Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jan 30, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #751 of 823
I am running a 5692 red base and the stock 6as7. Has anyone tried the sovtek or Svetlana 6as7?
let me know.
Thanks
3000smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #752 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigman18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am running a 5692 red base and the stock 6as7. Has anyone tried the sovtek or Svetlana 6as7?
let me know.
Thanks
3000smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Yes I was using the Sovtek. I liked it just fine.

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #753 of 823
Quote:

let me know.
Thanks
3000smile.gif
eggosmile.gif

how is that 5692 in the front? Can you compare it to a GE and RCA 6SN7GTB?

Right now im using a RCA 6AS7G in the back and a RCA 6SN7GTB in the front. Very nice musically, seperation is nice, bass is decent, a tad light in that area. However the cleaness of the sound is nice. If i switch the back to a GE 6080 (6AS7G straight glass) it seems to lose a small amount of detail and seperation, but gains some punchie'ness to lows and mids.

I also have a GE 6SN7GTB for the front, i can really tell a difference between this and my RCA.

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #754 of 823
Sorry if this sounds stupid, bare with me
tongue.gif

Would any of these work with a 336i?
6AU6 (EF94)
ECF802
6CB6A
PCF805
EL36
EH90
EAA91
6AV6
EF85
ECF80
ECF82
PCC189
ECF802

A seller on a local auction site selling 171 of the mentioned nos valves for around $0.50usd each.

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #755 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this sounds stupid, bare with me
tongue.gif

Would any of these work with a 336i?
6AU6 (EF94)
ECF802
6CB6A
PCF805
EL36
EH90
EAA91
6AV6
EF85
ECF80
ECF82
PCC189
ECF802

A seller on a local auction site selling 171 of the mentioned nos valves for around $0.50usd each.

I dont think any of those would work....i could be wrong though...

Its 6AS7/6080 in the rear (HAWT) and 6SN7 in the front.....

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #756 of 823
Well I am no longer a member of the Darkvoice 336 club. I just sold mine to fellow a head-fier who will get to use it more than I have been. While I love the amp, I wasn't able to use it much now with having a new baby in the house.

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #757 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I am no longer a member of the Darkvoice 336 club. I just sold mine to fellow a head-fier who will get to use it more than I have been. While I love the amp, I wasn't able to use it much now with having a new baby in the house.

Iceroid?

You know I'm going to send you a blown up framed photo of my new DV project amps once they're done simply as a torture, because I have a reputation to uphold.
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #758 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is that 5692 in the front? Can you compare it to a GE and RCA 6SN7GTB?

Right now im using a RCA 6AS7G in the back and a RCA 6SN7GTB in the front. Very nice musically, seperation is nice, bass is decent, a tad light in that area. However the cleaness of the sound is nice. If i switch the back to a GE 6080 (6AS7G straight glass) it seems to lose a small amount of detail and seperation, but gains some punchie'ness to lows and mids.

I also have a GE 6SN7GTB for the front, i can really tell a difference between this and my RCA.

Its sounds very musical Im listening with Sr 80 ipod and I fill some distortion or muddiness in the bass I dont know if tis the amps or the cans.

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #759 of 823
Quote:

Its sounds very musical Im listening with Sr 80 ipod and I fill some distortion or muddiness in the bass I dont know if tis the amps or the cans.

Right now im trying my GE 6SN7GTB and my RCA 6AS7G and really like this combo. The detail is still nice, seems to have longer boom type feel, but hardly takes away from mids.

Im curious, i really want to try a Kenrad or Tung-sol in the front and sovtek in the back. Dam though, thats prob a good 100$ in tubes hehehe

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #760 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now im trying my GE 6SN7GTB and my RCA 6AS7G and really like this combo. The detail is still nice, seems to have longer boom type feel, but hardly takes away from mids.

Im curious, i really want to try a Kenrad or Tung-sol in the front and sovtek in the back. Dam though, thats prob a good 100$ in tubes hehehe

Those are definitely my favorite tubes, you should give them a try. You could always sell those 2 tubes without a loss.

Wait 'til you boys see my "Darkvoice On Steroids" setup. It'll even scare the hell out of Schwarzenegger! Might be a little while before it's done, but you can't rush these things. Oh did I mention Fitz is the genious in charge?

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #761 of 823
I have a rca smoke glass,hytron,ken rad and a few othes that work with the darkvoice that dont hum or nothing. I switched to 12 volt for the front tube. I would like to sell them reasonabley. Anyone interested? I also have a Ken-rad,Rca(harmonic-needs a c-ring)and another that i dont remember. If anyone would like the whole bunch let me know And I will sell them as a bunch reasonably.I will take a photo if anyone shows interest. PM ME

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #762 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a rca smoke glass,hytron,ken rad and a few othes that work with the darkvoice that dont hum or nothing. I switched to 12 volt for the front tube. I would like to sell them reasonabley. Anyone interested? I also have a Ken-rad,Rca(harmonic-needs a c-ring)and another that i dont remember. If anyone would like the whole bunch let me know And I will sell them as a bunch reasonably.I will take a photo if anyone shows interest. PM ME

Kenrad a black glass VT231? Tested it by chance and how much? I might be interested.

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #763 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put these on the darkvoice topic since these were all the tubes I used in the darkvoice.When I went to 12.6 volts I bought several Mullard tubes and they sound fantastic. They cost me about 20 dollars apiece at 12.6 volts but cost a fortune at 6.3 volts. I have the tubes I like and will not go back to 6.3 volts so all my 6.3 are just sitting around taking space.Dont take me wrong the 6.3 tubes are still good, but just cant compete with the Mullard-marconi line of tubes for smoothness. Thats why there so expensive. If you can afford them there great at 6.3.

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #764 of 823
Yes its v-231. Not nos. About 75% if I remember right. If you want a 1-2 punch, I would suggest the ken rad and the rca smoke glass also. The rca is smoothest you can get for a american made tube. The ken rad is not as smooth, but does have the bass for shure. But I am looking for someone to take the whole bunch,6sn7gt and 6as7g. How about 50 bucks buys the whole bunch. Tube rolling on the cheap. I probably spent well over 100 dollars on these when I was tube rolling.Before anyone makeing a offer let me get a picture up. If no one is intersested I will sell seperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back