Darkest Desires Part V
Oct 28, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #2,116 of 2,645
New Shining V out and in stock at the End.
While not as involving as I found some of the tracks on Shining 3 to be, the band continues to record solid suicidal metal with hints of “rot and roll,” or whatever later Carcass was called. Good clean fun.

Also, fans of Dissection might want to check out Watian's "Sworn to the Dark;"
seems that they have taken the best elements of Dissection along with their creativity to make a novel record.

New Ulver out, too.

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #2,117 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually found a new interesting female vox metal album, Eilera - Fusion. That band just got signed to Spinefarm Records, and that Fusion is their second album if I'm correct. Most likely no one has ever heard the first one. This one is really nice, and it's been a long time since the last time some new Spinefarm artist caught my interest. Instead of the usual goth-approach, Eilera is somehow different. The singer sounds a bit like Björk at times, and the tracks have a lot of variety. Some are metal, some more acoustic/mellow and the rest are kind of exprimental/progressive. Enverxis should order this ASAP.

I'll get right on it
smily_headphones1.gif
(bout time I checked this thread again anyway!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news for Agalloch fans...

From their website:

We have finished the Sculptured record and it will be out late 2007/early 2008 on The End Records. In other news, Agalloch just finished "The White EP" for Vendlus Records which should be out late this year, or early the next. We have a few European shows scheduled now, and our in the process of scheduling a few American ones as well, all for early next 2008. Lastly, drummer Chris Greene has been replaced by Aesop of Ludicra.

I have high hopes for this album, and hopefully The End will go nuts with the packaging like last time...

Hmmm, interesting. I really enjoyed the drumming on Ashes Against the Grain, solid and upbeat, see how the change goes.

Nov 1, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #2,119 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, new live Opeth album looks to be available already on Amazon mp3, despite the fact that the CD isn't out till the 20th.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ild=B000WGL64G

You can only buy 4 tracks right now.
I personally can't wait to get the cds. It is an amazing live cd.

Nov 1, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #2,120 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can only buy 4 tracks right now.
I personally can't wait to get the cds. It is an amazing live cd.

Only 4 can be bought individually, the whole album is available on Amazon and Itunes.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #2,121 of 2,645
I picked up Skeletonwitch's Beyond the Permafrost recently, and to be honest, even when I was buying it, I didn't think I was going to like it, but it has surprised me. I'm really enjoying it's Judas Priest/Iron Maiden meets extreme metal vibe. Oh well, chalk one up for random music purchases.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #2,122 of 2,645
Was looking at that Amazon download version of Opeth Roundhouse Tapes and noticed live Blackwater Park has running time of 18:59 vs album 12:08, perhaps there is some reason to get this afterall..........even if CD 2 only has 35 minutes

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #2,123 of 2,645
good amazon haul: maeror tri, lustmord, utumno, crimson massacre, averse sefira, semargl, bad sector, enemite.

semargl's manifest is, in my opinion, the best black metal album from 2007 -- which isn't really saying much, but it's certainly worth getting. the norsecoreisms are almost entirely gone on this release. just pure well-produced, bass-heavy, crushing black metal. the vocals are insane -- imagine the lovechild of beherit and behemoth, but deeper and more likely to send chills down your spine. meaningful industrial interludes and well-chosen samples add to the album's twisted vibe.

Nov 4, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #2,124 of 2,645
I have heard a promo of the Opeth Roundhouse tapes.

Good live CD, first chance at hearing new drummer Axe in the live mix, unfortunately he feels lacking compared to Martin Lopez. The only track I didnt notice a huge difference on was Windowpane, he covered that track quite well.

Older material still sounds better than the newer material
biggrin.gif
When, Face of Melinda, Under the Weeping Moon, The Night and the Silent Water and Demon of the Fall are a pleasure to hear live.

Nov 26, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #2,125 of 2,645
Rise From The Dead...

