Darkest Desires Part V
Dec 21, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #2,146 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes called a couple days ago....they said wait till after Xmas before they can do anything, no package yet
mad.gif

I see part of my problem.......I selected the free shipping option as usual but if you look closely it says ships first class/media. If your package weight is over a certain amount it ships by media mail not first class, then if over $100 gets upgrade to priority mail.

My package of 5 CDs was under $100 but so heavy it shipped by media mail during Xmas rush
mad.gif

I should have upgraded my shipping for a few dollars more or made two smaller orders that would have both shipped first class.

Could be, but I have confirmed that someone else bought around the same time with the “free shipping” and their package arrived weeks ago. Oh well, enough of that.

The new Alcest is based on an interesting lyrical concept about some childhood dreams, from what I understand. While, not black metal in any sense, it seems as if the record does evoke an interesting mood. I put this style close to Amesoeurs. Production is not horrible. It should be interesting to see how it holds up over a few more spins.

Also, Sleep :Sleep's Holy Mountain, arrived today.

Dec 21, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #2,147 of 2,645
Quote:

Wait I already have some AN albums I forgot about:
Anorexia Nervosa - Drudenhaus
Anorexia Nervosa - Redemption Process

Newest CD not yet available at The End, but I will watch for its arrival sounds like I will like it very much!

It's actually not their newest CD, it's the one released prior to Redemption Process. So if The End doesn't have it now, they are very unlikely to get it at all
frown.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #2,148 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's actually not their newest CD, it's the one released prior to Redemption Process. So if The End doesn't have it now, they are very unlikely to get it at all
frown.gif

Wait they do have it in stock......order has been placed, who knows when it will ever arrive however
frown.gif

Opeth - Roundhouse Tapes 2CD Live
Just bought this at local Best Buy for same price as normal 1 CD release. OMG the packaging is just first class, a 4 panel digipak with slip cover. Look closely at slip cover artwork......the mask is gloss finish and rest is matte finish giving 3D effect when lit a certain way, very cool. The booklet has sepia tone (brown tint) images of band members playing live, the CD labels are very plain looking but contrast all the images on the digipak panels giving it a balanced look, this package cost the record company some money for sure, looks absolutely first class all the way!

Dec 21, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #2,149 of 2,645
Quote:

Yes called a couple days ago....they said wait till after Xmas before they can do anything, no package yet
mad.gif

I see part of my problem.......I selected the free shipping option as usual but if you look closely it says ships first class/media. If your package weight is over a certain amount it ships by media mail not first class, then if over $100 gets upgrade to priority mail.

When I placed my latest order today I see The End removed the first class wording from the free USA shipping option......now says only media mail
mad.gif

So now if you want faster shipping must pay for priority mail or spend over $100 for free priority mail shipping

Dec 22, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #2,150 of 2,645
Quote:

When I placed my latest order today I see The End removed the first class wording from the free USA shipping option......now says only media mail
mad.gif

So now if you want faster shipping must pay @$4 for priority mail or spend over $100 for free priority mail shipping

blah that suuucks...

Dec 26, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #2,151 of 2,645
The End hold their internet order stuff in Germany now (not sure why), I stopped ordering from them a while ago because things simply just took too long.

Recently I've been having a crack at Polish Death Thrash band, Vader. Good band, I like their early to mid catalogue material.

RE: Anorexia Nervosa; heard of them before, and Nacher's recommendations are always worth checking out even if they're not what you're into. I listen to all kinds of dark music now (than when I did when I came here) so I'll check it out, have a feeling I'll enjoy this
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #2,152 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The End hold their internet order stuff in Germany now (not sure why), I stopped ordering from them a while ago because things simply just took too long.

Interesting, as they might be currency hedging like another big shop, do you happen to know if that is unique to your location or not?

Dec 26, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #2,153 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, as they might be currency hedging like another big shop, do you happen to know if that is unique to your location or not?

Don't think so, ever since they moved cities, I stopped receiving US Packages that took 6-8 business days and started receiving German packages that took 2 weeks

Dec 26, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #2,154 of 2,645
My order from 11/26/07 has still not arrived from The End
mad.gif

Will contact them again after New Years.......

