May 14, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #766 of 1,066
Quote:

GRAVELAND - celtic winter & carpathian wolves
SHAPE OF DESPAIR - angel distress & shades
TAAKE - nattestid & bjoergvin
JUDAS ISCARIOT - dying light & solitary night

I have Graveland - Creed of Iron

Sweeping epic NSBM.

Shape of Despair - I have both their albums, just great funeral doom metal, even if they are a little faster than most funeral doom bands, great lyrics.

JUDAS ISCARIOT - Hey, American Black Metal. Pure hateful black metal.

Can Darkthrone's two True black metal albums be far behind in your collection?

May 14, 2003 at 2:22 PM Post #767 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Can Darkthrone's two True black metal albums be far behind in your collection?

I already own the 1st three........I believe these are the TRUE ones right?

May 14, 2003 at 3:34 PM Post #768 of 1,066
Yeah,
DarkThrone – Under a Funeral Moon
DarkThrone – Transylvanian Hunger

Actually, Transylvanian Hunger is my favorite BM album ever, even if it does sound like techno
wink.gif

May 14, 2003 at 6:51 PM Post #769 of 1,066
Quote:

Speaking of Doom Metal...

I got Shape of Despair - Shades of... today from The End. All I have to say about this album is that is just freaking awesome! A must have for all doomed fans.

I am sure you will love that Khanate CD.

Hmm... I don't know if I'd like this. As an Electric Wizard/Sleep/Sunn O))) fan, would this be up my alley?

- Chris

May 14, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #770 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Hmm... I don't know if I'd like this. As an Electric Wizard/Sleep/Sunn O))) fan, would this be up my alley?

- Chris

It's not that style of doom, but you might like it anyway. Doom-Metal.com says this about them :

"Slow, monotonous and trance-like Funeral Doom using a flute and violin. Somewhat like fellow countrymen Skepticism but the music is more dreamy and trance-like. A great addition to the few bands that play Funeral Doom and highly recommended for fans of this style of music."

You can check out samples here :

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/384/...f_despair.html

Try it you might like it, explore new horizons!

May 14, 2003 at 8:42 PM Post #776 of 1,066
Quote:

Slowdive is not even metal, it's pop. yuck!

Oops, sorry about that.

May 14, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #777 of 1,066
Quote:

Actually, these pics are better, or at least more my taste, same two women, same photo shoot :

Hmmmmmmmm.......I can't decide, can I have both?
very_evil_smiley.gif

OK, back to my new MANSON disc........while I wait for more dark metal to arrive.

May 15, 2003 at 10:33 PM Post #778 of 1,066
ORPHANAGE - Inside

Dark Symphonies review:
"After a two year dormancy Holland's own ORPHANAGE is set to unleash their third release of goth-glistening greatness. Meshing only the most potent qualities of their past two renowned releases ("Oblivion" and "By Time Alone"), fusing gothadelic beauty and Celtic atmospheres with complimentary aggression and groove. The record proves more extreme by exploiting the differences between the ultra-heavy hooks of the guitar, drum and bass section and the new dueling vocal role. The abrasive grunts of George Oosthoek engaged with the enchanting tones of Rosan Van Der Aa are highlighted by mysterious keyboard moods, orchestral textures and ethereal choirs. Each song presents a new, fascinating composition. "

A typical DS hype review, but, actually, it's pretty good B&B stuff. Song 9 made me laugh out loud - the dude's gonna "kick your screwing ass!". Rosan's voice is beautiful, but not used enough. I didn't hear anything I'd call Celtic. At least 8/10, maybe a little higher.

May 16, 2003 at 12:49 AM Post #779 of 1,066
Elend has a new album and the End has restocked their old albums with extra stuff. Elend is not really metal, but most metal fans like them.

Their albums tend to cost a ton of money, right DA? Well, not anymore, check it out :

ELEND - Winds Devouring Men DIGIPAK

Orchestral - Monumental - Intense - the Austrian-French project that defined desperation and darkness is back! Five years after the last album "The Umbersun", Elend releasing their new masterpiece! This is the Limited edition gatefold Digipak featuring a bonus track. $12

ELEND - Lecons De Tenebres
Price: $12.00

ELEND - les Tenebres Du Dehors LIMITED EDITION + BONUS TRACK

ELEND - Weeping Night LIMITED EDITION DIGIPAK

May 16, 2003 at 2:27 PM Post #780 of 1,066
Quote:

Elend has a new album and the End has restocked their old albums with extra stuff. Elend is not really metal, but most metal fans like them.
Their albums tend to cost a ton of money, right DA? Well, not anymore, check it out :

I got an ELEND album a while ago and didn't like it so they are not on my buy list.

JUDAS ISCARIOT
Said to be America's BURZUM......he better practice some more. Not too impressed with my two albums, needs more creative energy rate these 6-7/10, will keep but not buy more. In a word bland.

GRAVELAND
Yes yes yes......this is what you would get if you combined early Nokturnal Mortum and Summoning, waves of dark melodic sounds wash over you like forboding clouds of death, divine. I have already ordered more, 9/10
-carpathian wolves
-thousand swords
-celtic winter
-immortal pride

Users who are viewing this thread

Back