THE END RECORDS set release date for VIRGIN BLACK's 'Requiem - Fortissimo'

"Emotionally crippling and sonically devastating. Virgin Black's heaviest work to date." - Metal Maniacs

THE END RECORDS has set a release date of February 19th, 2008 for VIRGIN BLACK's 'Requiem - Fortissimo,' the much-anticipated follow-up to 2007's 'Requiem - Mezzo Forte.'

On its latest album - the second instalment of a trilogy - Virgin Black exhumes the death/doom vibe of early Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride albums. This is by far the band's rawest and heaviest work to date.

The album's cover art was created by esteemed fashion photographer Andrew Dunbar who's work will be seen throughout the series.

Says singer/keyboardist Rowan London about 'Requiem - Fortissimo,' "I should feel a sense of dread offering up something so atypical for us to be interrogated and scrutinized. But the fearlessness that we inhabited while writing Fortissimo and the Requiem series survives to see its unveiling. An album not so much about death as the absence of life; it's damn heavy but its countenance is far more brutal than its sound could ever be. Long live the "death choir."

Says London about the song: "The track, Silent, simultaneously represents both the divergences and links between Fortissimo and Mezzo Forte. I'm sure that it will surprise a few people."

Tracklisting:
1. The Fragile Breath
2. In Winters Ash
3. Silent
4. God in Dust
5. Lacrimosa (Gather Me)
6. Darkness
7. Forever

"Silent" can be heard on the band's myspace page: MySpace.com - Virgin Black - NEW SONG! - Adelaide, AU - Metal / Classical / Gothic - www.myspace.com/virginblackofficial

Having heard the new songs a bunch, it does not grab me as much as ...And I Am Suffering. I hope Rowan sings as well on this album. Such a voice should never be hidden...

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #2,126 of 2,645
RTN
Wow the male death vox by Rowan on that new track "silent" are very sinister and tortured and music is quite unique and fitting with all kinds of tempo variation doom/death/acoustic to develop atmosphere with angelic female vox weaving in and out of the ominous sounscape.......great intense dark work of art!

Fortissimo sounds like a real winner and the crowning acheivement of the Requiem trilogy

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #2,127 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard a promo of the Opeth Roundhouse tapes.

Good live CD, first chance at hearing new drummer Axe in the live mix, unfortunately he feels lacking compared to Martin Lopez. The only track I didnt notice a huge difference on was Windowpane, he covered that track quite well.

Older material still sounds better than the newer material
biggrin.gif
When, Face of Melinda, Under the Weeping Moon, The Night and the Silent Water and Demon of the Fall are a pleasure to hear live.

Agreed in pretty much all respects. Axe was competent but there were a number of times when I felt the lack of flourishes I know so well from Mendez were really distracting.

But "When" "Blackwater Park" and "Demon of the Fall" sounded great, and the addition of the keyboards to the two MAYH songs in particular added a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was looking at that Amazon download version of Opeth Roundhouse Tapes and noticed live Blackwater Park has running time of 18:59 vs album 12:08, perhaps there is some reason to get this afterall..........even if CD 2 only has 35 minutes

From what I've heard in advance versions, the longer version is just band introductions, which while kind of funny at times, are hardly required listening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rise From The Dead...

THE END RECORDS set release date for VIRGIN BLACK's 'Requiem - Fortissimo'

<snip>

"Silent" can be heard on the band's myspace page: MySpace.com - Virgin Black - NEW SONG! - Adelaide, AU - Metal / Classical / Gothic - www.myspace.com/virginblackofficial

Having heard the new songs a bunch, it does not grab me as much as ...And I Am Suffering. I hope Rowan sings as well on this album. Such a voice should never be hidden...

"Silent" was quite an experience. I listened ot Mezzo Forte over the long weekend for the first time in weeks and realized I had been kind of taking it for granted. I'm really looking forward to Fortissimo, and I think the sum of all 3 albums will be quite the accomplishment.

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #2,129 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took advantage of The Ends 15% off coupon after Thanksgiving and ordered:

new Graveworm
new Nightwish
both older CDs by Enslavement of Beauty

Still waiting for this order from The End to arrive................
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back