Darkvoice 337 - A Review
Nov 23, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #691 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... that's terrible!

And... they're also Audiophile China - so I guess that would rule out Audiophile China as well!

I guess I'd contact Jasmine HiFi and see if they can get it for you - they used to sell them. And... as I recall they have a good reputation.

eBay Store - Jasmine Hifi Audio Store:

Already a step ahead of you
smily_headphones1.gif
I placed an order with Jasmine 10 seconds after I verified that the refund was in my PayPal.

I would not rule out AudiophileChina because they are the ones that actually helped me get the refund! I emailed them since casque is supposedly supported by them... I didn't get a response for a few days but once they responded they resolved the issue pretty quickly and I had my refund that same day. They also offered to place an order with them for the 110v version and they assured me it was in stock... but since their communication is pretty slow I decided to order with Jasmine. Jasmine assured me that they had what I needed and they responded to my email promptly.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #692 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Already a step ahead of you
smily_headphones1.gif
I placed an order with Jasmine 10 seconds after I verified that the refund was in my PayPal.

I would not rule out AudiophileChina because they are the ones that actually helped me get the refund! I emailed them since casque is supposedly supported by them... I didn't get a response for a few days but once they responded they resolved the issue pretty quickly and I had my refund that same day. They also offered to place an order with them for the 110v version and they assured me it was in stock... but since their communication is pretty slow I decided to order with Jasmine. Jasmine assured me that they had what I needed and they responded to my email promptly.

Well... that's good to hear. Hopefully Audiophile China has much better customer service than their Casque HiFi division.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #693 of 909
I believe Audiophile China and Casque HiFi are operated by the same people. My experience with them is ok, but not excellent. They ship fast, responded my email fast, but didn't help at all once the item was shipped out. The risk of buying products in china is that once the item shipped out, even within the warranty, it may not worth the cost to send back to china for a repair. especially the minor issues. I have banana plugs which hold the tube cover damaged during shipment, they refused to send me the replacement...

Nov 26, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #695 of 909
Has anyone ever compared DV337 with other amps (e.g. Heed Canamp) for K701?

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #696 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickEC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Browse / Search through the DV337 threads - you'll find several comments about how the DV337 compares to other amps with phones, etc.

The one comparing the DV337 to the Bada by Partaburd... and... some comments by Skylab, etc. Partaburd's comments are related to the K501, and HD600... I think.

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #698 of 909
It's interesting that they "hid" the little input tubes behind the output tubes. Is there an engineering reason for doing this? Or is it a screwup because they wanted to showcase the big glass up front?

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #699 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's interesting that they "hid" the little input tubes behind the output tubes. Is there an engineering reason for doing this? Or is it a screwup because they wanted to showcase the big glass up front?

x2. I had the same complaint. Visually, it would look more appealing to me with the 6SJ7s in front of the 6AS7s. With 6080s, it looks downright ugly.

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #700 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I had the same complaint. Visually, it would look more appealing to me with the 6SJ7s in front of the 6AS7s. With 6080s, it looks downright ugly.

Totally agree. My mesh-plate 6SJ7GT's look UBER cool - too bad you can;t see them
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #701 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickEC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As Gradofan intimated, I did compare the Darkvoice 337 v. Bada PH-12, both in their stock configurations, with respect to the (120 ohm) K501. My verdict was that the Bada unquestionably drove the K501 better. I never heard the (62 ohm) K701 driven by the 337, but really enjoyed the Bada/K701 pairing. Others attest to an excellent synergy between the 337 and K701, though.

Of the headphones I did get a chance to try with the Darkvoice 337 (including the SR-80, D2000, D5000, K501, DT880/2003, HD600 and HD650), the HD650 were by far the best served by the 337, with the DT880/2003 coming in at a close second. Everything else on my list, save the HD600, did not, IMHE, pair well with the DV337.

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #702 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree. My mesh-plate 6SJ7GT's look UBER cool - too bad you can;t see them
frown.gif

They do some interesting things. If you go to their webpage and look at the 337SE, the tube cage in their promotional phots is crooked. Ok, so that happened and it was not initially caught, but don't you think someone has mentioned this to them. Yet it's still there. Additionally looking at the photo, who could have missed that during proofing!

http://www.darkvoice.com.cn/

Strange!

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #703 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcibiades /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot. I just placed my order.

Did you get the 337SE, I'm kinda wanting one of them also. Do tell what it is like when you get it! I am waiting for an Ebay December 10% Coupon!

Here's my collection of SE pix, this shows the original SE and some spy photos from the new version. If you can open yours and shoot some pix of the wiring it would be greatly appreciated!

Da PIX!!

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #704 of 909
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Da PIX!!

Nice pics!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back