Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jan 8, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #736 of 823
Just got my DV guys and im in love to say the least. Its not stock tubes however. I tried them and they just didnt sound as nice. I have been going back and forth between my DV and the Heed. I can tell you that to my ears, i like the sound of the tubes better. Not that the Heed doesnt sound good. Its amazing for such a little device. I just love the warmth that i get with tubes.

p3120986largeus3.jpg

Jan 8, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #737 of 823
i was gonna get a heed but i'm glad i was patient and experimented with the h5 first. i compared my h5 to my bro's ld2+ and really liked his more so i upgraded to the DV which i have now and i love. dt 990 arrives tomorrow according to ups!

Jan 8, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #738 of 823
HighLife - Very nice. I'm thinking about getting a Darkvoice as well to power my K340s. Please post impressions if possible
340smile.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #739 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HighLife - Very nice. I'm thinking about getting a Darkvoice as well to power my K340s. Please post impressions if possible
340smile.gif

The 340s and DV was a great combo. The last meet (12-2) i got to hear Boomana's woody 340s and the DV. I liked it soo much, i bought her DV today at the mini meet. The woody 340s and the Heed are hers. These are only on loan for a week so i can test it between tube and SS.

Honestly..i love the warm sound you get from the tubes and the 340. I really enjoy any acoustic type of music with this combo. You can really hear the pluck of the string. Its a small soundstage though, maybe this is due to the woody, i dont know. I have never heard a normal 340 so i can tell you how they differ. The bass is nice, clear and controlled...maybe in certain music it might get alittle flabby. It all depends on how you like it. I much rather nice clear controlled bass over the flabbiness. The hi's are great..clear and crisp. They do at times seem like they are going to get harsh..however they still hold that nice clear sound through the range of music. The mids sound great, maybe a tad recessed..however i enjoy that.

All in All, its a nice combo. I think you will be pleased with it depending on your genre of music. Not that i dont think it would perform great in all. I know people tastes for music are different so.

Jan 9, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #740 of 823
Hi,

Anyone got in touch with Jian Liu lately?

I have emailed him at ljra2@hotmail.com a couple of days ago (three actually) inquiring after the 336i and the new 332 and haven't heard from him yet.

If anyone is in regular contact with him could you please pass on to me his current contact details?

Thanks

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #741 of 823
What other tubes are you guys using and how would you rank them....thoughts on sound differences?

Just want to get a idea of what everyone has tried.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #742 of 823
I use RCA 6SN7GT "Grey Glass" and Svetlana 6N13S in my amp. I tried a lot of tubes, some very expensive, but those were the ones I ended up preferring for my own system.

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #743 of 823
Right now i have a Sylvania 6N7GTB and something tronic 6080.

what were you impressions on some other tubes...not that i want to change...cause i like my setup. Just wondering what else there is out there and how they rank up to one another =)

Jan 9, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #744 of 823
My favorite tubes for the K340 are the Kenrad Black glass VT231/Raytheon 6080 because of the beautiful bass the Kenrad supplies, but a very close runner up is the Tung-Sol 6SN7GT/Sovtek 6AS7G, for the absolutely incredible lushness it gives to female vocals.

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #745 of 823
I just heard from Jian Liu, I also asked him about the DarkVoice 332, and he said that it is much better than the 336i, now I am in two minds, the 336i seems to be well proven, with a fairly wide user feedback, while the 332 is a new unit that has not been extensively commented upon.

The price difference between the 336i and the 332 is not that great.

I have an Prodigy 7.1 Hi Fi sound card that I will be running the amp off, would I be better off getting the 332 and running it straight from the sound card or getting the 336i and buying a cheap DAC?

I have a Sennheiser HD-580 headphone.

I wish I knew enough about tube amps to make my mind up.

Jan 10, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #746 of 823
has anyone ever worn out a tube with their DV?

Jan 21, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #747 of 823
Well am I no longer part of team Darkvoice, after selling my main rig.
frown.gif

I still plan to stick around here on Head-Fi, and help anybody with any questions about the Darkvoice, but I'll only be working from memory.

Jan 22, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #748 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well am I no longer part of team Darkvoice, after selling my main rig.
frown.gif

I still plan to stick around here on Head-Fi, and help anybody with any questions about the Darkvoice, but I'll only be working from memory.

My flag's flying at half mast.
frown.gif
What are you amping your F5000's with now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back