Darkest Desires PART IV
Jul 16, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #346 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
abstruse
Looks like you have been to some open air festivals to see that many groups in one month!
tongue.gif

Dimmu Boggir
Cradle of Filth - Did you see these two in club or festival? How was show?

Amazing how many bands 20-30 year old music still kicking on concert circuit:
Judas Priest
Motorhead
Saxon
Alice Cooper

Hey Darkangel,

Yeah i've been to festivals and planning on visiting some more this summer.
I dont know if you ever went to a 3/4/5 or even 8 day festival in europe?
But it's an experience everyone needs to have.
Drinking beer from 8:00 am till 4.00 am. pitching up your tent with 50.000 other music lovers. Luring girls to your tent :p and best of all seeying great bands from morning to night and just go crazy for 3 days and getting seriously wrecked. Its just great!!

Cradle of filth was great, i just can't understand that they didnt play the mainstage. It was really energetic and had a good voice that day.
I liked Dimmu but i have seen better shows of them to be honest.

set list of cradle was:

A Bruise Upon the Silent Moon
The Promise of Fever
Dusk and Her Embrace
Doberman Pharaoh
Cruelty Brought Thee Orgids
Gilded ****
Nocturnal Supremacy
A Gothic Romance (Red Roses for the Devil's Whore)
Her Ghost in the Fog
Ebony Dressed for Sunset
The Forest Whispers My Name
From the Cradle to Enslave

Alice cooper was amazing he had a fun show where he murdered a women, it looked a bit fake but we had a good laugh.

Saxon had a big following, they looked old and grey but still could teach these nu-metal kids a lesson or two, about playin a big crowd.

Its great seeying all those old masters together and after all those years still kicking ass, and getting even the young kids off their asses.

Jul 16, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #348 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
(sympathetic) LOL
Are you using that invisible ink again? ..............

OH! I must have refilled my keyboard with it by mistake.
icon10.gif

I guess some questions were never meant to be answered. oh well.
edit
It would have been nice if someone would have come up with an answer though.
mad.gif

I'm done.

Jul 16, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #349 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by abstruse
Yeah i've been to festivals and planning on visiting some more this summer.
I dont know if you ever went to a 3/4/5 or even 8 day festival in europe?
But it's an experience everyone needs to have.
Drinking beer from 8:00 am till 4.00 am. pitching up your tent with 50.000 other music lovers. Luring girls to your tent :p and best of all seeying great bands from morning to night and just go crazy for 3 days and getting seriously wrecked. Its just great!!

I'm suffering unbearable envy.

Quote:

Alice cooper was amazing he had a fun show where he murdered a women, it looked a bit fake but we had a good laugh.

HAHA, good old Alice! I love that geezer, (since I was a kid). And one of the few who looks right wearing makeup IMHO. Was he the first I wonder?

Jul 16, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #350 of 1,001
Fortunately In Flames played a lot of old material today. I did feel a bit amused when Dark Funeral introduced one of their songs with : "Helsinki you are great, you really fulfill my darkest desires". Tomorrow Swallow the Sun, Dark Tranquillity, Turisas, Nightwish and some others.

Jul 17, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #351 of 1,001
Nacher & Abstruse.......two wild and crazy euro guys

Headbangers Ball MTV 2
Tonight is the Ozzfest edition.........will likely see Shagrath (Dimmu Bogir) at sometime during the show
\m/
very_evil_smiley.gif
\m/

Jul 18, 2004 at 12:22 PM Post #352 of 1,001
HBB Summary
Well I think they talked to Shagrath briefly.......VJ talked to two guys (no make-up) backstage and just called them Dimmu Bogir and asked the usual dumb questions you ask in 2 minute spot, English was pretty good and had the nordic accent. Also they played the magnificent new video "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" which is the best dark metal video ever made, a real work of art.......made other videos shown last night look like home vacation videos.

As far as music/videos the only good stuff they showed was Dimmu Bogir, Zak Wylde BLS, and two classic era Slayer songs (which destroyed anything I heard from 2nd stage acts). Most material was new bands featured on 2nd stage and I heard nothing of any quality there unfortunately.

Otep is almost sounding good now compared to first album, but still not worth my money. I keep an eye on them since they have female singer.

Very briefly talked to Cristina & Lacuna Coil, hottest chick in metal today and they barely show her.......
frown.gif

Jul 18, 2004 at 12:36 PM Post #353 of 1,001
I finally got to see the video for "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" (here). Wow! That was really cool. I can't wait to see what's next from them.

Scott

Jul 18, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #355 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
The uncut version is even better!

Dang, I need to see that!

Jul 18, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #356 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
The uncut version is even better!

I wanna see it too. But I already have two versions of DCA, not sure if three versions is a good idea. The Nuclear Blast server is maxed out so I can't see the clean version to determine if DCA 3 is worth buying. I ripped the live 42 meg 'Entrance' video from my enhanced Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. Trade?
evil_smiley.gif

Speaking of video, I had an innocent tit-for-tat over N.Jones on page 4 of 'Most Embarassing CD in your collection' thread and someone posted a link for Arch Enemy's 'Ravenous' video (low rez but fun).

Jul 20, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #358 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher
Fortunately In Flames played a lot of old material today. I did feel a bit amused when Dark Funeral introduced one of their songs with : "Helsinki you are great, you really fulfill my darkest desires". Tomorrow Swallow the Sun, Dark Tranquillity, Turisas, Nightwish and some others.

Daw in Flames back in my, Great show. Playing all the old songs
smily_headphones1.gif

They where on tour with caliban and devil driver(guy from coalchamber).

Please let me know how dark Tranquility was, i'd love to see them live!

Quote:

Nacher & Abstruse.......two wild and crazy euro guys

In the famous words of Coal Chamber: "Me Loco"!!!

ooh and lacuna coil droool
smily_headphones1.gif

Wouldn't mind having breakfast with the singer of at the gates either.
As long as she doesnt say a word, or tries to scare the crap outta me :p

Jul 20, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #359 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
The End better have new albums by:
Ancient
Nightwish

in stock this week or I will just purchase them from CD Universe. Steady price increases last few years to $13 per CD has me looking around for altrenative sources.....price for new Ancient only $8.39:
Ancient

NP: Lucifugum - Sortilage of Christianity

I have good news and bad news :

From The End :

NIGHTWISH - Once

With over 100,000 already sold in Germany and #1 now in Germany, Finland, Norway, Slovakia, Hungary and Greece the success continues for this Finnish melodic symphonic band! Jewel case version in a nice plastic slipcase. Sorry for high price but it's an expensive import....

Price: $17.00 and free shipping

From Amazon :

NIGHTWISH - Once
List Price: $27.99
Price: $27.99 & This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

NIGHTWISH - Once (+2 Bonus Tracks)
List Price: $39.99
Price: $39.99 & This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

From CD Universe :
List Price $32.98 (You save $4.43)
Our Price: $28.55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back