now have RCA's, Mullard's, Chelmers' (rebranded Mullards ???) and WE's plus a set of dirty russians for the tall bottle replacements on the way... please don't suggest any more tubes.. I implore you...
wink.gif

Can anyone with these listed tubes and 990's comment on the match ?

Would you like to know more ?

Cans: Beyer Dt-770 PRO (600ohm), DT-990 PRO (250 ohm), Grado SR -80's..
BTW... I have owned listened to and recorded music with the 770's for 15 years
wink.gif
- I really know those suckers...

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #862 of 1,892
Sorry, one last thing... I have had my DV 332 since July... I have plugged my 770's into many things, but was really stunned (doesn't happen that often) after the 332 was about 20 hrs old on stock tubes..

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #863 of 1,892
ok. i'm like trying to decide now. lol. So how does this 332 fare against the dodge and bada ph12? better? lol. cause i'm trying to find more reviews. going to buy 3 units of the better amp.

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #864 of 1,892
I was going to buy the BADA, but was told by the guy at Cattylink that they were having technical problems with the trannys - its a hybrid design. So shifted my attention elsewhere.

As far as I know, the Dodge is a single-ended design, so plenty of midrange bloom and warmth to the sound. The 332 is more clinical - there is tube character there, especially openess in the midrange, but it is more "in you face", revealing, with great drive and bass extension.

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #866 of 1,892
Transistors, yes. I think the BADA has always had probems in this area. But the problems may now be solved as Cattylink are still selling them.

I can't directly compare them because I haven't heard the BADA, but from reports it's an excellent amp. The 332 is a simpler piece if kit. With the HD650s and high impedance cans it is superb - some say the best at under $1000.

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #867 of 1,892
Bad news. Jasmine emailed be today and said my amp had no sound through one channel so I guess the wait will be a few days longer
frown.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #868 of 1,892
Though you must be disappointed, it's good that Jasmine checks them before they leave. It saves you all the extra hassle of shipping it back to her. Hope you get your 332 soon.

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #870 of 1,892
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though you must be disappointed, it's good that Jasmine checks them before they leave. It saves you all the extra hassle of shipping it back to her. Hope you get your 332 soon.

Very true. Sending it back would have been a major pain in the ass and 10 times worse than waiting a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back