Listening to newest Behemoth "apostasy" as I type.......a bit brutal compared to my peferred style, but the music is truely sick. I like the newest Arch Emeny a bit better but both are very good.

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #2,155 of 2,645
Shame about The End's mailorder side, as that is pretty much the only place I buy CDs from anymore (unless they do not have what I am looking for). I have noticed the media mail packaging, and both Moosorrow Cds that I bought had the jewel case and insert crushed into pieces, but the CDs were fine. I decided to salvage it and chalk it up to my first damaged shipment from them. I have also noticed is the longer wait time, and that is more unfortunate. I am sure that is because of the downgrade in mail service, but I have to wonder if it is because of a possible increase in postage or to pad their tiny (I presume) profit margins. Either way, I still go with them when possible, but I hope all is well with the business side.

As far as their label side is concerned, what's the deal with them sitting on Virgin Black's Trilogy like it is the plague? All of the albums should have been released already. There is not a huge following for them (unfortunately), so sitting on releases will not make much financial sense if their goal is to space them apart for profit reasons. Strike while the iron is hot, I say. Perhaps VB wants to tour for each album? Another interesting take, but I really do not see them making much money on the tours from ticket sales and merch. My feeling is that they are tied by the label, and the label sees more money in bands like Lordi (GAG!!!) and concentrates their efforts there.

Bring on Fortissimo, and bring back Priority mail...

Dec 28, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #2,156 of 2,645
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say budget. They're a small label supporting quite a few bands / licensing etc; I'm not really that surprised that they've had to delay each release. I've been out of the loop / carefactor for a while so I haven't been keeping tabs on things, you'd have to do some investigating to see what they've been releasing.

Meanwhile in other news; In June this year, two members of the Sonic Cathedral forums (one of them is the founder of Candlelight Records) started up a label called Ascendance Records. This label focuses on the female vocals metal side of things, but I wouldn't expect to see any wish-wash bands on their label considering these two people have quite good taste (one has high standards, the other likes everything).

There's a few bands on there I found interesting...

Akphaezya is supposed to be what Atrox would sound like if you mixed them with more death metal.
Witchbreed has a very meaty thrashy sound without the speed.

Haven't listened to Pin Up Went Down yet.

They've also signed some pretty good bands in UneXpect, Stolen Babies, Ebony Ark and Flowing Tears.

I don't really listen to too much of this stuff anymore, but still, I'm sure others do
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #2,157 of 2,645
Quote:

My order from 11/26/07 has still not arrived from The End
mad.gif

Will contact them again after New Years.......

Update........received a 1CD order I placed on 12/17/07 today so my larger order above is lost, filed a "problem" case at website and will also call them if no response soon after new year.

Dec 30, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #2,158 of 2,645
Quote:

Update........received a 1CD order I placed on 12/17/07 today so my larger order above is lost, filed a "problem" case at website and will also call them if no response soon after new year.

Well, I am still waiting here for my 11/13 order.

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #2,159 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I am still waiting here for my 11/13 order.

As I am sure everyone is eagerly awaiting an update on The End saga, I filed with them too.

Now, I also have been listening to Candlemass “Essential Doom.” It is really good. I generally do not like the vocal style and what not, but the vocals are well done and interesting. Especially since MM seems to have not studied formally, but they seem well controlled etc. The music itself is fun to listen to, too.

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #2,160 of 2,645
I have had a chance to listen to Darkestrah: Epos ( DARKESTRAH )
a few times and thought this disk might be of interest. Briefly, the album is based around the concept of a lake opening with the sound of waves then moving into melodic black metal. This movement holds out for a bit then we hear an acoustic guitar enter into the music, finally some cello. Moving to the end, we find chanting giving way to the waves.
Production, is fine.

Currently, I am listening to NOKTURNAL MORTUM: Lunar Poetry, which seems to me to be a great record and their best; sadly, they have been less than interesting as a whole, since LP.

Edit:

The End saga looks to be coming to an…end; they gave me store credit for the same amount as my order.Um no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back