Dared MP5 - USB input issue
Dec 1, 2009 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GRhodes

New Head-Fier
My Dared MP5 is not recognizing USB input any more. Does fine with RCA. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know of a fix? Thanks in advance.

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 7
Can you give us some more information on the problem? Have you tried it with another computer?
I noticed the switch on my MP5 is not as stable, u can move it a little bit and the sound goes off to one side or another.

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 7
I haven't used a computer, just 3 different MP3 players. I am going to try an iPod tonight to see if it does any better.

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 7
Same result with iPod. No red light at all. Jiggled the switch and the USB plug with no results...

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Bump.... Anyone have any ideas or a suggestion of a better place to ask please???

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Late reply - but this will never work with MP3 players. You may have a suitable cable to connect the two, but only a PC can 'recognize' your MP5 and send it digital data.

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 7
I have the same issue when driving my Dared MP-5 via USB from my iMac 27". 
The DAC never worked well, and was very picky about the ports I use, but since I changed computers I can't get this to work at all. I purchased a powered USB hub thinking this might be a power issue, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Any ideas/comments/help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back